Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out 13:51 - Apr 16 with 1237 viewsWoolfenthen

For the pressers means they are likely to be around for next season. I'd add KVY and maybe Dozzell but cant see anyone else other than a few U23s remaining i.e. Lankester, Nydam, Dobra, Ndaba, Baggott, El Miz etc.
Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:53 - Apr 16 with 1214 viewsitfcjoe

Woolf has a lomg contract, but he is one that needs to sharpen up more than anyone really for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:55 - Apr 16 with 1198 viewsWoolfenthen

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:53 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Woolf has a lomg contract, but he is one that needs to sharpen up more than anyone really for me.

agreed, but young enough and potential wise has enough to stay, plus one of the very few who looked genuinely upset when interviewed earlier in the season, so think hes one of the very few who cares.
Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:57 - Apr 16 with 1169 viewstractorboy1978

It's been a real wasted year for him, he's gone backwards massively. Hopefully he comes back next summer raring to go and rises to the challenge of the increased expectations. Ditto Dozzell - the pair of them really need to step up next season or you'd imagine will be out of the picture or off.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 13:58]
Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:01 - Apr 16 with 1125 viewsTIB

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:53 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Feel like Woolfy needs the right manager to get him back on track. I seem to be remember an interview where he was pretty laid back about being a footballer, that it wasn't necessarily a dream for him, just turned out he was super gifted.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:03 - Apr 16 with 1113 viewsitfc1108

I understand people can be very laid back, but watching his club interview on ifollow just now, it looks like he couldn't care less.
It's like it's not very cool amongst the group, to show that you care and want to work hard and be dedicated.
Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:06 - Apr 16 with 1063 viewsbelgablue

I think Wolf flatters to deceive because he's young and from Suffolk. Wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 1006 viewsBlueBadger

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:06 - Apr 16 by belgablue

I think Wolf flatters to deceive because he's young and from Suffolk. Wouldn't be sad to see him go.

It would be very shortsighted of us to let the likes of Woolf and Dozzell go when Chambers and Skuse are reaching the end of their careers.

It's been a long-term dream for us to have scapegoats who are home-grown rather than journayman scapegoats.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:21 - Apr 16 with 970 viewsitfcjoe

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 13:55 - Apr 16 by Woolfenthen

agreed, but young enough and potential wise has enough to stay, plus one of the very few who looked genuinely upset when interviewed earlier in the season, so think hes one of the very few who cares.

They all care, think it's just easy to say they don't.

He needs to have a better summer this year, show that he wants it and can be a prt of it - he's got the ability and fingers crossed he comes back flying as will be a great asset to us if he does

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 17:36 - Apr 16 with 725 viewspointofblue

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 14:21 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

They all care, think it's just easy to say they don't.

He needs to have a better summer this year, show that he wants it and can be a prt of it - he's got the ability and fingers crossed he comes back flying as will be a great asset to us if he does

For me, Woolfenden may be the one player in the squad who perhaps deserves to be given some time despite taking a step back this season, due to the circumstances he's found himself in.

He has started 21 games for us in 20/21:
- Partnered Nsiala at centre back (3)
- Partnered Ndaba at centre back (1)
- Partenred Baggott at centre back (1)
- Partnered McGuinness at centre back (12)
- At right back (4)

At no point has he played alongside Wilson or Chambers in the middle, partenerships which allowed him to be the junior centre back and learn rather than having to take the lead. For all but three appearances at centre back he has had to be the senior partner at the age of 22, guiding kids who have not played a minute of league football prior to this season. The three appearances where he did have a 'senior' centre back it was Toto who, let's say, is accident prone and leave it at that.

Then he was dumped out of the side after a 0-0 draw and returned only due to injuries to KVY and Wilson to play on the right, a position which he hasn't played competitively at for nearly two seasons.

Due to the above I'm not the least bit surprised he hasn't hit the heights of last season but think he could still be worth persisting with.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Think the fact Woolf and Downes have been churned out on 17:48 - Apr 16 with 690 viewshappybeingblue

think his head got turned by said sheff utd interest got an improved deal on the back of it and has been below average since
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024