Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint 14:14 - Apr 16 with 6585 viewsartsbossbeard

The Woolpack.

Estrella

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:15 - Apr 16 with 2694 viewsKieran_Knows

My local, The Moon isn't opening until 17th May, so not sure at the minute where my first pint will be!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:15 - Apr 16 with 2695 viewsFtnfwest

Correct pub, but it has to be Broady
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 2670 viewsitfcjoe

I'll be at the Cherry Tree, Woodbridge at 1800 hours tomorrow for, most likely, a Mosaic.

Am out with Mrs itfcjoe for the day, so there is a chance we have a pub lunch so can't guarantee it'll be my first

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 2660 viewsParky

Booked in at the Halberd tomorrow for my first one since lockdown and I’m praying they do Peroni on tap, I can almost taste it now.
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:22 - Apr 16 with 2635 viewsfooters

Skehan's in Broccoli tomorrow. Probably Guinness to drink but mainly going there for the tasty Thai grub on offer.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:22 - Apr 16 with 2629 viewsBiGDonnie

Was in the Shortlands Tavern on Monday just gone at 2pm. Birra Morreti.

Was at home sicking it all back up at 7pm!

Good times.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 14:25]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:45 - Apr 16 with 2551 viewsBlueBadger

Glemsford Angel.

An almost-certain pint of Ghostie.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:45 - Apr 16 with 2552 viewsFixed_It

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:20 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

I'll be at the Cherry Tree, Woodbridge at 1800 hours tomorrow for, most likely, a Mosaic.

Am out with Mrs itfcjoe for the day, so there is a chance we have a pub lunch so can't guarantee it'll be my first

Just up the road from where I used to live. Was very nice back in the day - I expect it probably still is.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:46 - Apr 16 with 2543 viewsUB9Blue

Fox and Hounds in Rickmansworth for a pint of Strongbow
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:47 - Apr 16 with 2533 viewsChiefXL

Had they run out of everything else?
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:47 - Apr 16 with 2534 viewsitfcjoe

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:20 - Apr 16 by Parky

Booked in at the Halberd tomorrow for my first one since lockdown and I’m praying they do Peroni on tap, I can almost taste it now.

You can see the new huts we built in the outside area over lockdown....

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 2519 viewsfooters

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:47 - Apr 16 by ChiefXL

Had they run out of everything else?

I'm worried about the tastes of some of our fellow posters.

Estrella?
Peroni?
Morreti?
Strongbow?!

This place. Honestly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 2517 viewsParky

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:47 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

You can see the new huts we built in the outside area over lockdown....

It’s a joke they can’t actually be used yet (so I’ve been told).
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 2515 viewsJakeITFC

Same here, Monday just gone.

Moved onto Warsteiner for my second (and the remainder).
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:51 - Apr 16 with 2507 viewsChiefXL

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:49 - Apr 16 by footers

Estrella?
Peroni?
Morreti?
Strongbow?!

This place. Honestly.

It's enough to make me want to emigrate
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:52 - Apr 16 with 2502 viewsBlueBadger

Estrella?
Peroni?
Morreti?
Strongbow?!

This place. Honestly.

Estrella is only acceptable if you are actually on holiday.

See also: any other fizzy, non-German/Czech 'lager'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:52 - Apr 16 with 2498 viewsDanTheMan

The White Lion about 2 hours ago.

And I had an EPA.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 2475 viewsitfcjoe

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:49 - Apr 16 by Parky

It’s a joke they can’t actually be used yet (so I’ve been told).

Is it because of the household mixing rules?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 2471 viewsBiGDonnie

Estrella?
Peroni?
Morreti?
Strongbow?!

This place. Honestly.

I only went for the Moretti because they'd ran out of......... Peroni!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 2441 viewslowhouseblue

it was monday lunchtime. it was ghost ship. it was very cold.

(i have a fear that the landlord has used lockdown to switch southward for gk ipa - which would be very bad).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 2455 viewsJakeITFC

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:59 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Is it because of the household mixing rules?

If it's like the ones at the Greyhound it's because they are counted as inside if they have three sides and a roof.
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:04 - Apr 16 with 2436 viewsBluish

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 14:45 - Apr 16 by BlueBadger

Glemsford Angel.

An almost-certain pint of Ghostie.

Am I right in thinking that this is only pub left in Glemsford now?
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:10 - Apr 16 with 2406 viewsBlueBadger

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:04 - Apr 16 by Bluish

Am I right in thinking that this is only pub left in Glemsford now?

Basically, yes at the moment - if you don't count the Social Club.

In theory the Black Lion and Cherry Tree are still 'open' but the landlady at the Lion showed no interest at all in reopening last year after lockdown and has done the same since, although she is still flogging Sunday dinners - so we'll wait and see what happens there.

And then there's the Tree, which is basically licensed as a pub but is a Chinese restaurant/takeaway in all but name.

Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:12 - Apr 16 with 2402 viewsStNeotsBlue

Had a few pints of Peroni and a nice meal at the River Mill with my daughters last night. It's a lovely location overlooking the Great Ouse but it was absolutely baltic conditions.
Pubs opening - First pint location/First pint on 15:22 - Apr 16 with 2347 viewsLord_Lucan

Arcade Friday 7th (See you there)

Anything under a tenner.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024