Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Does Football Manager 06:21 - Apr 17 with 545 viewswkj

This may be an amazing, or incredibly dumb idea - but I was considering doing a TWDT Plays as ITFC.

The idea in my mind is to form a consensus on what a starting budget would be (based on hopefully realist predictions of what GameChanger20 will provide us with). All players on the senior squad will be transfer listed, although if a strong opinion is reached we can retain certain players.

Players that get returned/released between now and the end of the season will be released in game.

We will agree upon a basic formation we must stick to for the entire season - and figure out who we want to buy at the start.

As the save is set up and the players populate, the idea is those who participate will play X number of games, then send the save file to the next person in line, but reporting results and significant decisions/events on this thread.

See if we as fans really know as much as we think we do about making ITFC the club we once knew. If there is interest in this, we'll set up the save file between now and the end of the season IRL, then get cracking on the game season over the summer break.
[Post edited 17 Apr 6:23]

http://www.twitter.com/wkjezz3306
Poll: Does the takeover change your stance on buying a Season Ticket?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TWTD Does Football Manager on 07:15 - Apr 17 with 470 viewsITFC_Jenx

I'm in.

TWTD Does Football Manager on 07:25 - Apr 17 with 457 viewsSwailsey

I’m In!!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA
Poll: Who is the happiest?

TWTD Does Football Manager on 07:39 - Apr 17 with 432 viewsWeWereZombies

I was with you until the stick with a basic formation for the entire season.

Poll: Do we really need two polls about how many points we get in the next five games?

TWTD Does Football Manager on 07:56 - Apr 17 with 402 viewsgreyhound

TWTD Does Football Manager on 07:39 - Apr 17 by WeWereZombies

I was with you until the stick with a basic formation for the entire season.

If its not a 4 2 3 1 positive gegenpress with inside forward/inverted wingers you may as well not play.

Would be up for this however just don't give me the transfer window as I'll spend far to long on it.

As for a transfer budget, in league one its surely going to be modest regardless

TWTD Does Football Manager on 08:03 - Apr 17 with 389 viewsDanTheMan

I believe I actually tried this once, takes a lot of effort!

I'm up for helping out though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

TWTD Does Football Manager on 08:17 - Apr 17 with 348 viewswkj

Awesome, I guess sticking to a formation is bit oversimplified - building a team around a formation is probably more what I meant

http://www.twitter.com/wkjezz3306
Poll: Does the takeover change your stance on buying a Season Ticket?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TWTD Does Football Manager on 09:11 - Apr 17 with 281 viewsMB26

I am already in the middle of a Town save. Managed to get us promoted by winning the title, and did have rather large clearout of players for the following season but I'd love for Marcus Evans not to be the owner.

I think my current XI is 4-2-3-1- Holy, KVY, Woolfy, Nathan Baker, Connor Ogilive, Downes, Ebou Adams, Lankester, Judge, Shodipo, Norwood.

Managed to get Norwood to score 29 goals in 46 games too.

Would happily do it again.

TWTD Does Football Manager on 09:12 - Apr 17 with 276 viewstractordownsouth

Don't think I've got much room on my laptop to get FM 2021... can I be head of recruitment instead of a manager?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: Season Preview 2015/16

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Does Football Manager on 09:39 - Apr 17 with 232 viewspointofblue

TWTD Does Football Manager on 09:11 - Apr 17 by MB26

I am already in the middle of a Town save. Managed to get us promoted by winning the title, and did have rather large clearout of players for the following season but I'd love for Marcus Evans not to be the owner.

I think my current XI is 4-2-3-1- Holy, KVY, Woolfy, Nathan Baker, Connor Ogilive, Downes, Ebou Adams, Lankester, Judge, Shodipo, Norwood.

Managed to get Norwood to score 29 goals in 46 games too.

Would happily do it again.

I started a new game based on having a squad including the January signings and am currently top in mid January, three points clear of Sunderland with a game in hand.

My first XI for rearranged win v Burton (4-3-3): Holy, Matheson, Kenlock, McGuinness, Chambers, Downes, Bishop, Harrop, Edwards, Jackson, Norwood

Where to start? Harrop is a revelation scoring from midfield; Norwood is already well into double figures and Jackson would probably join him if it hadn’t been for me preferring an impressive Bennetts on the left until he got an injury. Woolfenden was right back until he got a knock; whilst Matheson has done ok there I’m not sure whether to switch back as Woolf has had some great assists from that side. Whilst I’m sure fans would be loving where we are I would have got pelters at points... especially playing a second XI at Norwich in the League Cup only to lose to Rochdale the following Saturday and also throwing 2-0 leads away in successive matches at home to Charlton and at Oxford, both resulting in defeats.

The only issue with the above idea is I think we have to retain the loanees until January - that would be the first opportunity to terminate the loan deals. Although I guess that can be played about with on the database, which I’m clueless about!

Poll: Which formation should we play moving forward?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021