Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today’s game feels a bit surreal 09:24 - Apr 17 with 1879 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely got to be one of the strangest vibes around a match in years?

I have no idea what to expect, what any performance will say or how I’ll feel if we do the unexpected and actually sneak a win. Would a win just prolong the pain or be the start of a healing process?

And all against the backdrop of an empty, quiet stadium punctured by the shouts of angry coaches and players.

Pronouns: He/Him

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:28 - Apr 17 with 1703 viewsJ2BLUE

It couldn't be worse really. Cook has been let down and knows he has another six games of this squad. There's little he can do. I think we'll lose by 2-3 today.

It was Evans' final mistake to wait so long to bring Cook in. He's been left with Lambert's bloated squad who lack any confidence whatsoever after that clown was here.

I suppose the best thing we can hope for is a battling 0-0 or 1-0 loss. I just hope Cook has made his mind up about most of them and 5-6 decent performances won't get them a new deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:29 - Apr 17 with 1698 viewspointofblue

It feels like we’ve returned to the Lambert era - nothing will change until certain things happen so we’re treading water above the abyss. Therefore it is hard to care because this is a match we have to play for regulation reasons rather than because we, as a club, really wish or need to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:31 - Apr 17 with 1677 viewsfooters

It's a dead rubber, pure and simple. Not for me, I'm orf out for a few beers instead. Hope those of you who are watching get a win but seriously doubt it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:32 - Apr 17 with 1672 viewsGarv

The vibe on the team bus I think might be more interesting than the game itself.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:32 - Apr 17 with 1671 viewsbelgablue

I’d be surprised if sneaked a goal let alone a win. Could be a couple of positives in seeing KVY and Nydam get some decent game time. Expect both to be here next season.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:35 - Apr 17 with 1632 viewsearlsgreenblue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:28 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

It couldn't be worse really. Cook has been let down and knows he has another six games of this squad. There's little he can do. I think we'll lose by 2-3 today.

It was Evans' final mistake to wait so long to bring Cook in. He's been left with Lambert's bloated squad who lack any confidence whatsoever after that clown was here.

I suppose the best thing we can hope for is a battling 0-0 or 1-0 loss. I just hope Cook has made his mind up about most of them and 5-6 decent performances won't get them a new deal.

Agree with that, but I think ME’s card up the sleeve & PC’s saving grace is the number of contracts that are in the final stages..........just think how it could of been if only 3-4 contracts were up?
No chance of mass change as is no doubt about to happen, normally this board would be going berserk at how the management have allowed it to happen & such poor negotiations etc etc.
Now it’s, “thank heavens it’s nearly over”
Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:37 - Apr 17 with 1603 viewsDubtractor

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:31 - Apr 17 by footers

It's a dead rubber, pure and simple. Not for me, I'm orf out for a few beers instead. Hope those of you who are watching get a win but seriously doubt it.

Yep.

I'm gonna head out for a nice bike ride in a bit, then this afternoon potter around in the garden in the sunshine. I might have a couple of beers to help things along.

Watching a no threat, goalless, football was fine to pass the time in winter when there was fook all else to do, but it will def take a back seat now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:42 - Apr 17 with 1571 viewsTrumptonBlue

I'll be interested to see the team news. Not so interested in the game itself.
Login to get fewer ads

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:45 - Apr 17 with 1554 viewsChurchman

The game feels totally irrelevant, which is wrong really. But that’s how it is. A dead game. The events off the field are more important than what happens today. It’s not a ‘free hit’ (awful phrase) because regardless of the score (2-0 Charlton?), I hope Cook learns something from it and a player or two learns something about themselves too.
Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:46 - Apr 17 with 1549 viewsScuzzer

Seriously considering watching the qualifying for the Grand Prix...even that must be better than watching Town. And then watch the Duke's funeral.

Established 1968

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:52 - Apr 17 with 1512 viewsnoggin

I've put a few quid on Charlton to win despite a 0-2 handicap. might as well make some money out of it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:54 - Apr 17 with 1493 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:31 - Apr 17 by footers

Same here re: a win.

I’m going to grimly struggle through it though. What doesn’t kill you etc.

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:54 - Apr 17 with 1490 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why? A struggling manager throwing his toys out of the pram is hardly new. Town playing a dead rubber is hardly new. Out of contract players eyeing up new opportunities is hardly new. A surreal empty stadium is hardly new. Disappointment at feeble performances in an 'easy run in' is hardly new. Playing Charlton doing slightly better in the promotion picture is hardly new. On recent performances I'd say theclub under new ownership 'Ipswich Town Nil' would get a mention - but as you say, either club could win - if they score.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:58 - Apr 17 with 1455 viewsDarth_Koont

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:54 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Why? A struggling manager throwing his toys out of the pram is hardly new. Town playing a dead rubber is hardly new. Out of contract players eyeing up new opportunities is hardly new. A surreal empty stadium is hardly new. Disappointment at feeble performances in an 'easy run in' is hardly new. Playing Charlton doing slightly better in the promotion picture is hardly new. On recent performances I'd say theclub under new ownership 'Ipswich Town Nil' would get a mention - but as you say, either club could win - if they score.

I guess it’s subjective.

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:04 - Apr 17 with 1408 viewsRadlett_blue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:45 - Apr 17 by Churchman

The game feels totally irrelevant, which is wrong really. But that’s how it is. A dead game. The events off the field are more important than what happens today. It’s not a ‘free hit’ (awful phrase) because regardless of the score (2-0 Charlton?), I hope Cook learns something from it and a player or two learns something about themselves too.

I hope to see more of the younger, fringe players getting game time e.g. Dobra starting & not being routinely hooked (unless he looks like getting himself sent off).
Also play Lankester if he's fit, Nydam to start as well & Drinan (unless Cook has made up his mind about him).
No loan players, please, unless we might want them next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:13 - Apr 17 with 1339 viewsTieDyedIn95

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:28 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

Evans end at Ipswich, given what we now know was going on behind the scenes, is absolutely bizarre. That last transfer window has to be one of the strangest decisions any club owner could have made, knowing that the manager was all but off and that he likely wasn't far behind. You can see why the guy lost so much money running things here. Just what was the point of any of that?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:16 - Apr 17 with 1332 viewsclive_baker

Quite. Especially when you consider the 5 games that follow it ‘on paper’ that were all perfectly winnable had we been able to get out sh1t together. It’s so frustrating, this should be a massive game where 3 points would put us in with a real chance of the p/offs, but knowing how toothless we are it just feels like a dead rubber.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Agreed... completely surreal... and seemingly zero chance of winning... on 10:20 - Apr 17 with 1283 viewsunstableblue

Charlton on form, true new manager bounce, Adkins first game at Valley so will want a performance, them putting on a play-off push

Us completely out of form, manager has thrown entire team under bus, no settled selection, system, unable to hit a barn door, 12.30 kick-off means travelling early morning, not ideal

I could go on

These are the days Darth. - WHEN THE GOD OF FOOTBALL DELIVERS IS THREE POINTS!!!!!!! Believe the impossible dream

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:22 - Apr 17 with 1273 viewsSomethingBlue

Yeah, odd one, just depends to what extent our bunch of failures respond to having had an absolute rocket put up them. Perhaps they will, in which case the season retains a glimmer of life for another three days. More likely is a better performance yielding a draw or narrow defeat, effectively meaning Cook has free rein to experiment over the final month.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:29 - Apr 17 with 1216 viewsdavblue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 10:22 - Apr 17 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, odd one, just depends to what extent our bunch of failures respond to having had an absolute rocket put up them. Perhaps they will, in which case the season retains a glimmer of life for another three days. More likely is a better performance yielding a draw or narrow defeat, effectively meaning Cook has free rein to experiment over the final month.

He’s tried everything else and it’s not worked, I can’t see it making any difference.

What has happened to our club to find itself in a right old state?

Was it our acceptance of relegation from the fans and the players thinking they have it easy?

Lamberts management or lack of.

Evans just letting the club slowly decay.
Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:04 - Apr 17 with 1038 viewspointofblue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 09:42 - Apr 17 by TrumptonBlue

I'll be interested to see the team news. Not so interested in the game itself.

I’m with you on this - can’t wait to see what team he’s picked but might just go for a walk after that.

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 1018 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll be gobsmacked if we score. That is all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:27 - Apr 17 with 946 viewsPinewoodblue

Would feel even stranger if we were all on our way to the ground with no clue what the team sheet would look like, of if they would turn up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 936 viewspointofblue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:27 - Apr 17 by Pinewoodblue

Would feel even stranger if we were all on our way to the ground with no clue what the team sheet would look like, of if they would turn up.

That reminds me of the line up against Norwich under Hurst whilst I was walking to the ground.

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:30 - Apr 17 with 920 viewsPinewoodblue

Today’s game feels a bit surreal on 11:29 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

That reminds me of the line up against Norwich under Hurst whilst I was walking to the ground.

That isn’t funny, head to the naughty step.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024