Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) 14:10 - Apr 17 with 3910 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:12 - Apr 17 with 3352 viewsKeno

Just a year away from their next relegation

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:12 - Apr 17 with 3338 viewsBlueNomad

Unfortunately you have to say they deserve it this season
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:12 - Apr 17 with 3338 viewsHerbivore

Congratulations to Norwich on another successful campaign.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:15 - Apr 17 with 3306 viewsTheBoyBlue

To be honest, it was assured as soon as they showed they wouldn't put up a fight last season. They were prepared to go down and come up stronger. Sad that that seems the best way of getting success for clubs of our size these days, but fair play to them, they've worked the system perfectly.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:23 - Apr 17 with 3194 viewsFixed_It

Their promotion was assured ever since there was talk of Christmas being cancelled!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:24 - Apr 17 with 3189 viewsBlueNomad

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:15 - Apr 17 by TheBoyBlue

To be honest, it was assured as soon as they showed they wouldn't put up a fight last season. They were prepared to go down and come up stronger. Sad that that seems the best way of getting success for clubs of our size these days, but fair play to them, they've worked the system perfectly.

How much stronger? Will Buendia be there?
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:25 - Apr 17 with 3175 viewschrismakin

Use it to our advantage. Our new owners can see what an east anglian club can do attendance wise when in the prem..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 3049 viewsArnieM

Yip they have done well haven’t they. Their PL exploits next season will be once again about staying in or around that bottom 4. They get promoted but never push on ...yo-yo club.

Most expensively funded Championship outfit around. Well See them the season after next .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:42 - Apr 17 with 3018 viewsTractorCam

That's how long i've been going regularly, i've seen 3 play off semis and a cup semi final win against Arsenal.

Take that Norwich!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:46 - Apr 17 with 2944 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:12 - Apr 17 by Keno

I'd take promotion/relegation/promotion/relegation, etc., over our slow, long decline and lack of any excitement, passion or care any day of the week.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:51 - Apr 17 with 2885 viewsBlueBadger

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:15 - Apr 17 by TheBoyBlue

In alla fairness, that was a model we tried to adopt as well.

We managed the 'get relegated without a fight' bit perfectly...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:08 - Apr 17 with 2738 viewsgainsboroughblue

This afternoon

We play and don't score.
They don't and get promoted.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:10 - Apr 17 with 2694 viewshaynes_toe1

One of the best ever championship sides according to BBC and Sky. Hard to argue, rarely see that brand of football at that level and so successfully done too.

Fancy them to stay up next season. They're not our concern for a while.
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:11 - Apr 17 with 2686 viewswkj

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:12 - Apr 17 by Keno

Not this year. Norwich have a well gelled team ready for the Premier League. Unless the screw with the formula - they'll be staying up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 17 with 2255 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Good for them, this is the first time in years im not arsed about it.

Not sure if that's because no fans makes it less 'in your face' or im just more optimistic about our future that it doesn't bother me as much
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:59 - Apr 17 with 2097 viewspointofblue

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Good for them, this is the first time in years im not arsed about it.

Not sure if that's because no fans makes it less 'in your face' or im just more optimistic about our future that it doesn't bother me as much

Future? We're miles behind them and I have to wonder if we'll ever catch up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:02 - Apr 17 with 2060 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:59 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Yes our future. You know, the one with our new owners who seem like a great addition and who are willing to invest in our future

I'm not comparing us to them and not saying we will catch them up. Just saying that im the most optimistic ive been in a long, long while

Not everything needs to be compared to them, we are our own club. Not worth worrying about 'catching them up', lets just get out this league first
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 16:05]
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:07 - Apr 17 with 2019 viewsKieran_Knows

Fück the scum and everything about them.

The Ipswich are back and we’ll be in the same division come 2022/2023.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 2000 viewspointofblue

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:02 - Apr 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Yes our future. You know, the one with our new owners who seem like a great addition and who are willing to invest in our future

I'm not comparing us to them and not saying we will catch them up. Just saying that im the most optimistic ive been in a long, long while

Not everything needs to be compared to them, we are our own club. Not worth worrying about 'catching them up', lets just get out this league first
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 16:05]

Maybe. For me having local bragging rights mean a lot as well and that seems far away - maybe not as far away as this time last month but still...

You are right though - just need to concentrate on ourselves for now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:12 - Apr 17 with 1967 viewsHARRY10

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 14:40 - Apr 17 by ArnieM

Yip they have done well haven’t they. Their PL exploits next season will be once again about staying in or around that bottom 4. They get promoted but never push on ...yo-yo club.

Most expensively funded Championship outfit around. Well See them the season after next .

That's nit actually true as they don't appear to have sent much at all.

I suspect they had a financial plan and irrespective of getting promoted they stuck to it, rather than chuck money at trying to stay up and risking huge debts if they go down.

Look how many ex PL clubs are struggling now. If these parachute payments were all you seem to be claiming then why are those clubs failing ?

The reality is that parachute payments merely pay the hefty contracts of the duds who got you relegated
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:13 - Apr 17 with 1954 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:08 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Maybe. For me having local bragging rights mean a lot as well and that seems far away - maybe not as far away as this time last month but still...

You are right though - just need to concentrate on ourselves for now.

For me too, but these new owners have given everyone (well me anyway) a new lease of life

Get this season done, clear out these wasters and I think next season could be very fun. These new guys are the real deal; once/ if we become a stable champ club, no reason we can't push on with the right investment (and these guys are willing to spend)

This sh.te has to end at some point, right?
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:17 - Apr 17 with 1910 viewsTheBoyBlue

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 15:59 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Firstly, I'm not sure why we feel the need to be measured against Norwich or anyone else. If we are successful and it so happens Norwich are too, then I won't care a jot.

However, if such things do concern you, I'm more confident of closing the gap then when Evans was 'running' things. If we can get into the Premier League merry-go-round then there's no reason why we can't do similar to them.

And whilst they have got just about every decision right in the last decade (whilst conversely we've got every decision wrong) they aren't adverse to getting things wrong. It was mainly the sale of Maddison that helped get them back onto the merry-go-round and it seems that if we'd beaten them under Hurst that they would've lost faith in Farke. Plus, if Webber leaves it would be interesting to see how that would effect them as I think he is the brains behind the overall operation.

However, as I said, I don't see why we need to keep comparing ourselves to them or anyone. Sit back and enjoy what may come our way over the next couple of seasons.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 16:27]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:21 - Apr 17 with 1881 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:17 - Apr 17 by TheBoyBlue

Firstly, I'm not sure why we feel the need to be measured against Norwich or anyone else. If we are successful and it so happens Norwich are too, then I won't care a jot.

However, if such things do concern you, I'm more confident of closing the gap then when Evans was 'running' things. If we can get into the Premier League merry-go-round then there's no reason why we can't do similar to them.

And whilst they have got just about every decision right in the last decade (whilst conversely we've got every decision wrong) they aren't adverse to getting things wrong. It was mainly the sale of Maddison that helped get them back onto the merry-go-round and it seems that if we'd beaten them under Hurst that they would've lost faith in Farke. Plus, if Webber leaves it would be interesting to see how that would effect them as I think he is the brains behind the overall operation.

However, as I said, I don't see why we need to keep comparing ourselves to them or anyone. Sit back and enjoy what may come our way over the next couple of seasons.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 16:27]

Said it better than I could- thank you that's just what I was trying to say!

Our successes don't always have to be measured against Norwich's- we are our own club!!!
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:22 - Apr 17 with 1859 viewsWickwar_Blue

Couldn’t care less. It will only bother me if they win anything of note.
Just minutes away from a 6th scum promotion in 17 years (n/t) on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 1807 viewsyesjohn99

Wrong forum mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024