Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep or release amongst the squad 09:13 - Apr 18 with 2883 viewsBluefish

Keep

Dobra
Dozzell
Downes
Hawkins
KVY
Nolan
Woolfenden

In contract but sell if possible

Holy
Cornell
Norwood

Take option and extend if possible

El Mizouni
Nydam
Bishop

Possible option for backup only (2 max)

Chambers
Wilson
Donacien
Nsiala
Kenlock (not sure if he has option?)

Release

Huws
Edwards
Drinan
Cinderella (unless a guaranteed sale ready)
Cotter
Przybek
Wright
Folami
Brown
Clements
Morris
Judge
Ward
Skuse

Send back all loanees and don't invite back

Who else?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Keep or release amongst the squad on 09:21 - Apr 18 with 2406 viewsjayessess

Agree with all that. Kenlock's contract runs until 2022 though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Keep or release amongst the squad on 09:51 - Apr 18 with 2281 viewsDubtractor

Mostly agree with that apart from Hawkins, I have no idea what it is you see in him.

I think I've seen him have one half decent game playing as a focal point in attack, but he doesn't score, he is slow, not strong in the air (considering his height), not that physically strong, etc etc. He offers less than Drinan IMO.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Keep or release amongst the squad on 09:58 - Apr 18 with 2255 viewsstrikalite

I only have Dobra, Downes, KVY, Wolf, El Miz, Nydam, Wilson....

I'd send Dozz and Bish on loan to the US..
Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:01 - Apr 18 with 2237 viewsSteve_M

Think that’s about right. Not sure Nolan can ever perform consistently do not too fussed if he goes.

Cinderella? Obviously Jackson as he’s but in the post but I’ve missed the wit there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:02 - Apr 18 with 2223 viewsKeno

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:01 - Apr 18 by Steve_M

Think that’s about right. Not sure Nolan can ever perform consistently do not too fussed if he goes.

Cinderella? Obviously Jackson as he’s but in the post but I’ve missed the wit there.

oh thats who he meant!!

is it something to do with being late for ball??

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:07 - Apr 18 with 2192 viewspointofblue

Keep: One of Holy or Cornell, Wilson, Woolfenden, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Vincent-Young, Dobra

Release/Sell: One of Cornell or Holy, Ward, Edwards, Skuse, Jackson, Norwood, Nolan, Donacien, Judge, Sears, Nsiala, Drinan, Kenlock, Hawkins, Huws

Loan out: Lankester, Ndaba, El Mizouni

Send back: McGuinness, Bennetts, Harrop, Parrott, Matheson

Move to a coaching role: Chambers

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:12 - Apr 18 with 2174 viewsKeaneish

Agree. I think Folami has already been released. I'd keep Norwood but other than that, pretty sure this will be inline with where Cook's head is at. Lankester stays too, obviously.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:14 - Apr 18 with 2167 viewsnodge_blue

I would keep Norwood over Hawkins.

Plus Id like to keep Morris. I only saw him play 10 minute cameo once before he got injured, but I thought he looked like he had something.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:15 - Apr 18 with 2163 viewssaffers12

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:07 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

Keep: One of Holy or Cornell, Wilson, Woolfenden, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Vincent-Young, Dobra

Release/Sell: One of Cornell or Holy, Ward, Edwards, Skuse, Jackson, Norwood, Nolan, Donacien, Judge, Sears, Nsiala, Drinan, Kenlock, Hawkins, Huws

I agree with this list but can't see how Bishop and Dozzell fit in the same system or team under PC, happy for one of them to go
Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:51 - Apr 18 with 2056 viewsMrTown

Dobra, Dozzell, Downes, Hawkins, Vincent-Young, Woolfenden, Nolan, Kenlock, Cornell, Holy, Norwood all contracted beyond 2021 - who he chooses to look to move on from that I don’t know.

El Mizouni/Nydam take extensions.

It’s as simple as that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 2016 viewsGarv

Above all else I don't know why you'd want to retain Hawkins and sell Norwood?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:07 - Apr 18 with 1997 viewsChurchman

Keep or release amongst the squad on 10:07 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

That’s about where I am. As far as goalies are concerned keep Holy as a back up, ditch Cornell and get in a decent first choice keeper.
Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:08 - Apr 18 with 1997 viewsCoastalblue

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:04 - Apr 18 by Garv

Above all else I don't know why you'd want to retain Hawkins and sell Norwood?

Hawkins probably fits Cook's way when looking at previous teams of his in a way that Norwood probably doesn't, even if fit. Hawkins gives you the option to start playing that system, and then upgrade when able to.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:14 - Apr 18 with 1950 viewsGarv

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:08 - Apr 18 by Coastalblue

Hawkins probably fits Cook's way when looking at previous teams of his in a way that Norwood probably doesn't, even if fit. Hawkins gives you the option to start playing that system, and then upgrade when able to.

Fair points. Just seems risky to me to bin off the only player in the squad that guarantees you goals. We made that mistake in 2018.

To be fair I'd probably look to keep both, depending on what other options are available during the summer.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:18 - Apr 18 with 1919 viewsjayessess

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:14 - Apr 18 by Garv

Fair points. Just seems risky to me to bin off the only player in the squad that guarantees you goals. We made that mistake in 2018.

To be fair I'd probably look to keep both, depending on what other options are available during the summer.

Yet it's not the sort of goal record that'd lead you ordinarily to persist with his injury record and off-field shenanigans, is it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:39 - Apr 18 with 1838 viewsMrTown

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:14 - Apr 18 by Garv

Agree he is the most natural goal scorer at the club, but it’s become habit where I watch him now and wonder when his body will break down and not if.

That will ultimately leave the question for Cook of whether he can trust Norwood to be his talisman for a whole season, the answer is probably no.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:45 - Apr 18 with 1824 viewsDyland

I'd keep Norwood and give him better conditioning support plus mentoring to give his head a wobble. I like his competitiveness but he needs to harness it better.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nolan? Hmmm Chambo/Skuse MUST go on 11:46 - Apr 18 with 1816 viewsunstableblue

Good post. Agree with most of it.

I like Chambo/Skuse but if you really think about it, they have presided over and allowed this culture of under achievement, inconsistency and lack of fight/energy - have to be cleared out completely

Is Cinderella Norwood?? Look if he is fit, feeling loved and supplied with chances he gets the goals to get us out of this league! So argument to keep.

Nolan has been part of the inconsistency problem, but I think cook rates him, and maybe he’ll drive him to some of the shrews form

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:49 - Apr 18 with 1790 viewstetchris

Sears?
Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 1765 viewsSE1blue

Keep or release amongst the squad on 11:49 - Apr 18 by tetchris

Sears?

Honestly, whatever happens with Sears, it’d be tough to distinguish between whether he’s stayed or left, even if he started every week.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Nolan? Hmmm Chambo/Skuse MUST go on 12:23 - Apr 18 with 1656 viewsTractorWood

Nolan? Hmmm Chambo/Skuse MUST go on 11:46 - Apr 18 by unstableblue

I like Chambo/Skuse but if you really think about it, they have presided over and allowed this culture of under achievement, inconsistency and lack of fight/energy - have to be cleared out completely

Is Cinderella Norwood?? Look if he is fit, feeling loved and supplied with chances he gets the goals to get us out of this league! So argument to keep.

Nolan has been part of the inconsistency problem, but I think cook rates him, and maybe he’ll drive him to some of the shrews form

Agree. It's harsh to say but Chambers and Skuse can't really stay.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Keep or release amongst the squad on 13:20 - Apr 18 with 1567 viewsBluefish

Keep or release amongst the squad on 09:51 - Apr 18 by Dubtractor

Mostly agree with that apart from Hawkins, I have no idea what it is you see in him.

I think I've seen him have one half decent game playing as a focal point in attack, but he doesn't score, he is slow, not strong in the air (considering his height), not that physically strong, etc etc. He offers less than Drinan IMO.

I added him at the end because completely forgot about him. He would have been released but presumably he is in contract so I thought we have to keep for spares. He is ok though if used properly

Nolan? Hmmm Chambo/Skuse MUST go on 13:22 - Apr 18 with 1564 viewsBluefish

Nolan? Hmmm Chambo/Skuse MUST go on 11:46 - Apr 18 by unstableblue

Cinderella is Jackson, never seen a player so afraid of the ball

Keep or release amongst the squad on 14:31 - Apr 18 with 1410 viewsjas0999

Keep or release amongst the squad on 09:51 - Apr 18 by Dubtractor

I agree.Hawkins is definitely in the not good enough category in my opinion. Not going to score anywhere near enough goals.
Keep or release amongst the squad on 14:39 - Apr 18 with 1386 viewspositivity

agree with most of that, but would keep edwards, and i think hawkins has a 2 year deal, so probably don't have a choice on him?

would definitely keep nsiala, maybe donacien, wilson if we thought his injuries are likely to clear up (he'll be cheap)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024