Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners 18:23 - Apr 18 with 2139 viewsdavblue

Well worth a watch.

Spurs are not a top club, so that’s just a power grab.

City, should remember where they came from in the new system it’s likely they wouldn’t be ever in that group of clubs.

Leicester wouldn’t have happened either.

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 18:25 - Apr 18 with 2094 viewspointofblue

I bet this is a political move because they want the Champions League revamp to be accepted tomorrow. It’s been put off once before because of tensions about how fair it is; this is the big clubs rattling their cage with a threat so they get what they want. It’ll probably work.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 18:26 - Apr 18 with 2071 viewsyesjohn99

Has he mentioned greed??

Major Bantz alert if so.
Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:51 - Apr 18 with 1756 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:57 - Apr 18 with 1719 viewsChrisd

GN is totally spot on with his assessment of the situation.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:59 - Apr 18 with 1706 viewsNthsuffolkblue

UEFA have made it fairly clear. Talk of no access to domestic competition and anyone who plays for the clubs involved to be unavailable for their international sides.

This has no mileage. It is (as Neville says) anti-competition. I could understand if the 6 sides had been the only ones to win all of the top competitions in the country for the past 2 decades and each of them had been permanently in the Champions League over that time. However, this is far from the case. There is no way this has mileage in my opinion. They need the Premier League as much as, if not more than, the Premier League needs them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Great from Gary... go in hard with these clubs on 21:01 - Apr 18 with 1682 viewsunstableblue

How can the shambles that is arsenal be breaking away into a guaranteed champions league

Revoke/reduce the parachute payments while they’re at it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 21:05 - Apr 18 with 1657 viewsCoco

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:59 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

UEFA have made it fairly clear. Talk of no access to domestic competition and anyone who plays for the clubs involved to be unavailable for their international sides.

This has no mileage. It is (as Neville says) anti-competition. I could understand if the 6 sides had been the only ones to win all of the top competitions in the country for the past 2 decades and each of them had been permanently in the Champions League over that time. However, this is far from the case. There is no way this has mileage in my opinion. They need the Premier League as much as, if not more than, the Premier League needs them.

The wealth clubs have bought no relegation and killed competition anyway. British sport, like industry sold its soul many moons ago for £$¥€. The modern ‘fan’ is either on another continent or such fanboy glory hunter that his only real enjoyment comes from bragging that ‘his’ team blew everyone else out of the water on transfer fees and wages.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 21:07 - Apr 18 with 1645 viewsBluespeed225

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:51 - Apr 18 by BryanPlug

We’ve won the Title more recently than them, a situation that is not going to change.
Login to get fewer ads

Bale on £35m a season; De Gea on 375k a week.....!!!! on 22:30 - Apr 18 with 1418 viewsunstableblue

Great from Gary... go in hard with these clubs on 21:01 - Apr 18 by unstableblue

How can the shambles that is arsenal be breaking away into a guaranteed champions league

Revoke/reduce the parachute payments while they’re at it

Most of Man City first team on £330k a week....

Football is eating itself; and now they want to move even more of the cream to the top

£100k a week cap across the premier league

Top CEOs running the largest businesses in the UK are on £175k a year!! And people have a paddy about that

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 06:52 - Apr 19 with 1112 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 20:51 - Apr 18 by BryanPlug

But they have a massive revenue. About 8th in Europe. None of this is directly based on sporting prowess/history.
Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 07:24 - Apr 19 with 1039 viewsCornishMariner

I have never been one to "hate" clubs but have now changed my mind. Six clubs that can go to the wall as far as I am concerned. I feel sorry for the real fans, the ones that followed city in League 1, for example. Here's to Leicester and West Ham keeping their top 4 places.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 09:20 - Apr 19 with 869 viewsEly_Blue

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 21:07 - Apr 18 by Bluespeed225

We’ve won the Title more recently than them, a situation that is not going to change.

Ah yes Spurs….. the team that came 3rd in a 2 horse race the season Leicester won the PL………..

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 09:28 - Apr 19 with 837 viewschicoazul

Lol at the enormous irony and crying fans of the “big six”.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Gary Neville going in hard on Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal owners on 09:35 - Apr 19 with 814 viewsElephantintheRoom

And lest we forget, Arsenal fans were very unhappy at guaranteed Champions League football every year under Wenger.

I think it is in the Times today, that the last time Spurs won the league, the farthing was legal tender. So long ago in fact that Ipswich hadn't won it.

The problems began when clubs and their supporters embraced foreign ownership - and players. A global league is now inevitable - and a european league already exists.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024