Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This new super league 10:11 - Apr 19 with 534 viewsBlueySwede

I haven´t followed the discussion about this league very closely.
Can someone explain to me how it would work? The top teams in the Premier League wouldn´t play in the Premier League?
What makes me angry is all this talk about the Big Six..So some teams would be invited to this Super League based on their names rather than their results? If that is the case then it is sickening. Leicester are currently 3rd, West Ham 4th. At this moment a club like Arsenal (in my opinion) are not bigger than them.
I am sick and tired of the unfair playing ground for football in general, and without knowing too much this super league is another bad step.
This new super league on 10:27 - Apr 19 with 481 viewsrickw

They wanted join this league instead of the Champions League/Europa League
However the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A have all said they'd expel any teams that join this, I think UEFA has also said they'd ban the players from any other UEFA tournament, not sure if FIFA have said the same yet

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

This new super league on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 469 viewsTractorCam

The Super League games will take place on midweek between domestic league matches. Like Rick says in his comment this will replace them taking part in the Champions League, the reason is that they will receive £250m just for turning up, which is much more than you get for the Champions League. Presumably the Champions League/ Europa League will patter out slowly.

This is why the Premier League/ Serie A etc need to take action on these teams. Declining teams like Arsenal and Spurs getting a huge cash injection to give them a massive advantage over Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Wolves etc who have recently rocked the boat. It's so tedious.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

This new super league on 10:43 - Apr 19 with 450 viewsrickw

I can't see it happening now.
FIFA have said they won't allow these players to play in International matches

I can see legal challenges on all sides here including the players saying without internationals and cup games their contracts should be null and void.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

This new super league on 10:46 - Apr 19 with 438 viewsWallingford_Boy

It clearly won't happen, but hopefully it triggers a big reset in the Prem league. The league is a complete shambles and badly needs to sort out the wealth, the salaries, the ownership, the tv rights, VAR, etc, etc.

If nothing else, maybe this will force that to happen?

May have been best if the top six did leave, then it would definitely happen.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024