Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys 14:14 - Apr 19 with 4579 viewshype313

They know that they won't get kicked out of the Pl as the the house of cards will then fall for the other clubs, the billions in global £ for the Premier league will be withdrawn, and worse £100s of £m in non payment of tv rights, so another ITV Digital scenario.

The gloabl audience won't be interested in Burnley v Brighton, the big 6 know this and know that this could be the death knell for many clubs in a post pandemic world.

Utter scum, good to see supporters clubs doing this.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:19 - Apr 19 with 2763 viewsWD19

Its just noise to mask the waiving through of the Champions League reforms........
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:20 - Apr 19 with 2762 viewsTractorCam

The Prem is finished regardless.

Kaveh from Sky Sports just raised the point how clubs will play weakened teams and prioritise the Super League. If you have Burnley sandwiched between Barcelona and Real Madrid, then the Prem becomes tinpot to them.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 2716 viewshype313

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:19 - Apr 19 by WD19

Its just noise to mask the waiving through of the Champions League reforms........

Then why did Andrea Agnelli resign from UEFA executive committee and as ECA chairman?

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:31 - Apr 19 with 2705 viewsjayessess

I'm not wholly convinced they're in as strong a position as they make out.
The finances of it only seem to work if all the participants are also allowed to continue participating in their domestic leagues. If they aren't then the whole thing falls apart.

The various footballing bodies are plenty rich enough to outlast the clubs involved and it won't take many founding clubs withdrawing to make the whole thing entirely unworkable.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 14:34]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 15:37 - Apr 19 with 2585 viewsJ2BLUE

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:20 - Apr 19 by TractorCam

The Prem is finished regardless.

Kaveh from Sky Sports just raised the point how clubs will play weakened teams and prioritise the Super League. If you have Burnley sandwiched between Barcelona and Real Madrid, then the Prem becomes tinpot to them.

Yes I don't think people understand what is happening here. These clubs will be so rich that they will have squads of about 40 to compete on all fronts. Players from the European clubs who are not included will join the super league clubs.

We really need them to go if they are going. I have zero interest in seeing their reserves battle for the Premier League while their best players play about twenty games a season in the super league.

The money in the Prem is going to drain away. Many seem to think the Prem will still generate the money it does now. They're in for a shock. A reset is fine if we don't allow their reserves in the league and we have a level playing field. It's not fine if they remain and use their vast wealth from the super league to dominate every competition.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 15:40 - Apr 19 with 2572 viewsbluelagos

Liverpool fans are as we speak removing their flags from the Kop. A small gesture but speaks volumes for the contempt they have for the proposals.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 15:48 - Apr 19 with 2540 viewsPinewoodblue

It is a form of Blackmail. The rest of the EPL will agree to any changes the big six want to save their biggest source of revenue. The EFL will also give into them and agree to any demands concerning the cup competitions and possible even allowing them to have B teams in the EFL.

How the fanbases feel is of no consequence to them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:01 - Apr 19 with 2493 viewsMookamoo

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 15:40 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Liverpool fans are as we speak removing their flags from the Kop. A small gesture but speaks volumes for the contempt they have for the proposals.

They have underestimated the importance of Liverpool / Everton relationship and the collective voice that will come from that city.
Login to get fewer ads

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:09 - Apr 19 with 2461 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Anyone who subscribes to Sky Sports (and why would you, Town are not on it) - is responsible for mess we now find ourselves in.

Sky Sports, kids in Real Madrid shirts, coloured boots, I am sick of the lot of it.
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:09 - Apr 19 with 2458 viewshype313

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 15:40 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Klopp's now said that if this goes through then he's off.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:17 - Apr 19 with 2407 viewsjayessess

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:09 - Apr 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

Anyone who subscribes to Sky Sports (and why would you, Town are not on it) - is responsible for mess we now find ourselves in.

Sky Sports, kids in Real Madrid shirts, coloured boots, I am sick of the lot of it.

One of these things is not like the other.

Kids in Real Madrid shirts and coloured boots are fine, Sky Sports isn't.

Not everything about modern football is terrible. Kids getting to understand the world through football is a wonderful thing. People liking a splash of colour, a zany haircut or a funny dance as a goal celebration is people enjoying life. The big broadcasters, investment banks and sports conglomerates colonising and commodifying our game until it's something utterly unrecognisable is different.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:22 - Apr 19 with 2379 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:17 - Apr 19 by jayessess

One of these things is not like the other.

Kids in Real Madrid shirts and coloured boots are fine, Sky Sports isn't.

Not everything about modern football is terrible. Kids getting to understand the world through football is a wonderful thing. People liking a splash of colour, a zany haircut or a funny dance as a goal celebration is people enjoying life. The big broadcasters, investment banks and sports conglomerates colonising and commodifying our game until it's something utterly unrecognisable is different.

Maybe for you, not for me.

My kids wear Town shirts or they don't wear football shirts at all. The don't support Real Madrid and are not Spanish, so why would you encourage that? Maybe its just me.

As for zany haircuts and yellow boots, no thanks. Unless you are Messi, you ain't getting away with that on my watch.
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:33 - Apr 19 with 2316 viewsjayessess

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:22 - Apr 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

My kids wear Town shirts or they don't wear football shirts at all. The don't support Real Madrid and are not Spanish, so why would you encourage that? Maybe its just me.

As for zany haircuts and yellow boots, no thanks. Unless you are Messi, you ain't getting away with that on my watch.

The world's a big place, there's space for people enjoy different colours, haircuts and even things from other countries. Can't begin to imagine why it would bother me?

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:35 - Apr 19 with 2310 viewsOsborneOneNil

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:22 - Apr 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

My boys wear Town shirts, but they also have a Barca shirt as they adore Messi.

Pretty sure that's ok.
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:37 - Apr 19 with 2292 viewsBLUEGOLD

Let them play in their ESL.

They are not allowed to join a competition not sanctioned by the Premier League.

They can't play in the English pyramid, or the FA Cup or the Champions League / Europa League.

Their players cannot represent their countries either.

Does Harry Kane really want to do that???

As for one of the 6 clubs involved, what do Ipswich, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Everton, Leeds, Blackburn & Leicester have in common?
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:38 - Apr 19 with 2288 viewshype313

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:37 - Apr 19 by BLUEGOLD

They are not allowed to join a competition not sanctioned by the Premier League.

They can't play in the English pyramid, or the FA Cup or the Champions League / Europa League.

As for one of the 6 clubs involved, what do Ipswich, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Everton, Leeds, Blackburn & Leicester have in common?

Oliver Dowden just pressed the nuclear button by saying Visa's could be stripped.

That's one sure fire way of killing this idea.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:41 - Apr 19 with 2277 viewsGuthrum

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:31 - Apr 19 by jayessess

I'm not wholly convinced they're in as strong a position as they make out.
The finances of it only seem to work if all the participants are also allowed to continue participating in their domestic leagues. If they aren't then the whole thing falls apart.

The various footballing bodies are plenty rich enough to outlast the clubs involved and it won't take many founding clubs withdrawing to make the whole thing entirely unworkable.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 14:34]

I have a feeling the clubs involved have overreached themselves and were not expecting this strength of reaction.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:43 - Apr 19 with 2261 viewsZXBlue

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:41 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

I have a feeling the clubs involved have overreached themselves and were not expecting this strength of reaction.

I think the opposite. They knew full well, and have already tooled up the necessary legal applications to protect themselves.
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:44 - Apr 19 with 2253 viewsBLUEGOLD

Well, they must be totally bonkers.

The only way to persuade clubs that this was a good idea was to have offered a huge lump of money to the EFL & other PL clubs
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:49 - Apr 19 with 2216 viewshype313

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:43 - Apr 19 by ZXBlue

I think the opposite. They knew full well, and have already tooled up the necessary legal applications to protect themselves.

Yep, they would have factored the anger into the equation, the problem they have is that the anger is fierce, and what they thought would be a few days of ire, then it would all die down.

Clearly that won't be the case.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:52 - Apr 19 with 2191 viewsjayessess

Imagine fan pressure forces Liverpool and Man City out. At that point you're looking at a league with just 4 clubs with a significant global following (Man U, Barca, Juve, Real Madrid), then 6 clubs who few outside their own country care about (Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Atleti, Inter and Milan), then fully 10 makeweights. That's not a licence to print money, that's nothing.

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:52 - Apr 19 with 2190 viewsnorfsufblue

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:37 - Apr 19 by BLUEGOLD

They've all won the league more recently than Spurs?
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:53 - Apr 19 with 2186 viewsgiant_stow

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:49 - Apr 19 by hype313

Yep, they would have factored the anger into the equation, the problem they have is that the anger is fierce, and what they thought would be a few days of ire, then it would all die down.

Clearly that won't be the case.

Ultimately, they're outnumbered and outgunned, especially with govt getting involved. I think they've underestimated how much they need the lower clubs to make 'their product' interesting too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:54 - Apr 19 with 2181 viewsBLUEGOLD

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:52 - Apr 19 by norfsufblue

They've all won the league more recently than Spurs?

Exactly that
The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 2171 viewsPinewoodblue

The big 6 have all of us by the short and curleys on 14:26 - Apr 19 by hype313

Then why did Andrea Agnelli resign from UEFA executive committee and as ECA chairman?

Days after they all voted for the champions league changes.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024