Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions 17:23 - Apr 19 with 2525 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm sure it won't happen, but nice to see the threat out there
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:25 - Apr 19 with 2386 viewsJ2BLUE

We are used to seeing threats against the top sides come to nothing but i'm not so sure with this. It's too big. UEFA and the leagues have little choice but to throw the first punch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:37 - Apr 19 with 2327 viewschicoazul

Pretty funny seeing so many people defending/encouraging UEFA on here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:41 - Apr 19 with 2326 viewsWD19

I’m not sure how I feel about this. It feels like an emotional reaction to chuck them out preemptively. I think I would rather they wait until something (physical) is actually done by the breakaway clubs before introducing sanctions.

Looking forward to Marcus Rashfords thoughts on the topic.....
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:46 - Apr 19 with 2296 viewsMrTown

As stated yesterday, one things threatening, another thing acting.

Did wonder whether this would be the case though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:48 - Apr 19 with 2286 viewsm14_blue

Players potentially all out of the euros too?
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:49 - Apr 19 with 2282 viewsFoD_Blue

A couple of well placed suitcases of cash within UEFA and they will soon be trying to convince us that it is in the best interests of European football.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:53 - Apr 19 with 2241 viewspointofblue

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 19:49 - Apr 19 by FoD_Blue

A couple of well placed suitcases of cash within UEFA and they will soon be trying to convince us that it is in the best interests of European football.

I fear that as well. If UEFA are given a slice of the pie then it’ll all be fine again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 2213 viewsbackinbeige

Barry Glendenning on today’s Football Weekly podcast and citing the lucrative/franchise model of a closed competition like the MLS, NFL or Indian Premier League:

“It puts paid to the notion that these billionaire American owners care about the clubs they’re in charge of or the fans of these clubs. In a way it’s a welcome reality check for the fans of Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and so on. Stan Kroenke does not care about Arsenal fans. Joel Glazer does not care about Manchester United fans. Fans must know, but they must delude themselves into thinking that this is the same old Arsenal, this is the same old Manchester United, representing the club’s original values. They’re not, they’re [now] different clubs.”

I am delighted with our new owners and it is only fair I judge our new owners on what they have done so far, rather than judge them on what they might but haven’t yet done. I am very supportive of the change of ownership, Marcus was regressing us and our new owners are saying and doing the right things.

I just really hope we have got the one set of owners who follow pension-fund-backed-investment-consortium-following-the-American-sports-franchise-model who will support our ascendancy to the Premier League title...
...But then vote against making more money for their investors (their whole reason for being) when the European Super League is suggested again in 2026/27.

Is this probable?
Are we/our new owners likely to be just as bad?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 23:07]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Login to get fewer ads

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:08 - Apr 19 with 2170 viewsHARRY10

It is as sign of how US owners regard sport. as over there it is little more than a means to screw every last cent out of the gullible who buy into the delusion that guff like the NFL is sport.

There, the sponsors have almost complete control and what is delivered up is not much different to wrestling. A staged costume drama.

It won't work over here, nor in Europe. The almost instant backlash from so many different quarters should demonstrate that.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:11 - Apr 19 with 2154 viewsJ2BLUE

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:08 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

It is as sign of how US owners regard sport. as over there it is little more than a means to screw every last cent out of the gullible who buy into the delusion that guff like the NFL is sport.

There, the sponsors have almost complete control and what is delivered up is not much different to wrestling. A staged costume drama.

It won't work over here, nor in Europe. The almost instant backlash from so many different quarters should demonstrate that.

Don't talk such nonsense about the NFL.

Yes it's a different model and they should keep out of proper football but NFL is every bit a sport and your comments are ridiculous.

Truly impaired.

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:15 - Apr 19 with 2088 viewsistanblue

Won't happen. The ESL have already got legal challenges ready to block any sanction that UEFA or FIFA throw at them. The best that could happen would be a temporary suspension of the competition whilst it goes through the courts.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 2055 viewsIpswichKnight

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:08 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

That is simply one of the stupidest things written here and it’s a low low bar to suggest the NFL is equivalent to WWE is staggeringly stupid.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:02 - Apr 19 with 1953 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:19 - Apr 19 by IpswichKnight

That is simply one of the stupidest things written here and it’s a low low bar to suggest the NFL is equivalent to WWE is staggeringly stupid.

I would agree but this is HARRY10 we’re talking about here

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:11 - Apr 19 with 1905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Imagine if Norwich get promoted to the Premier League and we stay in League 1 but those 6 clubs get a double relegation?

We get to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool while they get Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Watford, etc.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:12 - Apr 19 with 1894 viewsJ2BLUE

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:11 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Imagine if Norwich get promoted to the Premier League and we stay in League 1 but those 6 clubs get a double relegation?

We get to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool while they get Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Watford, etc.

Yea we'd 'get' to play them in league one and have no chance of promotion for two seasons...

Truly impaired.

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:18 - Apr 19 with 1851 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:12 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Yea we'd 'get' to play them in league one and have no chance of promotion for two seasons...

Every silver lining has a cloud.

We would no longer have the highest paid squad though so wouldn't be the biggest underachievers.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 1851 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:11 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ignoring the ridiculousness of the suggestion, that scenario would all but eliminate our chances of promotion whilst allowing Norwich a real chance to establish a foothold in the PL. Hell, if they got it really right they could even find themselves challenging the CL spots

Not sure you’ve thought that one through?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 21:31 - Apr 19 with 1791 viewsWD19

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:15 - Apr 19 by istanblue

Won't happen. The ESL have already got legal challenges ready to block any sanction that UEFA or FIFA throw at them. The best that could happen would be a temporary suspension of the competition whilst it goes through the courts.

Legal stuff can work both ways.

Wait until Harry Kane claims breach of contract and walks out on Spurs for nothing because their actions risk curtailing his international career.

It’s going nowhere.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 22:07 - Apr 19 with 1690 viewsbrazil1982

Give it one season and the ESL will be playing matches round the world.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 22:44 - Apr 19 with 1602 viewsSpruceMoose

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 20:11 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Don't talk such nonsense about the NFL.

Yes it's a different model and they should keep out of proper football but NFL is every bit a sport and your comments are ridiculous.

Probably not entirely inaccurate to describe NFL as sports entertainment to be fair.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 22:56]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 23:15 - Apr 19 with 1528 viewsbackinbeige

If the ‘Big Six’ are kicked out of the Premier League...

The FA (still smarting from losing their power when the Premier League was formed) will probably invite them back into the Football League...

So the glamour teams in the Premier League will become Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton, etc and viewing figures will drop...

Which might mean the remaining 14 would want to also rejoin the Big Six in the Football League to continue to gain the revenue from being in the same league as them...

Meaning the Premier League will have no teams and thus collapse. The creation of the European Super League and desire for more money destroyed the very thing that is making them rich.

The fable of the scorpion stinging the frog that is carrying it across the river is being bandied about at the moment.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 23:17]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 23:17 - Apr 19 with 1519 viewsrkc123

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 22:07 - Apr 19 by brazil1982

Give it one season and the ESL will be playing matches round the world.

I think that is the way it would go. Plus as I heard pointed out elsewhere, would a European Super League really want 3 clubs clustered in a small area of the north west of England? Especially given how accepted relocation of franchises is in the US I would expect that idea to get some serious traction after not too long if everything was to go ahead as being put forward at the moment.
ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 11:44 - Apr 20 with 1257 viewsbackinbeige

ESL clubs could be kicked out of this season's UEFA competitions on 23:17 - Apr 19 by rkc123

I think that is the way it would go. Plus as I heard pointed out elsewhere, would a European Super League really want 3 clubs clustered in a small area of the north west of England? Especially given how accepted relocation of franchises is in the US I would expect that idea to get some serious traction after not too long if everything was to go ahead as being put forward at the moment.

I agree - they might want a couple near each other to create a rivalry but ideally they would want more clubs spread out across the larger population areas to help spread the game (and make more money).

Within the US it's commonplace to move teams around. That's less likely to happen within European football - it's more ingrained that a football club is linked to a place - but it's entirely feasible that clubs will want to play some of their 'home' games in New York / Rio / Shanghai on tour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024