Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 21:00 - Apr 19 with 3147 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 21:30 - Apr 19 with 2160 viewsmonytowbray

Thought he loved free speech?!

The Smiths were always sh1t. Listen to The Cure.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 22:19 - Apr 19 with 2088 viewsCoastalblue

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 21:30 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

Been backstage with The Cure more than once , very much a cup of tean kind of party.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 22:28 - Apr 19 with 2078 viewsMullet

In fairness Katsis has said that the quotes he wrote have been attributed to Morrissey by pitchfork and others, and were his alone on the Facebook page. Which is weird, but not helped when the headlines don’t match the articles which have attributed them to him.

It’s all very odd given the man Morrissey has become and the version known and beloved from his Smiths fame would have probably loved it or at least been bemused.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 22:39 - Apr 19 with 2028 viewsHARRY10

He doesn't half look like Rudolf Hess
Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 01:05 - Apr 20 with 1922 viewsBlueBadger

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 21:30 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

Morrissey is the soppy indie boys' version of Phil Anselmo from Pantera - a genuinely charismatic trailblazer in his day who's now reduced to being a fat old nazi desperately trying to stay relevant
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 11:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 02:38 - Apr 20 with 1878 viewsSpruceMoose

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 01:05 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

Morrissey is the soppy indie boys' version of Phil Anselmo from Pantera - a genuinely charismatic trailblazer in his day who's now reduced to being a fat old nazi desperately trying to stay relevant
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 11:12]

Dollers didn't like that one!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 08:44 - Apr 20 with 1619 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 02:38 - Apr 20 by SpruceMoose

Dollers didn't like that one!

Why do you feel the need to point it out?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 09:02 - Apr 20 with 1585 viewsHerbivore

What a cock end.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 11:17 - Apr 20 with 1493 viewsBlueBadger

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 08:44 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why do you feel the need to point it out?

You don't have to keep defending fat old nazis who are fading into irrelevance because they meant something you when you were 18 Dollers.

Pantera were MASSIVE for me when I was a lad but now....
I can't and won't defend Phil Anselmo's bullocks and he craps on his legacy by doing all this nazi nonsense.

To coin a phrase, f**k Phil and Morrissey and f**k people who still support Phil and Morrissey.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 11:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:20 - Apr 20 with 1476 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 11:17 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

You don't have to keep defending fat old nazis who are fading into irrelevance because they meant something you when you were 18 Dollers.

Pantera were MASSIVE for me when I was a lad but now....
I can't and won't defend Phil Anselmo's bullocks and he craps on his legacy by doing all this nazi nonsense.

To coin a phrase, f**k Phil and Morrissey and f**k people who still support Phil and Morrissey.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 11:30]

Bit rude.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 1453 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:43 - Apr 20 with 1437 viewsBLUEBEAT

The Simpsons has been irrelevant for years (I didn’t know it was still in production, tbf).

But they are bang on point here.

Morrissey is a massive ignorant racist.

Poll: W or W

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:44 - Apr 20 with 1430 viewsDanTheMan

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:35 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

SB

That's very good.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 1332 viewseireblue

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:43 - Apr 20 by BLUEBEAT

The Simpsons has been irrelevant for years (I didn’t know it was still in production, tbf).

But they are bang on point here.

Morrissey is a massive ignorant racist.

Are cartoons ever relevant?

Was Hong Kong Phooey really a commentary on the mild mannered janitorial diaspora, was Danger Mouse more off its time than James Bond, was Rhubarb and Custard only relevant to a previous generation of co-habiting cats and dogs, that no longer helps with modern day issues such as that which artsbossbeard is facing.

Mildly bored people possibly want to know.
Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 15:39 - Apr 20 with 1287 viewsLord_Lucan

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 11:35 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Cumberbatch was the Simpsons voice of Morrissey

Or has this already been discussed.

Edit; Ignore me as I have just opened the clip.

Nothing to see!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 15:52]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:12 - Apr 20 with 1223 viewsHARRY10

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 15:39 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Cumberbatch was the Simpsons voice of Morrissey

Or has this already been discussed.

Edit; Ignore me as I have just opened the clip.

Nothing to see!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 15:52]

Morrissey was never more that a pretentious twt whining out self pitying shi,te to middle class cretins with first world problems - that focussed on how life could sometimes be a bit unfair to their delicate little souls
Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:22 - Apr 20 with 1217 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:12 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

Morrissey was never more that a pretentious twt whining out self pitying shi,te to middle class cretins with first world problems - that focussed on how life could sometimes be a bit unfair to their delicate little souls

Whilst he did speak to those you mention, he also spoke to a disaffected youth (particularly in the north). Of their time, The Smiths were brilliant. Morrissey wasn't just self pitying - he literally came from a poor background... but there is also a lot of dark humour and pathos in his lyrics. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now is deliberate satire.

People who don't get it... don't get it.

I didn't at first. I actually got The Smiths after they'd disbanded. If you properly listen (which a lot of lazy critics don't do) your realise it was more than 6th form poetry. That's why they were so big, and why they endure.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:25 - Apr 20 with 1211 viewsfooters

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:22 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst he did speak to those you mention, he also spoke to a disaffected youth (particularly in the north). Of their time, The Smiths were brilliant. Morrissey wasn't just self pitying - he literally came from a poor background... but there is also a lot of dark humour and pathos in his lyrics. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now is deliberate satire.

I didn't at first. I actually got The Smiths after they'd disbanded. If you properly listen (which a lot of lazy critics don't do) your realise it was more than 6th form poetry. That's why they were so big, and why they endure.

As people well know, I like Mozza and The Smiths a whole lot, but once again you're accusing other people of being lazy or not listening 'properly' because they disagree with you about something subjective.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 1201 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:25 - Apr 20 by footers

As people well know, I like Mozza and The Smiths a whole lot, but once again you're accusing other people of being lazy or not listening 'properly' because they disagree with you about something subjective.

No, I haven't.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:34 - Apr 20 with 1190 viewsStokieBlue

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:22 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Do you apply this same level of deep-analysis to his more recent words?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racist� on 16:35 - Apr 20 with 1185 viewsBLUEBEAT

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 14:56 - Apr 20 by eireblue

Are cartoons ever relevant?

Was Hong Kong Phooey really a commentary on the mild mannered janitorial diaspora, was Danger Mouse more off its time than James Bond, was Rhubarb and Custard only relevant to a previous generation of co-habiting cats and dogs, that no longer helps with modern day issues such as that which artsbossbeard is facing.

Mildly bored people possibly want to know.

Relevant to the fact that most of us used to watch it but no longer do.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 16:36]

Poll: W or W

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:41 - Apr 20 with 1171 viewsHerbivore

What's to get? Either you like their music or you don't. I've never been a fan, I find his voice massively annoying and the majority of their songs just a bit meh. There's a few I don't mind but it's not for me on the whole, and I don't think that's down to me "not getting" them, it's down to me finding their music not very enjoyable to my ears for the most part.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:47 - Apr 20 with 1163 viewsHARRY10

He might have spoken to them. but most weren't listening to him.

Without trying to sound 'prolier than thou' I came from a pretty impoverished background and dont know anyone from a similar background who has any connection to his endless whining.

Yes life was pretty unfair, every race our lot started on sports day seemed to be 10 yards or more behind the rest. You learned to just get on with it, rather than spouting supposedly 'witty' eulogies to a doomed youth

And no, I don't 'get it' any more than I get spiritualism, Tracey Emin or Miranda supposedly being funny - and none of those are for the want of trying. So don't tell me it is my fault.
Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 17:08 - Apr 20 with 1122 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 16:34 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

Do you apply this same level of deep-analysis to his more recent words?

SB

Not really, no.

If you're talking about the music, I haven't listened to much of the more recent stuff if I'm honest.

I know the Chinese thing was down to his extreme views on animal welfare rather than racism, but I'm not into rows these days so I don't want to go further than that. If some of you want to think he's a silly old sausage these days I'd agree to a certain extent, but a he's still a genius to my mind. The idea that the lead screamer of Deep Heat thinks The Smiths were sh!t just makes me smile. Most of the people who slag Morrissey off haven't done a 10th of what he has with their lives.

Fairy nuff, each to their own. I'm sure he worries far less than those who worry about him. What I find weird is he's not a politician, so why do people even care that much? I always find it odd how people get so upset by celebrities. See also Coldplay. The grief they get on TWTD baffles me. I really have no opinion on Coldplay. The anger with anyone remotely successful says more about the angry person.

I see, also, someone posting that smoking dope in your garden is the act of a loser. Someone posting that on a football forum without a hint of irony.

People are different. If they're not affecting your life don't worry about it.

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 17:12 - Apr 20 with 1109 viewsHerbivore

Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons amid claims parody is ‘hurtful and racistï on 17:08 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not really, no.

If you're talking about the music, I haven't listened to much of the more recent stuff if I'm honest.

I know the Chinese thing was down to his extreme views on animal welfare rather than racism, but I'm not into rows these days so I don't want to go further than that. If some of you want to think he's a silly old sausage these days I'd agree to a certain extent, but a he's still a genius to my mind. The idea that the lead screamer of Deep Heat thinks The Smiths were sh!t just makes me smile. Most of the people who slag Morrissey off haven't done a 10th of what he has with their lives.

Fairy nuff, each to their own. I'm sure he worries far less than those who worry about him. What I find weird is he's not a politician, so why do people even care that much? I always find it odd how people get so upset by celebrities. See also Coldplay. The grief they get on TWTD baffles me. I really have no opinion on Coldplay. The anger with anyone remotely successful says more about the angry person.

I see, also, someone posting that smoking dope in your garden is the act of a loser. Someone posting that on a football forum without a hint of irony.

People are different. If they're not affecting your life don't worry about it.

Do you honestly think people think Morrissey is a jeb-end because he's successful? That's really not why, mate. Why do people care? Maybe because they think those with a platform shouldn't use it to spread hate and bile, and if they do they should get called out on it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024