Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cracks already appearing 08:51 - Apr 20 with 6679 viewshype313

Wouldn't surprise me if it was City and Chelsea

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cracks already appearing on 08:55 - Apr 20 with 3696 viewsGlasgowBlue

As Neville said last night, City don’t need the money so they would be one of the first to pull the plug.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cracks already appearing on 08:56 - Apr 20 with 3664 viewsDanTheMan

I think they were expecting a bad reaction, I don't think they expected it be vitriolic as it was.

I've seen almost nobody positive about it. The closest I've seen was Roberto Carlos and he works for Real Madrid so that's not even a very good example.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Cracks already appearing on 09:03 - Apr 20 with 3568 viewsbluelagos

Cracks already appearing on 08:56 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

I think they were expecting a bad reaction, I don't think they expected it be vitriolic as it was.

I've seen almost nobody positive about it. The closest I've seen was Roberto Carlos and he works for Real Madrid so that's not even a very good example.

Saw a couple of polls that suggested around 10-15% of respondents in favour. Amazed me as I've not heard one positive comment.

The worry here is that the threats / sanctions could see them walk and set up a full time ESL - 20 clubs similar to the EPL. Throw in them having overseas matches like the NFL do - they could even move say Man U to Thailand or wherever.

The proportion of their income coming from match day attendances is at it's lowest. And if they buggger off to Asia why would that even drop. And it is the Asian markets that could generate huge revenues that could dwarf the current UK income.

These owners know this and people like the Glaziers have only 1 agenda, to make as much money as they can. There is nil emotional tie to the clubs.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Cracks already appearing on 09:04 - Apr 20 with 3558 viewsTieDyedIn95

Especially now the international players will be barred from the World Cup and Euro's, which is worth a lot of money to their players in terms of their transfer pull, wages, sponsorships and so on... I think they will fold like a pack of cards. Those players could join big clubs elsewhere and still play international and rake in that kind of money.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Cracks already appearing on 09:04 - Apr 20 with 3563 viewsSteve_M

Here's one:

I'm shocked that Shipman's approach to sport seems to be very similar to his approach to politics.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cracks already appearing on 09:06 - Apr 20 with 3499 viewsStokieBlue

It's too late though isn't it?

They made the decision and went with it, saying sorry afterwards and expecting things to be as they were has never been an acceptable thing to do.

I think it'll take them a while to recover from this even if they pull the plug now, they literally said the fans don't matter.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cracks already appearing on 09:18 - Apr 20 with 3372 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Agree... they knew it would be negative but I don't think they thought it would be this bad esp among their 8wn fans.

Ban any player who plays from all internationals and all other domestic competitions for life.

Same for managers.

Relegate all teams involved to the lowest tier of non league football in their respective county.

Introduce an ESL revenue tax for all clubs involved at 75% of all revenue involved.

Expunge all previous titles, cups etc.

Thats just of the top of my head.

Seen Perez trying to sell it today, the man is deluded. Love to see some banks call in some loans after this.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Cracks already appearing on 09:19 - Apr 20 with 3351 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe the talk of banning those clubs from the Europe by Friday has made man City stop and think? Everyone knows they're desperate to win that and if their heart wasn't in it to start with..?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Cracks already appearing on 09:25 - Apr 20 with 3289 viewsfooters

Cracks already appearing on 09:04 - Apr 20 by Steve_M

Here's one:

I'm shocked that Shipman's approach to sport seems to be very similar to his approach to politics.

Is... is he joking? I really can't tell these days :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cracks already appearing on 09:26 - Apr 20 with 3268 viewsitfcjoe

Here's one:

Have you read some of his responses too, what a cretin

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cracks already appearing on 09:30 - Apr 20 with 3212 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cracks already appearing on 09:06 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

They made the decision and went with it, saying sorry afterwards and expecting things to be as they were has never been an acceptable thing to do.

I think it'll take them a while to recover from this even if they pull the plug now, they literally said the fans don't matter.

SB

More accurately, they're saying the fans of their respective countries don't matter....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cracks already appearing on 09:32 - Apr 20 with 3181 viewsStokieBlue

Cracks already appearing on 09:30 - Apr 20 by Ewan_Oozami

More accurately, they're saying the fans of their respective countries don't matter....

That's even worse isn't it?

Some fans matter more than others it's getting pretty close to something that would get a politician in an awful lot of trouble.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cracks already appearing on 09:35 - Apr 20 with 3158 viewsJakeITFC

Cracks already appearing on 09:25 - Apr 20 by footers

Is... is he joking? I really can't tell these days :)

Cracks already appearing on 09:38 - Apr 20 with 3135 viewsgiant_stow

SB

Personally, I think they have a small window this week to backtrack, as long as they grovel enough and talk of fan reaction changing their minds. If they dig in, then its over.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cracks already appearing on 09:43 - Apr 20 with 3051 viewsbluelagos

Cracks already appearing on 09:30 - Apr 20 by Ewan_Oozami

When they can make more money from fans in Asia than in the UK, why would they give a flying fck? These are people who have bought football clubs to make as much money as possible, end of.

We are no more than cash cows and they have worked out there are other fans with deeper wallets (Collectively if not individually)

The clubs have been doing this for 30 years. When the price of a ST at clubs like Arsenal is around £1k it's hardly the working mans game is it. The clubs went after gentrified fans when it suited. Same principal now, to maximise the income/wealth of clubs with little regards for the mugs who have been paying to watch them.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 9:46]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Cracks already appearing on 09:45 - Apr 20 with 3019 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Guardian reporting that Man City and Chelsea were the last to jump on with it all.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Cracks already appearing on 09:55 - Apr 20 with 2919 viewsRadioOrwell

29 years of the PL and however many years of the Champions League have made people numb to the fact that football died from greed years ago.

And Sky pundits whining like babies - about money in football.
And a Champions League where you don't need to be a Champion to win it.

I couldn't care less if the ESL happens.
Cracks already appearing on 09:55 - Apr 20 with 2912 viewsEly_Blue

SB

Kick them out of the PL now, they’ve made their positions clear, if they want back in then they have to re apply for league status at the bottom of the pyramid

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cracks already appearing on 09:55 - Apr 20 with 2909 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cracks already appearing on 09:43 - Apr 20 by bluelagos

When they can make more money from fans in Asia than in the UK, why would they give a flying fck? These are people who have bought football clubs to make as much money as possible, end of.

We are no more than cash cows and they have worked out there are other fans with deeper wallets (Collectively if not individually)

The clubs have been doing this for 30 years. When the price of a ST at clubs like Arsenal is around £1k it's hardly the working mans game is it. The clubs went after gentrified fans when it suited. Same principal now, to maximise the income/wealth of clubs with little regards for the mugs who have been paying to watch them.

If that does happen then I suspect some new supporter-based clubs will appear, similar to FC United and AFC Wimbledon...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cracks already appearing on 09:56 - Apr 20 with 2893 viewsZXBlue

Cracks already appearing on 09:45 - Apr 20 by JammyDodgerrr

Guardian reporting that Man City and Chelsea were the last to jump on with it all.

Even if they do backtrack, which I doubt, they will use it as leverage to push the new CL format even closer to the closed shop it is edging towards.
Cracks already appearing on 09:56 - Apr 20 with 2888 viewsJ2BLUE

Cracks already appearing on 09:55 - Apr 20 by RadioOrwell

29 years of the PL and however many years of the Champions League have made people numb to the fact that football died from greed years ago.

And Sky pundits whining like babies - about money in football.
And a Champions League where you don't need to be a Champion to win it.

I couldn't care less if the ESL happens.

Judging by your avatar you're trying to convince yourself there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cracks already appearing on 09:57 - Apr 20 with 2887 viewsElderGrizzly

They reported yesterday, City and Chelsea were against it anyway, but felt they couldn't afford to be on the outside.

Once it becomes clear they can't participate in their domestic leagues, this will all tumble down.
Cracks already appearing on 09:57 - Apr 20 with 2883 viewsSwansea_Blue

Here's one:

I've never understood how people can form links with teams if they (presumably) don't watch their games. How can build the shared experience and memories? I'm assuming here of course that he didn't travel every other week to Liverpool when he was growing up in Lincs. Maybe he did though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cracks already appearing on 09:59 - Apr 20 with 2867 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cracks already appearing on 09:57 - Apr 20 by ElderGrizzly

They reported yesterday, City and Chelsea were against it anyway, but felt they couldn't afford to be on the outside.

Once it becomes clear they can't participate in their domestic leagues, this will all tumble down.

Yep. I'm not sure how they thought they could carry on in the PL and cherry pick how they engaged with domestic football. Very naive.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cracks already appearing on 10:01 - Apr 20 with 2832 viewsElderGrizzly

Cracks already appearing on 09:43 - Apr 20 by bluelagos

Gary Neville gave a really overly simple example yesterday.

Man Utd have 150 million global fans. If they got just a £1 for each game, that is £150m every Super League game. Even cut it in half that's £75m.

They get about £5m a game in the PL. They want to control their own broadcast rights.

You can see why their owners want it, but it is still the wrong thing for football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024