Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? 08:58 - Apr 20 with 5676 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

Please be realistic with your suggestions!

For me it has to be Joe Pigott from AFC Wimbledon. Out of contract at the end of the season, great recent playing/scoring record. Sure there will be Championship interest in him and it would be a real sign of intent if we get him in.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:28 - Apr 20 with 2333 viewschrismakin

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:18 - Apr 20 by ElderGrizzly

I can't see Rhodes or Wickham going from £50k a week contracts to our level.

I'm sure there are a few stepping stones in between for them yet before they fall to L1

Itll be interesting who we do go for.

The talk around town is we are going big... what is classed as big and still realistic?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:57 - Apr 20 with 2254 viewsElderGrizzly

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:28 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

Itll be interesting who we do go for.

The talk around town is we are going big... what is classed as big and still realistic?

Now the wage cap has gone, paying £10k a week in this league would be 'big' and realistic.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:01 - Apr 20 with 2252 viewsColin_Viljoen

Martyn Waghorn for me!
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:09 - Apr 20 with 2225 viewsBlueBadger

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:23 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

I'm disregarding him on a combination of fitness, him not being very good, and him being a jeb-end.

Be nice here. He still thinks it was nothing to do with Lambert that the players are disinterested and rubbish and Lambert only left because of all the bullies on TWTD and not the two mid-table third division places.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:14 - Apr 20 with 2200 viewshatch

Nahki Wells? - Probably falling away in scoring prowess now and not what he used to be though.

Sam Vokes - possibly getting on a bit too

Fejiri Okenabirhie from Doncaster?

It's tough isn't it - need someone entering their prime, which usually comes at a cost and from our level rather than the Championship.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:18 - Apr 20 with 2175 viewsArnieM

This is the thing though isn't it . Is Cook now building a Championship side ( can he get that calibre of player to agree to join a Club currently in League One?)..or is he building a team for the short term of getting out of league one , but then those players not be part of the next phase ( I which case why would they join the Club)

Not easy is it ...

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:26 - Apr 20 with 2165 viewsGarv

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 10:23 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

I'm disregarding him on a combination of fitness, him not being very good, and him being a jeb-end.

Fair enough. On the football side of the argument, considering he's performed a lot better than any other striker on the books, I'd say it would be dangerous to get rid, unless we're confident of recruiting 2+ strikers guaranteed to score goals.

The only thing I'd say to counter the other side is that if we disregarded any footballer who showed any sign of being a jeb-end we might not have many left.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:27 - Apr 20 with 2156 viewshatch

Just a thought - isn't League 2's top scorer, Paul Mullin, best mates with Norwood?

They could move in together and start up top together - dream partnership? He's only 26 and in the form of his life
Login to get fewer ads

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:28 - Apr 20 with 2155 viewsGeoffSentence

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 09:01 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

Think bigger.

You mean Akinfenwa?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:28 - Apr 20 with 2155 viewsBlueBadger

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:26 - Apr 20 by Garv

Fair enough. On the football side of the argument, considering he's performed a lot better than any other striker on the books, I'd say it would be dangerous to get rid, unless we're confident of recruiting 2+ strikers guaranteed to score goals.

The only thing I'd say to counter the other side is that if we disregarded any footballer who showed any sign of being a jeb-end we might not have many left.

I fear it says more about the quality of the rest of our forwards than Norwood's quality that they're being outperformed by a fat fourth-division player.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:30 - Apr 20 with 2148 viewsSteve_M

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:28 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

I fear it says more about the quality of the rest of our forwards than Norwood's quality that they're being outperformed by a fat fourth-division player.

No, Norwood is good enough for this level. Scoring around one goal in three for a side that creates next to nothing is decent, he didn't even play much when we were actually fairly good for the first six weeks of the season. He misses a lot of chances but that's to be expected at this level.

The questions about his fitness and attitude are another matter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:31 - Apr 20 with 2146 viewsitfcpaul

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:18 - Apr 20 by ArnieM

This is the thing though isn't it . Is Cook now building a Championship side ( can he get that calibre of player to agree to join a Club currently in League One?)..or is he building a team for the short term of getting out of league one , but then those players not be part of the next phase ( I which case why would they join the Club)

Not easy is it ...

I think it will be a Championship striker willing to leave somewhere for the huge ride we are going on, surely many will see that a short term stint in Div 1, well paid, run in our team would be better than someone in the Championship treading water, who like, I have no idea, but think it would need to be someone young enough to be a long term fix, Brennan Johnson would be ideal, in my opinion, or even someone more experienced like Troy Deeney yes extremely far fetched but if they don't go up themselves?? think big

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:36 - Apr 20 with 2124 viewsWestover

Holy he's young tall and he has to be better at the other end of the pitch😉
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:39 - Apr 20 with 2114 viewsHerbivore

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:26 - Apr 20 by Garv

Saying he's been our best striker isn't much of an argument though given how toothless we've been up front. What is he on now, 18 or 19 goals in 2 seasons? That's not the kind of return to get a stiffy over really, even taking account of him missing some time through injury. He's 30 now as well so he's not going to improve much and it's questionable whether his fitness will improve.

You're right that a lot of footballers can be jeb-ends at times, but it's the consistency with which Norwood manages it whilst simultaneously being unfit and bang average that really grates.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 2078 viewsTractorCam

Out of the shouts made, Jamie MacLaren and Britt Assombalonga would be my picks.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 2028 viewsParky

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 09:58 - Apr 20 by LeoMuff

We can’t afford him Plymouth are asking £5m

I’m sure we could offer Kayden Jackson as part of the deal.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:06 - Apr 20 with 2014 viewsITFC_Jenx

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:14 - Apr 20 by hatch

Nahki Wells? - Probably falling away in scoring prowess now and not what he used to be though.

It's tough isn't it - need someone entering their prime, which usually comes at a cost and from our level rather than the Championship.

Diedhou at Bristol City is out of contract. Leads the line in a 4231...
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:07 - Apr 20 with 2008 viewsitfcpaul

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:06 - Apr 20 by ITFC_Jenx

Is he any good and how many goals has he got this season?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:09 - Apr 20 with 2003 viewsitfcpaul

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:06 - Apr 20 by ITFC_Jenx

Is he any good and how many goals has he got this season?

He's only got 8 goals hasn't he this season, not the prolific striker we areaafter...

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 1962 viewsITFC_Jenx

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:14 - Apr 20 by hatch

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:56 - Apr 20 with 1900 viewsLower_North

Paul Mullins for me.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:58 - Apr 20 with 1885 viewsTractorCam

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:56 - Apr 20 by Lower_North

Paul Mullins for me.

Good mates with Nors, not sure he will sell the club to him.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 1835 viewsGarv

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 11:39 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Saying he's been our best striker isn't much of an argument though given how toothless we've been up front. What is he on now, 18 or 19 goals in 2 seasons? That's not the kind of return to get a stiffy over really, even taking account of him missing some time through injury. He's 30 now as well so he's not going to improve much and it's questionable whether his fitness will improve.

You're right that a lot of footballers can be jeb-ends at times, but it's the consistency with which Norwood manages it whilst simultaneously being unfit and bang average that really grates.

I really don't think you can claim he's been bang average. It comes down to opinions and you've got yours so I won't say it's wrong. But he's scored one in three during his time here, that's not bang average. Besides, why would you sell our best striker (by a distance)?

Also, Daryl Murphy was 32 when he scored 27 goals in a Championship season, so saying someone who is 30 won't get much better is silly. Murphy improved by 14 goals in a year.

He's a wind up merchant. I really don't think his Twitter stuff is worth worrying about, albeit if I was Cook I'd tell him to tone it down. The drink driving is obviously serious, but the other stuff isn't.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:27]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:25 - Apr 20 with 1819 viewschrismakin

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 12:58 - Apr 20 by TractorCam

Good mates with Nors, not sure he will sell the club to him.

Well you wouldnt want your mate coming in to take your place either there is only 1 place up for grabs

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 1790 viewsStewart27

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 09:42 - Apr 20 by Garv

He needs others chipping in but given service Norwood will score goals. He's got one in three having had very little quality behind him and being injured probably more often than not.

If you're disregarding him on account of fitness then fair enough. You'd like to think Cook etc will decide if and how to use him based on how many minutes they think they can get out of him.

I think over the last 2 seasons a combination of his lack of goals, lack of fitness and lack of professionalism has shown he is not what we need for a team that has aspirations of reaching the championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024