Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? 08:58 - Apr 20 with 5662 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

Please be realistic with your suggestions!

For me it has to be Joe Pigott from AFC Wimbledon. Out of contract at the end of the season, great recent playing/scoring record. Sure there will be Championship interest in him and it would be a real sign of intent if we get him in.
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:52 - Apr 20 with 536 viewsHerbivore

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:23 - Apr 20 by Garv

I really don't think you can claim he's been bang average. It comes down to opinions and you've got yours so I won't say it's wrong. But he's scored one in three during his time here, that's not bang average. Besides, why would you sell our best striker (by a distance)?

Also, Daryl Murphy was 32 when he scored 27 goals in a Championship season, so saying someone who is 30 won't get much better is silly. Murphy improved by 14 goals in a year.

He's a wind up merchant. I really don't think his Twitter stuff is worth worrying about, albeit if I was Cook I'd tell him to tone it down. The drink driving is obviously serious, but the other stuff isn't.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:27]

1 in 3 for a striker who trades in goals and doesn't have much of an all round game is pretty bang average I'd say. He's not a very good footballer but he has decent movement and that gets him chances, which he occasionally converts. Again, him being our best striker isn't saying much.

The comparison with Murphy doesn't necessarily work. Murphy had already improved his goalscoring the second half of the season before and then hit the ground running the season after. He was also a consummate pro who worked his nuts off on and off the pitch, and that helped him to continue developing his game. I'm not seeing Norwood being likely to do a Murph.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 14:26 - Apr 20 with 487 viewsGarv

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 13:52 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

1 in 3 for a striker who trades in goals and doesn't have much of an all round game is pretty bang average I'd say. He's not a very good footballer but he has decent movement and that gets him chances, which he occasionally converts. Again, him being our best striker isn't saying much.

The comparison with Murphy doesn't necessarily work. Murphy had already improved his goalscoring the second half of the season before and then hit the ground running the season after. He was also a consummate pro who worked his nuts off on and off the pitch, and that helped him to continue developing his game. I'm not seeing Norwood being likely to do a Murph.

Again I think that's harsh. He's physical and can hold the ball up, he's not lightning quick but he gets in behind a lot, he's provided assists - most of which coming playing with Jackson admittedly and not alone up front. Logic suggests you put better players around him he'll be better. You kind of have to take into account the team he's had around him as well, he's there to convert chances given to him - his movement will only get him so far.

I agree I can't see him doing a Murph. I doubt he'll ever have another 32 goal season, but apart from fitness there's no particular reason he can't get back to regular form.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 14:57 - Apr 20 with 460 viewsMB26

Frazier Campbell or Matt Smith
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 18:39 - Apr 20 with 367 viewsronnyd

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 09:34 - Apr 20 by Vaughan8

This is a joke right? Utter rubbish. Watche dhim a fair few times for Tranmere and bar a purple patch at the end of a season once, he was hopeless. haha

If this is the level we are getting, we will get relegated

We've already had one waste of space from Tranmere. Do we really need another one?
Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 19:00 - Apr 20 with 352 viewsVic

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 09:58 - Apr 20 by LeoMuff

We can’t afford him Plymouth are asking £5m

Truth is that just now we don’t know what we can afford. Phil (?) said the other day he’s heard that we’ll recruit to Championship standard rather than L1. Suggests serious money (for us going into some of the signings)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Striker To Fire Town To Championship Next Season? on 19:32 - Apr 20 with 334 viewsskankerman

With service Norwood
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024