Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know what this means 12:34 - Apr 20 with 2768 viewschrismakin

Is that shares are available to buy?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone know what this means on 12:39 - Apr 20 with 2317 viewsWeWereZombies

If you can find someone willing to sell, then yes. But as Gamechanger 20 are not a listed company then you will not be able to buy them on an open market.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone know what this means on 12:39 - Apr 20 with 2326 viewsDanTheMan

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this was a way of raising money essentially.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone know what this means on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 2306 viewsXYZ

Evans' money arriving from Fireman Sam's pension pot.
Anyone know what this means on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 2299 viewsitfcpaul

Isnt that to do with the takeover itself, looking at the date in question?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone know what this means on 12:41 - Apr 20 with 2266 viewsCrockerITFC

18 million pound war chest...that should be enough to get us out of this league.

Come on you blue tractors!
Anyone know what this means on 12:44 - Apr 20 with 2231 viewsMrTown

Shares often issued at start of companies life. Either to raise finance early or to repay a proportion or all of a companies borrowing/debt.

Could well be to make payment to Marcus Evans Group Limited etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:44]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone know what this means on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 2198 viewschrismakin

Anyone know what this means on 12:44 - Apr 20 by MrTown

Shares often issued at start of companies life. Either to raise finance early or to repay a proportion or all of a companies borrowing/debt.

Could well be to make payment to Marcus Evans Group Limited etc.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:44]

But does it mean there are shares available to buy?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Anyone know what this means on 12:47 - Apr 20 with 2181 viewsMrTown

Anyone know what this means on 12:45 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

But does it mean there are shares available to buy?

Not on the common market, as they are a private limited company, and not a public listed company.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know what this means on 12:51 - Apr 20 with 2109 viewsWacko

Up until now there were 4 shares in Gamechanger 20 - 1 each held by O'Leary, Johnson, Bakay and Detmer. This new share issue means ORG have now been given their shares (90% of them), and have control over the club.

This has been a slight concern for me... O'Leary said at the press conference that Ed Schwartz / ORG will take a back seat, but legally speaking if they grow impatient with the Three Lions' progress (or lack of), they can turf them out

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Anyone know what this means on 12:55 - Apr 20 with 2058 viewschrismakin

Anyone know what this means on 12:51 - Apr 20 by Wacko

Up until now there were 4 shares in Gamechanger 20 - 1 each held by O'Leary, Johnson, Bakay and Detmer. This new share issue means ORG have now been given their shares (90% of them), and have control over the club.

This has been a slight concern for me... O'Leary said at the press conference that Ed Schwartz / ORG will take a back seat, but legally speaking if they grow impatient with the Three Lions' progress (or lack of), they can turf them out

Is it strange that we see berke and Brett as our owners. Yet they as you say arent and we are at the mercy of someone who is even more secretive and non involved as Evans was.

Anyone know what this means on 12:55 - Apr 20 with 2044 viewsWeWereZombies

Also, when this volume of shares are issued it allows existing (and new) shareholders to split their shareholdings more easily. Which makes the shares more marketable but dilutes the power of existing shareholders who want to maintain the current status quo.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone know what this means on 13:01 - Apr 20 with 1968 viewsWacko

Anyone know what this means on 12:55 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

Is it strange that we see berke and Brett as our owners. Yet they as you say arent and we are at the mercy of someone who is even more secretive and non involved as Evans was.

Would be great to know if there was something in place (i.e. a contract) that, say, gives Three Lions a specific period of time to rule unimpeded or if they meet certain targets etc

Anyone know what this means on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 1903 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone know what this means on 13:01 - Apr 20 by Wacko

Would be great to know if there was something in place (i.e. a contract) that, say, gives Three Lions a specific period of time to rule unimpeded or if they meet certain targets etc

I am pretty sure there won't be and even if there was they would never publish it

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone know what this means on 13:10 - Apr 20 with 1825 viewsMaySixth

It’s money which will be used probably to pay ME some of his loans.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone know what this means on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 1684 viewsGuthrum

Better to think of ORG as "investors" rather than "owners" in a traditional, active sense.

They are backing Gamechanger, but responsibility for running the club has been devolved to the latter and from them to Chairman O'Leary and Chief Exec Ashton.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone know what this means on 13:32 - Apr 20 with 1633 viewsGuthrum

However, if they did kick out the team running the club, what would they do then? Still needs to function to get their money back.

Also, those appeared to be non-voting shares.

Anyone know what this means on 13:38 - Apr 20 with 1593 viewsGuthrum

Anyone know what this means on 13:27 - Apr 20 by Guthrum

Better to think of ORG as "investors" rather than "owners" in a traditional, active sense.

They are backing Gamechanger, but responsibility for running the club has been devolved to the latter and from them to Chairman O'Leary and Chief Exec Ashton.

Also worth remembering that ORG are not the pension fund. They are an investment vehicle into which the fund has put money.

Anyone know what this means on 13:42 - Apr 20 with 1561 viewschrismakin

Anyone know what this means on 13:38 - Apr 20 by Guthrum

Also worth remembering that ORG are not the pension fund. They are an investment vehicle into which the fund has put money.

So if the pension fund pulled out. We re left with 2 companies without a pot to pss in. ?

Anyone know what this means on 13:46 - Apr 20 with 1518 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone know what this means on 13:42 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

So if the pension fund pulled out. We re left with 2 companies without a pot to pss in. ?

If the pension fund pulls out then they'd sell their stake in the club. My understanding is they see this as a long-term venture so not something which is likely to be an issue for some while yet.
Anyone know what this means on 13:55 - Apr 20 with 1460 viewsGuthrum

Anyone know what this means on 13:46 - Apr 20 by PhilTWTD

If the pension fund pulls out then they'd sell their stake in the club. My understanding is they see this as a long-term venture so not something which is likely to be an issue for some while yet.

Indeed ORG could raise funds from elsewhere to replace or supplement current investments.

Anyone know what this means on 13:56 - Apr 20 with 1448 viewsWacko

Anyone know what this means on 13:32 - Apr 20 by Guthrum

However, if they did kick out the team running the club, what would they do then? Still needs to function to get their money back.

Also, those appeared to be non-voting shares.

Yes, they'll put whoever they want in charge.. Clegg, Milne etc My point being too much impatience can have a detrimental effect. I really believe we've got the right guys in charge but it'll take time.

The non-voting shares isn't relevant, what's relevant is persons with significant control:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12763756/pers

Although interestingly O'Leary still has it, sharing it with ORG so maybe that answers my question - Edit: ORG have the right to remove or appoint directors
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:59]

Anyone know what this means on 13:59 - Apr 20 with 1422 viewsWacko

Anyone know what this means on 13:06 - Apr 20 by itfcpaul

I am pretty sure there won't be and even if there was they would never publish it

Currently O'Leary and ORG are sharing significant control and this is published in full view on Companies House

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12763756/pers

But ORG still have the right to remove or appoint directors

Anyone know what this means on 14:03 - Apr 20 with 1395 viewsbackinbeige

I agree, we would have to rely on being such a tiny part of their portfolio that they're not interested enough in us

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Anyone know what this means on 14:04 - Apr 20 with 1393 viewsXYZ

Anyone know what this means on 13:56 - Apr 20 by Wacko

Yes, they'll put whoever they want in charge.. Clegg, Milne etc My point being too much impatience can have a detrimental effect. I really believe we've got the right guys in charge but it'll take time.

The non-voting shares isn't relevant, what's relevant is persons with significant control:

Although interestingly O'Leary still has it, sharing it with ORG so maybe that answers my question - Edit: ORG have the right to remove or appoint directors
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:59]

Org Az Secondary Opportunity Fund Lp

Ownership of voting rights - 75% or more

There will be a side-agreement between Three Lions and the ORG entity increasing their equity stake on achieving "success".
Anyone know what this means on 14:13 - Apr 20 with 1307 viewsWacko

Anyone know what this means on 13:27 - Apr 20 by Guthrum

As my reply above says, that's not true. O'Leary is on the same level as the Three Lions, in fact judging by his retaining a part of significant control it seems as if O'Leary has a larger stake than the other three.

And ORG has the right to remove directors, which makes them significantly more than investors

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024