Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The super league clubs know they will win in the end 16:07 - Apr 20 with 1701 viewsJ2BLUE

Look at the statements from the big broadcasters. All support the current system, all deny any involvement in the plans and none of them say they will have nothing to do with it or won't bid for the rights. I'm just making a point, I understand how business works.

Then we have Carragher asking Neville if he'll be a pundit or commentator on the super league. His answer was "not in its current form". Door left open. No one willing to completely rule themselves out.

Steve Parish, Palace chairman and co-owner on Sky. Started off very angry and firing at these clubs but very soon toned it down and left the impression he could be easily bought. He's taken shots at the bigger clubs for years but seemed to heavily hint he could be bought off with a suitcase of cash for the remaining Prem teams. A man who once asked why they should help lower league teams as supermarkets aren't being asked to help corner shops. The likes of Palace and Burnley forgetting they are bang average clubs who could easily be back in the Championship at any time.

We expect the players to save us? Some will try. The likes of Marcus Rashford will probably try. Most of the rest will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of earning even more money.

Then there are the fans too stupid to see their Sky and BT subscriptions were leading to this. Including me. For years I have justified my subscriptions on the basis that I just love football and although it has skewed things it was still pretty much the same. Promotion, relegation, fighting off any mention of the Premier League 2. Now these clubs are going to destroy our game and the clubs will all choose the financial option which will destroy the game forever.

In five years we'll have Carragher and Neville on Sky welcoming us to Super Tuesday as Liverpool face Real Madrid. The rest of the Prem will vote for those clubs to stay in return for a few crumbs. Burnley or Palace will get relegated and immediately complain that it's unfair. It's sickening.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:12 - Apr 20 with 1640 viewsblueislander

At the moment the ESL have taken an extreme position. No doubt there will be a great deal of horse trading, and some sort of agreement will be reached. What , I think everyone is condemning is the exclusivity of their current position.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:15 - Apr 20 with 1624 viewstractorboy1978

I actually think Sky and BT will be extremely worried at the moment. They could very realistically be completely left out in the cold if this happens.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:17 - Apr 20 with 1597 viewsJ2BLUE

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:15 - Apr 20 by tractorboy1978

I actually think Sky and BT will be extremely worried at the moment. They could very realistically be completely left out in the cold if this happens.

I did briefly consider if they knew they weren't going to be broadcasters and that's why they were going in hard but I think they'll bid. They'll just bump up subscriptions massively and if you want to watch the Prem or other things you'll be forced to pay for super league.

I have learnt late but the second they bid i'm cancelling.

Truly impaired.

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:21 - Apr 20 with 1565 viewsHARRY10

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:15 - Apr 20 by tractorboy1978

I would think that given this is where the money is supposed to be coming from this has already been agreed - with one of the US networks, which will then offer them a far wider global reach.

Try to do that off the back of peddling nonsense like NFL or 'rounders' was never going to work.

Whereas using a global sport like football adds a whole new dimension
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:23 - Apr 20 with 1554 viewsfooters

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:17 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

I did briefly consider if they knew they weren't going to be broadcasters and that's why they were going in hard but I think they'll bid. They'll just bump up subscriptions massively and if you want to watch the Prem or other things you'll be forced to pay for super league.

Wouldn't surprise me if DAZN were to bid on it... if it ever comes to that.

But I honestly can't see this happening - it's already caused way too much friction and surely they can read a room? Or maybe not!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:25 - Apr 20 with 1543 viewstractorboy1978

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:21 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

I would think that given this is where the money is supposed to be coming from this has already been agreed - with one of the US networks, which will then offer them a far wider global reach.

Try to do that off the back of peddling nonsense like NFL or 'rounders' was never going to work.

Whereas using a global sport like football adds a whole new dimension

Yes, I would be surprised if it isn't either a central, multinational platform with sole rights or a newly set up subscription service. Bezos could also be all over this.

I don't think Sky/BT would get a sniff.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:25 - Apr 20 with 1544 viewsJakeITFC

I'd have thought that one of the hooks with a league like this would be that these teams could get away from things like tenders for Sky/BT and could manage worldwide rights independently if they wanted to.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 1526 viewsHARRY10

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:25 - Apr 20 by JakeITFC

I'd have thought that one of the hooks with a league like this would be that these teams could get away from things like tenders for Sky/BT and could manage worldwide rights independently if they wanted to.

and give away one of the main reasons for those behind this setting it up ?
Login to get fewer ads

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:31 - Apr 20 with 1510 viewsSamWhiteUK

I was thinking about this. They've got Neville and Carragher kicking off, bringing in the ratings, but you know they'll be first in line to bid for the broadcast rights.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 1485 viewsJakeITFC

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:29 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

and give away one of the main reasons for those behind this setting it up ?

I just think it is small fry to be concerned about the UK television rights for a project for this, because these owners won't be.

Project Big Picture a little while ago was a window into that - Manchester United would much rather sell the worldwide rights to their own games on a platform they own/choose rather than it being in combined tender alongside Burnley v Palace.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:35 - Apr 20 with 1462 viewsJ2BLUE

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:33 - Apr 20 by JakeITFC

I just think it is small fry to be concerned about the UK television rights for a project for this, because these owners won't be.

Project Big Picture a little while ago was a window into that - Manchester United would much rather sell the worldwide rights to their own games on a platform they own/choose rather than it being in combined tender alongside Burnley v Palace.

I agree and think you could be right but at the same time there are no Burnleys or Palaces here. They are all, in their own minds, elite.

Truly impaired.

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:37 - Apr 20 with 1452 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If they want to leave, we should have the balls to expel them from the domestic game and carry on without them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:38 - Apr 20 with 1438 viewsMrTown

ESL could have there own broadcasting platform, cut out the middle man. Easily have there own version of Netflix PPV or subscription model for ESL football.

Think I read somewhere DAZN were interested in broadcasting rights though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:38 - Apr 20 with 1436 viewsRadlett_blue

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:33 - Apr 20 by JakeITFC

Exactly. Football is a global sport & what matters to the ESL is how many subscribers they get. While the UK & Europe will be a part of that, they won't make or break the whole deal. I do find the faux indignation from Sky & their presenters particularly nauseating given that their success & wealth has been off the back of Sky packaging & selling the PL to viewers so successfully. The EFL are effectively trying to do the same thing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:44 - Apr 20 with 1387 viewsIllinoisblue

No. This is different.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:54 - Apr 20 with 1344 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sky and BT would be left high and dry if Amazon ever got their place in order anyway

If Amazon got involved as they will eventually in a proper manner , the money would be even bigger than it is now

I'd expect Amazon to knock both Sky and BT out of the park

Poll: If it were one or the other

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 17:55 - Apr 20 with 1248 viewsbrazil1982

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 16:17 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

I guess broadcasters would have to see how much it costs to set up their studios etc in China, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, US etc.
The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 18:38 - Apr 20 with 1158 viewsRyorry

Isn't the key thing whether players would accept never again having the chance to represent their country though? Or is that too simplistic, and it's too much to hope for that they wouldn't?

If all the top players ask for transfers from the "superleague clubs" (I hate that term, what it means is the already richest clubs), then by definition those clubs would no longer be "the best".
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 18:57]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 18:44 - Apr 20 with 1138 viewschrismakin

Thing that makes me laugh is you rarely get a good game when these 'top' sides play each other. Yes you do get the occasional goal fest, but alot of the time it's two top sides to scared to open up incase they lose. i'd rather watch Wolves v Newcastle than Arsenal V Chelsea

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 18:55 - Apr 20 with 1083 viewsJ2BLUE

The super league clubs know they will win in the end on 18:44 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

Thing that makes me laugh is you rarely get a good game when these 'top' sides play each other. Yes you do get the occasional goal fest, but alot of the time it's two top sides to scared to open up incase they lose. i'd rather watch Wolves v Newcastle than Arsenal V Chelsea

Newcastle are an interesting choice of a more attacking team!

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024