Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 19:08 - Apr 20 with 2327 viewsbackinbeige

With Teddy Bishop’s contract up in the summer, his injury track record and Cook demanding the players show him why they deserve to keep their place in the squad, the timing of him withdrawing from tonight’s game with “a slight illness” isn’t ideal.

I get that he may have chosen that phrase so no one thinks he’s got Covid, but it’s still not Bert Trautmann stuff.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Bishop on 19:15 - Apr 20 with 2261 viewsmo_itfc

He'll do well for Colchester next season.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Bishop on 19:29 - Apr 20 with 2176 viewsStewart27

I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit bothered if I looked at the team sheet in august and none of this lot were on there. Not one.
Bishop on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 2089 viewsbackinbeige

This got buried in the deluge of grief during the game last night - I really do think this is one more clear indication of what's happening.

He obviously didn't want to alarm anyone into thinking he had Covid so he worded this to diffuse any concern there...

... but the fact that he completely failed to understand that announcing to the world he's not playing as he's 'a bit injured but not a lot, it's nothing really' is a bad look at the moment is incredible.

* Your manager is doing everything they can, screaming at you, to inject some passion
* Your fans are at their wits end and were holding protests only a few months ago
* It's common knowledge that there will be a clear out at the end of the season and you need to fight for your place
* You are one of the players who's contract is in the summer
* This is one of the last games where your team has a realistic chance of getting in the play-offs

... and still all of this has failed to hit home. You tell the world you're slightly injured, it's only a slight niggle, so aren't going to play. How have you completely failed to understand the situation you're in? Read the room. Why announce that? You didn't need to make that announcement.

You've got a cold. Maybe it's the flu. I don't know, it doesn't matter. Why did you make that announcement and why did you say that? Were you worried people would speculate over a broken leg? Genuinely, I want to know what the thought process was.

I'm at the risk of reading too much into the wording of a tweet, but when decide to send an announcement to the fans and you think this is the best message you can give, I can't see any other way around the fact that the players, amazingly, Still. Don't. Get. It.

If you want to post a disclaimer about some recording (don't know what that is, it sounds like a whole different concern with legal implications that we want to avoid, why are you even getting involved in this Teddy) then just say that and shut up about the small injury. Just say nothing.

That's where the mindset is.

This post is very much 'man gets annoyed about three words'. It's not three words, it's a neat summation of the last two years. Shake them awake.

Anyway, I hope you get over your slight illness soon Teddy and get a hat trick at the weekend. You're what we've got until the summer. #ITFC #COYB heart emoji football emoji etc.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Bishop on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 2081 viewsbackinbeige

Sorry, I needed that

Bishop on 12:21 - Apr 21 with 2061 viewsgordon

If there's even a slight possibility that he may have COVID then he has to stay away from the rest of the team and can't play.
Bishop on 12:32 - Apr 21 with 2010 viewschrismakin

Bishop on 12:17 - Apr 21 by backinbeige

This got buried in the deluge of grief during the game last night - I really do think this is one more clear indication of what's happening.

He obviously didn't want to alarm anyone into thinking he had Covid so he worded this to diffuse any concern there...

... but the fact that he completely failed to understand that announcing to the world he's not playing as he's 'a bit injured but not a lot, it's nothing really' is a bad look at the moment is incredible.

* Your manager is doing everything they can, screaming at you, to inject some passion
* Your fans are at their wits end and were holding protests only a few months ago
* It's common knowledge that there will be a clear out at the end of the season and you need to fight for your place
* This is one of the last games where your team has a realistic chance of getting in the play-offs

... and still all of this has failed to hit home. You tell the world you're slightly injured, it's only a slight niggle, so aren't going to play. How have you completely failed to understand the situation you're in? Read the room. Why announce that? You didn't need to make that announcement.

You've got a cold. Maybe it's the flu. I don't know, it doesn't matter. Why did you make that announcement and why did you say that? Were you worried people would speculate over a broken leg? Genuinely, I want to know what the thought process was.

I'm at the risk of reading too much into the wording of a tweet, but when decide to send an announcement to the fans and you think this is the best message you can give, I can't see any other way around the fact that the players, amazingly, Still. Don't. Get. It.

If you want to post a disclaimer about some recording (don't know what that is, it sounds like a whole different concern with legal implications that we want to avoid, why are you even getting involved in this Teddy) then just say that and shut up about the small injury. Just say nothing.

This post is very much 'man gets annoyed about three words'. It's not three words, it's a neat summation of the last two years. Shake them awake.

Anyway, I hope you get over your slight illness soon Teddy and get a hat trick at the weekend. You're what we've got until the summer. #ITFC #COYB heart emoji football emoji etc.

The reason he tweeted was because of the stupid fan made 'Bishop' tape making the rounds

No one would have known why Bish was not in the 18 without his tweet, had he not tweeted, all you would have seen was how the tape was real and he was dropped for taking the pss out of PC

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1964 viewsjayessess

Bishop on 12:21 - Apr 21 by gordon

If there's even a slight possibility that he may have COVID then he has to stay away from the rest of the team and can't play.

Even if it's only a bad cold he should stay away. I know we all like "big brave lads playing through injury and illness" stories, but if you've got a transmissible virus that would affect performance even a little, you shouldn't be spreading it around to your team mates.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:46]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bishop on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 1934 viewsWallingford_Boy

Bishop on 12:32 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

The reason he tweeted was because of the stupid fan made 'Bishop' tape making the rounds

No one would have known why Bish was not in the 18 without his tweet, had he not tweeted, all you would have seen was how the tape was real and he was dropped for taking the pss out of PC

Come again?

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 12:52 - Apr 21 with 1896 viewschrismakin

Bishop on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Come again?

some town 'fans' made a video tape/recording pretending to be Bishop taking the pss out of the way PC talks

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Bishop on 12:53 - Apr 21 with 1879 viewsBluefish

Bishop on 12:17 - Apr 21 by backinbeige

All that effort to type such nonsense

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop on 12:56 - Apr 21 with 1876 viewsWallingford_Boy

Bishop on 12:52 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

some town 'fans' made a video tape/recording pretending to be Bishop taking the pss out of the way PC talks

And thats why Bishop tweeted about being ill?!

Odd.

RIP Sir Bobby

Bishop on 13:03 - Apr 21 with 1846 viewschrismakin

Bishop on 12:56 - Apr 21 by Wallingford_Boy

And thats why Bishop tweeted about being ill?!

Odd.

Bare in mind Bishop rarely uses social media, I see no other reason for posting it other than to stop immediately any rumours of the tape being real and that was the reason for his exclusion

Bishop on 15:46 - Apr 21 with 1651 viewsfloridaboy

Bishop on 12:21 - Apr 21 by gordon

Theslightest hint of COVID and the game would have been off!
Bishop on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 1601 viewsHerbivore

State of this thread. I bet a few of you still need plastic sheets at night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bishop on 16:10 - Apr 21 with 1534 viewsMrTown

He's going to be released.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 1527 viewsRobTheMonk

I think Bishop is a very talented player myself and would benefit from extra quality around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024