Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's just sack the manager tonight 20:28 - Apr 20 with 1469 viewsgtsb1966

and when the new one comes in tomorrow sack him too at the end of the season when he can't get a tune out of a poor squad who know they won't be here next season and haven't performed to a decent standard for months and months. Let's not give a proven manager at this level time to build his own squad. New owners with ambition, new manager with ambition yet the same old clueless bores who think it should all change overnight. See you all in August when hopefully most of the idiots have gone into hiding again when it finally dawns on them what we are building.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:30 - Apr 20 with 1245 viewsStewart27

Jesus man give the fans a break.

If they want to moan about what we’ve become and they want to blame somebody then just let them.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:30 - Apr 20 with 1247 viewsNeedhamChris

So when Cook was appointed you expected us to get worse?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:33 - Apr 20 with 1201 viewsTheBoyBlue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:30 - Apr 20 by NeedhamChris

I think a lot of the players have realised with all the big changes at the club in recent weeks that they just don't have any future here and whether consciously or not have downed tools.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:36 - Apr 20 with 1158 viewsMillsTash

So when Cook came in and we were a few points off the top 6 with lots more games to play, do you think Cook told the lot of them at this point then that they were all getting sacked off in the summer?
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:37 - Apr 20 with 1146 viewsNeedhamChris

Also, people posting threads with their views is fair enough whether you agree with them or not. Keeps this place lively.

Posting to basically have a go at them and call them idiots is pretty pathetic

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:38 - Apr 20 with 1100 viewsParky

The same people moaning were the same ones clapping singing Three Little Birds after Lambert relegated us.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:42 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewsRobTheMonk

No one's saying sack Cook, but he's done absolute rubbish with the team since he's been here. He'll be on thin ice.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 1000 viewsBlueBadger

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:42 - Apr 20 by RobTheMonk

No one's saying sack Cook, but he's done absolute rubbish with the team since he's been here. He'll be on thin ice.

He's basically blown his honeymoon period hasn't he?

Summer is MASSIVE for him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:47 - Apr 20 with 963 viewsLeoMuff

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:30 - Apr 20 by NeedhamChris

I thought we would improve, but I was also under the misguided impression we had many decent standard players for this level, and we just needed a decent manager.

Why on earth would we put any blame on Cook for this ? If we had even 1 window fair enough, some blame should be his direction, but Evans for some reason gave that window to Lambert which he utterly wasted.

Many many players are not up to the job and we need a complete rebuild, We have been a basket case since MM left, Cook isn’t likely to change that in a month with the same players.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

[Redacted] on 20:50 - Apr 20 with 891 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:51 - Apr 20 with 875 viewsBellevueblue

I expect Cook to to be able to construct the sistine chapel out of a bucket of the proverbial, and if he isn't able to I'm going to be livid
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:54 - Apr 20 with 817 viewsBlueschev

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:36 - Apr 20 by MillsTash

So when Cook came in and we were a few points off the top 6 with lots more games to play, do you think Cook told the lot of them at this point then that they were all getting sacked off in the summer?

Of course not, but at the same time I’m sure players saw the writing on the wall and have applied themselves accordingly.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:02 - Apr 20 with 751 viewschicoazul

Genuinely think this could happen in the next few days fwiw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:03 - Apr 20 with 721 viewspointofblue

Oh grow up. I haven't seen anyone calling for Cook's head - just maybe St. Paul isn't completely devoid of responsibility for the shambles this season has turned into.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:04 - Apr 20 with 713 viewschicoazul

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:51 - Apr 20 by Bellevueblue

I expect Cook to to be able to construct the sistine chapel out of a bucket of the proverbial, and if he isn't able to I'm going to be livid

It’s not unreasonable to expect a manager to drill his team on the absolute defensive basics after 8 games or so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 670 viewsOjc

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:02 - Apr 20 by chicoazul

Genuinely think this could happen in the next few days fwiw.

I’ve got a feeling as well.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 670 viewshaynes_toe1

Don't think anyone has said sack but you'd have to be devoid of all football knowledge not to be sceptical.

I do question if the new owners want to entrust the big rebuilding job with a manager who's made us worse each game hes been in charge.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:06 - Apr 20 with 650 viewsParky

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:04 - Apr 20 by chicoazul

It’s not unreasonable to expect a manager to drill his team on the absolute defensive basics after 8 games or so.

To be fair, you can do all the training you want off the pitch, but if players are going to lose their men from corners and the keeper just give the ball to their striker, there isn’t really much else Cook can do about that.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:08 - Apr 20 with 616 viewstownblue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:06 - Apr 20 by Parky

To be fair, you can do all the training you want off the pitch, but if players are going to lose their men from corners and the keeper just give the ball to their striker, there isn’t really much else Cook can do about that.

Defending corners is definitely something a manger should be drilling into the team.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 599 viewstownblue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:51 - Apr 20 by Bellevueblue

We just go thrashed by Northampton. At this point I'd be surprised if he could convert the bucket into a pile.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 592 viewspeterleeblue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:47 - Apr 20 by LeoMuff

I thought we would improve, but I was also under the misguided impression we had many decent standard players for this level, and we just needed a decent manager.

Why on earth would we put any blame on Cook for this ? If we had even 1 window fair enough, some blame should be his direction, but Evans for some reason gave that window to Lambert which he utterly wasted.

Many many players are not up to the job and we need a complete rebuild, We have been a basket case since MM left, Cook isn’t likely to change that in a month with the same players.

No but we have still squirrelled a decent level of points over two season.
I would have expected at least to take the play off fight into the last few game. This capitulation is unacceptable and has IMHO used up a far amount of Cooks good will. Losing in the play offs would still have required a clear out and rebuild and Cook would have given reason for optimism amongst the supporters and would have referenced the end of this season if the odd result goes awry in the Autumn.
Its just not good is it.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:10 - Apr 20 with 582 viewsKropotkin123

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 20:30 - Apr 20 by Stewart27

Jesus man give the fans a break.

If they want to moan about what we’ve become and they want to blame somebody then just let them.

Jesus man give the OP a break.

If they want to moan about what the fanbase has become and they want to complain then just let them.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 571 viewsParky

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:08 - Apr 20 by townblue

Defending corners is definitely something a manger should be drilling into the team.

I never said it wasn’t, but at what point do you actually start to blame the players on the pitch, you know the ones that are actually responsible?

They got let off after they got relegated, they got let off after finishing 11th last season. Ultimately, they’re the ones on the pitch, they’re the ones responsible.
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:12 - Apr 20 with 552 viewsBellevueblue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:04 - Apr 20 by chicoazul

I think you're giving these players too much credit. Already checked out and on their holidays
Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 523 viewstownblue

Let's just sack the manager tonight on 21:11 - Apr 20 by Parky

I never said it wasn’t, but at what point do you actually start to blame the players on the pitch, you know the ones that are actually responsible?

They got let off after they got relegated, they got let off after finishing 11th last season. Ultimately, they’re the ones on the pitch, they’re the ones responsible.

I see plenty of blame for the players. That doesn't mean Cook's start hasn't been disappointing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024