Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were we ever this bad under Lambert? 20:29 - Apr 20 with 2091 viewsgordon

We got well-beaten by Doncaster, Hull, Portsmouth etc this season, but we're going on a run against the worst teams in the division, and struggling to create any kind of chance (bit better re chances tonight).

Baffling selections, players don't look motivated, manager repeatedly just blaming the players. Doesn't look great to me.
Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:10 - Apr 20 with 256 viewsSteve_M

Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 20:56 - Apr 20 by Blueschev

You know your stuff Steve, where do you think it’s going wrong?

I think Cook got caught between wanting to build a system and reaching the play-offs but he's failed to make any improvement to any area of the team as a result. Conceding dreadful goals from set pieces suggest we don't even know how he wants us to defend - I can live with the lack of creativity for this season but we aren't even doing the basics as a team at the moment.

People can blame the players all they like, with much justification, but Cook has made a really poor start here and will be under pressure if we don't get off to a good start next season. He was unfortunate with the timing f his appointment, too late to bring any of his own players in but long enough of the season that the play-offs were still possible. I expected more though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 241 viewsgordon

Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 20:51 - Apr 20 by gordon

So we're losing because Cook has told the players their crap, but that's good, because they deserved it for being crap.

Thinking about this again, it makes you wonder how teams with crap players manage to do well. Did the Wycombe manager tell his players they were crap over and over last season?
Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 215 viewsistanblue

Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 20:31 - Apr 20 by ZXBlue

We could easily have had 4.

Bar two defensive calamities, tonight is a good deal better.

LMFAO.
Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:20 - Apr 20 with 206 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

I think knowing there a good possibility that your not playing for ITFC next season has made the players give up.
Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 181 viewsBlueschev

Were we ever this bad under Lambert? on 21:10 - Apr 20 by Steve_M

I think Cook got caught between wanting to build a system and reaching the play-offs but he's failed to make any improvement to any area of the team as a result. Conceding dreadful goals from set pieces suggest we don't even know how he wants us to defend - I can live with the lack of creativity for this season but we aren't even doing the basics as a team at the moment.

People can blame the players all they like, with much justification, but Cook has made a really poor start here and will be under pressure if we don't get off to a good start next season. He was unfortunate with the timing f his appointment, too late to bring any of his own players in but long enough of the season that the play-offs were still possible. I expected more though.

I can’t disagree with any of that really, though I would say the timing of his appointment coupled with the sheer number of games doesn’t make drilling the basics in to what is a huge squad easy at all. I just can’t wait for the season to be over!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024