Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... 20:51 - Apr 20 with 3760 viewsbluelagos

Fingers crossed

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 1953 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Less than a day of deliberation, guilty surely?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 21:55 - Apr 20 with 1855 viewsnoggin

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 21:18 - Apr 20 by BlueandTruesince82

Less than a day of deliberation, guilty surely?

Wouldn't want to be a Minneapolis cop if it's not guilty.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:07 - Apr 20 with 1799 viewsHARRY10

GUILTY
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:08 - Apr 20 with 1782 viewsfactual_blue

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:07 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

GUILTY

x3

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:12 - Apr 20 with 1750 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:08 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

x3

remanded into custody

sentence in 8 weeks

now lets here the 'righties' spout their sh ite about the need for the death sentence
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:14 - Apr 20 with 1721 viewsSpruceMoose

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:07 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

GUILTY

Excellent.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:15 - Apr 20 with 1699 viewsJ2BLUE

It was never going to be anything else. The footage was damning.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 1673 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:15 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

It was never going to be anything else. The footage was damning.

Yes, but also couldn't help but wonder.

They seem to get away with it so often nothing is surprising.

It won't bring the victim back, but maybe it'll help stop others being murdered in the same way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:26 - Apr 20 with 1647 viewsJ2BLUE

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:18 - Apr 20 by jeera

Yes, but also couldn't help but wonder.

They seem to get away with it so often nothing is surprising.

It won't bring the victim back, but maybe it'll help stop others being murdered in the same way.

Absolutely. It's 'justice' but it's not true justice.

Truly impaired.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:28 - Apr 20 with 1632 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:26 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

It's a significant step back from the abyss Trump had been dragging the country towards
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:32 - Apr 20 with 1609 viewsRyorry

Kudos to the teen who filmed the whole horrifying thing without stopping, which enabled this prosecution. Well done also to the prosecution team & jury.

I hate to think of the consequences if the verdict had been not guilty.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 1586 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:32 - Apr 20 by Ryorry

Kudos to the teen who filmed the whole horrifying thing without stopping, which enabled this prosecution. Well done also to the prosecution team & jury.

I hate to think of the consequences if the verdict had been not guilty.

Horrible to think of the number in the US who would have welcomed a not guilty verdict
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 1579 viewsWicklowBlue

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:26 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Unsure as to what you mean by true justice, but there was no way the verdict could be anything other than guilty. So the judicial system got it right, as I just said over here there is no way that amount of force was justified.

I hope this leads to a serious challenge to the upper echelons of the policing system across the US. While Chauvin will serve time, a huge review of policing across the US is needed from the very top down.
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:43 - Apr 20 with 1552 viewsRyorry

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:36 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

Horrible to think of the number in the US who would have welcomed a not guilty verdict

Yeah, that too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:17 - Apr 20 with 1488 viewsnoggin

From the evidence I heard, the paramedics did so much wrong. Their slow actions ad rash decisions must have removed any chance of resuscitation. Of course I wasn't there so don't know how and why their decisions were made.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:19 - Apr 20 with 1477 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:17 - Apr 20 by noggin

From the evidence I heard, the paramedics did so much wrong. Their slow actions ad rash decisions must have removed any chance of resuscitation. Of course I wasn't there so don't know how and why their decisions were made.

I don't know about that and also haven't followed it closely tbh, but there was one lady who has been a prominent witness isn't there?

A paramedic with the fire service [?] who was present and tried to intervene but the cops wouldn't allow her.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:27 - Apr 20 with 1463 viewsJ2BLUE

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 22:36 - Apr 20 by WicklowBlue

Unsure as to what you mean by true justice, but there was no way the verdict could be anything other than guilty. So the judicial system got it right, as I just said over here there is no way that amount of force was justified.

I hope this leads to a serious challenge to the upper echelons of the policing system across the US. While Chauvin will serve time, a huge review of policing across the US is needed from the very top down.

I completely agree with that. All I meant was no sentence is truly justice when a human being has lost their life and can't be brought back.

Truly impaired.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 1451 viewsnoggin

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:19 - Apr 20 by jeera

I don't know about that and also haven't followed it closely tbh, but there was one lady who has been a prominent witness isn't there?

A paramedic with the fire service [?] who was present and tried to intervene but the cops wouldn't allow her.

The medics should have insisted that the cuffs be removed and the patient laid on his back, immediately. Airway and breathing cannot be assessed otherwise. If the guy wasn't breathing, full CPR should have been commenced immediately. Instead, they lifted him into the ambulance and drove a few blocks before any primary assessment was undertaken.
Resuscitation should have been attempted right there in the street.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:31 - Apr 20 with 1437 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:29 - Apr 20 by noggin

The medics should have insisted that the cuffs be removed and the patient laid on his back, immediately. Airway and breathing cannot be assessed otherwise. If the guy wasn't breathing, full CPR should have been commenced immediately. Instead, they lifted him into the ambulance and drove a few blocks before any primary assessment was undertaken.

Agree with all that, (and respect your expertise of course).

I hadn't realised no one gave any assistance at all at the scene, even afterwards, so to speak.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:33 - Apr 20 with 1419 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:29 - Apr 20 by noggin

Perhaps you might care to explain why resuscitation was needed

it might be a clue
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:35 - Apr 20 with 1399 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:33 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

Perhaps you might care to explain why resuscitation was needed

it might be a clue

I think you misunderstand Noggin's post Harry.

He knows why resuscitation was needed, and is simply speaking from experience from a medic's POV what should have been done to revive him on the spot.

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:46 - Apr 20 with 1370 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:35 - Apr 20 by jeera

I think you misunderstand Noggin's post Harry.

He knows why resuscitation was needed, and is simply speaking from experience from a medic's POV what should have been done to revive him on the spot.

perhaps this why no acyion was, or could be, taken

"and many bystanders including a trained first responder who tried to intervene only for Chauvin to pull his mace from his belt and threaten her until she stepped back. "
Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:48 - Apr 20 with 1360 viewsjeera

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:46 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

perhaps this why no acyion was, or could be, taken

"and many bystanders including a trained first responder who tried to intervene only for Chauvin to pull his mace from his belt and threaten her until she stepped back. "

He means when the ambulance finally arrived.

He was whisked away instead of measures being taken right there on the road.

I suppose they would be working on him inside the vehicle but I understand what Nogs is saying, that those few seconds can make all the difference.

It is his profession, so natural for him to ask questions on actions that would differ from his own in that situation.

Edit: apparently the point was sort of addressed, but would still be a matter of contention for some who work in the role you'd think:

"The Hennepin Healthcare Emergency Medical Services (EMS) head suggested in an interview that EMS workers could save time by treating a patient in an ambulance instead of unloading all relevant medical equipment."

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-floyd-claims-idUSKBN23J2JK
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 23:55]

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:50 - Apr 20 with 1354 viewswkj

Good verdict, but this one is going to go through no end of appeals - that is clear.

Very rarely do guilty verdicts occur, or are maintained, against US Police officers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 1323 viewsHARRY10

Skynews reporting Chauvin verdict in 45 mins... on 23:48 - Apr 20 by jeera

He means when the ambulance finally arrived.

He was whisked away instead of measures being taken right there on the road.

I suppose they would be working on him inside the vehicle but I understand what Nogs is saying, that those few seconds can make all the difference.

It is his profession, so natural for him to ask questions on actions that would differ from his own in that situation.

Edit: apparently the point was sort of addressed, but would still be a matter of contention for some who work in the role you'd think:

"The Hennepin Healthcare Emergency Medical Services (EMS) head suggested in an interview that EMS workers could save time by treating a patient in an ambulance instead of unloading all relevant medical equipment."

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-floyd-claims-idUSKBN23J2JK
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 23:55]

The attempts at resuscitation happened almost immediately once he was in the ambulance. The explanation for that can be found in the link.

If Noggin was fully aware of what happened perhaps he would not have asked that question

have a read here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9427987/Derek-Chauvin-trial-Jury-sees-g
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024