Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players 20:56 - Apr 20 with 1969 viewsRadlett_blue

and studiously avoids any contact with his Town charges.
Going to play Bad Cook tonight.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 20:58 - Apr 20 with 1882 viewsunstableblue

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 20:59 - Apr 20 with 1828 viewsWestcountryblue

Not too sure that's wise.
It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 20:59 - Apr 20 with 1822 viewsNeedhamChris

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 20:58 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

I agree.

The only person who benefits from this pile on the players approach is Cook.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 20:59 - Apr 20 with 1816 viewspointofblue

Agreed. Perhaps it's time he takes some responsibility for this mess. Not all, it's certainly not all his fault, but some.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 21:00 - Apr 20 with 1798 viewsBellevueblue

would you shake their hands after that?
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:01 - Apr 20 with 1746 viewsSteve_M

Is he going to go out and blame the players for his own failings? That's two weeks in a row we've been all over the place from crosses despite him changing the central defenders in between. We know we have a creativity issue but that is just basic stuff.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:02 - Apr 20 with 1712 viewsBlueySwede

I know most of our lot aren´t up to it, but Cook needs to look a little bit at himself as well. Surely there must be one or two players he could have motivated during his time at the club, but they all look worse.
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:02 - Apr 20 with 1693 viewsSeablu

It will have something to do with eggs and/or chicken.
It’s the most havoc a cook can create with a couple hours to closing time.
Login to get fewer ads

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 21:03 - Apr 20 with 1606 viewsBlueBadger

It's Technical Management. Shake hands with only the ones who've been effective.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:04 - Apr 20 with 1569 viewstextbackup

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 20:59 - Apr 20 by Westcountryblue

Not too sure that's wise.

they are all off in the summer, what does it matter. he tried the nice approach, they didn't bother with that either

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 21:04 - Apr 20 with 1573 viewsN2_Blue

Oh do give over.

FFS would you shake their hand. If you would you're wet.

I'd tell them they are pieces of sh*t and should leave our club immediately. Tw*ts the lot of them.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 1516 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:02 - Apr 20 by BlueySwede

I know most of our lot aren´t up to it, but Cook needs to look a little bit at himself as well. Surely there must be one or two players he could have motivated during his time at the club, but they all look worse.

Town seem totally devoid of leadership. Has been the case for a while, but playing loan players & those who won't be at the club for much longer isn't going to help. Although Edwards was probably our best player tonight.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:06 - Apr 20 with 1505 viewsgordon

He's throwing the players under a bus to protect his reputation, it's an awful look. They might not be very good, but they have also been treated pretty poorly by ITFC over an extended period.

They're really not to blame for the failure of the now previous owner to run this club properly.
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:07 - Apr 20 with 1460 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think he did give a couple of players a pat on the back
It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 21:08 - Apr 20 with 1396 viewspointofblue

It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 21:04 - Apr 20 by N2_Blue

Oh do give over.

FFS would you shake their hand. If you would you're wet.

I'd tell them they are pieces of sh*t and should leave our club immediately. Tw*ts the lot of them.

He said that last week.

Worked well didn't it?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:08 - Apr 20 with 1382 viewstextbackup

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:06 - Apr 20 by gordon

He's throwing the players under a bus to protect his reputation, it's an awful look. They might not be very good, but they have also been treated pretty poorly by ITFC over an extended period.

They're really not to blame for the failure of the now previous owner to run this club properly.

treated poorly? they've been paid to play football.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 1365 viewsTrequartista

Players only shake hands with opponents at the end - maybe it's the same principle?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:10 - Apr 20 with 1339 viewsTieDyedIn95

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:01 - Apr 20 by Steve_M

Is he going to go out and blame the players for his own failings? That's two weeks in a row we've been all over the place from crosses despite him changing the central defenders in between. We know we have a creativity issue but that is just basic stuff.

I was a big supporter of Cook but I agree, his period here has been Hurst-esque in terms of destroying squad morale and the play on the pitch, the selections being baffling, what's he coaching them?

I think maybe he knows he might be on his way too with the new owners coming in.

I just don't know what to say.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:12 - Apr 20 with 1269 viewsChondzoresk

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:07 - Apr 20 by SamWhiteUK

I think he did give a couple of players a pat on the back

Cow Pat?
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:12 - Apr 20 with 1262 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's smells of Keane and Hurst at the moment. I expected more emotional intelligence/maturity than balling everyone out and just sacking people off mid-season.

He may have done well in the past, but you only really judge the character of the man by how he deals with adversity. So far there are big question marks for me. Roll on the summer reboot. He needs it as much as the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 22:08 - Apr 20 with 933 viewsreusersfreekicks

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:12 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's smells of Keane and Hurst at the moment. I expected more emotional intelligence/maturity than balling everyone out and just sacking people off mid-season.

He may have done well in the past, but you only really judge the character of the man by how he deals with adversity. So far there are big question marks for me. Roll on the summer reboot. He needs it as much as the team.

Very well put.
Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 22:42 - Apr 20 with 812 viewstractorshark

Cook again shakes hands with all the Northampton players on 21:12 - Apr 20 by Swansea_Blue

I was saying much the same earlier.
Obviously not suggesting we sack Cook but I’d like to know if any Ipswich fan doesn’t have a seed of doubt about him right now.
At the moment, he’s managed to combine Hurst’s bad cop routine with Lambert’s PR stunts and baffling team selections.
When he arrived we still had a genuine chance of making the playoffs but for all the bluster, beer buying and blame game, Cook has achieved absolutely nothing.
Yes the players are either crap, injury prone or underperforming and shamefully they have thrown in the towel but it is up to the manager to try to get a tune out of what he’s got. McCarthy did that in his first season and then made his changes.
Cook has to take a share of the blame for the way the season has collapsed, even he looks like he’s thrown in the towel.
As I said earlier, I’m not saying sack him, that would be stupid and he needs at least a transfer window.
But this has an all too familiar theme to it right now.
I don’t want soundbites and pleasing comments from my manager, I want points. And that is exactly what the new owners will demand come August.
Ipswich fans have gone from blaming the manager, to blaming the owner, to blaming the players.
If Cook doesn’t hit the ground running next season, it will turn full circle again.
The new owners won’t hesitate and there won’t be a 3-year plan. He’ll be gone by Christmas if he doesn’t back up his words.
It is just poor management - PERIOD (n/t) on 22:47 - Apr 20 with 784 viewswkj

The players have given up on ITFC, so cook has given up on them. Great management - PERIOD

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024