Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook Out 21:05 - Apr 20 with 5947 viewsNeedhamChris

I know I’ve gone early, but I think the owners should make the call and give a fresh start to whoever their man would really have been.

The basics are getting worse and the coaching isn’t helping. I dislike lambert a lot but the last 12 games has made me miss him. That alone is a sackable offence.

I’m not saying this is fair on Cook, but I just don’t see him as critical to the new ownership. Get someone in who wants to work in this new environment rather than one who has fallen into it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Cook Out on 23:47 - Apr 20 with 1816 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 23:06 - Apr 20 by WicklowBlue

IIRC PL said we would be useless playing a 4-4-2...and then he tried that formation. We've seen Cooktryt he same...over the past 3 seasons if you see multiple managers try to get some level of results out of a squad without success. At what point do you point the figure at the squad....

Now is not the time to lay into Cook.

I’d have more sympathy if we could do the basics. On paper which squad would you take - ours or Northampton’s? Ours or Wimbledon’s? The division is dreadful but somehow, with the players we have, we have managed to be in a play off fight - if results go the right way on Saturday we somehow still are. But the players cannot or will not do the basics; whether it’s down to confidence, motivation or tactics it’s down to the manager to sort it out. Cook has basically been in charge for a quarter of the season and we’ve regressed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Out on 00:38 - Apr 21 with 1803 viewsJDB23

Cook Out on 23:03 - Apr 20 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Do love it when posters advertise their IQ in their username.

I'm keeping out of this.
Cook Out on 00:47 - Apr 21 with 1797 viewsWicklowBlue

Cook Out on 23:47 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

I’d have more sympathy if we could do the basics. On paper which squad would you take - ours or Northampton’s? Ours or Wimbledon’s? The division is dreadful but somehow, with the players we have, we have managed to be in a play off fight - if results go the right way on Saturday we somehow still are. But the players cannot or will not do the basics; whether it’s down to confidence, motivation or tactics it’s down to the manager to sort it out. Cook has basically been in charge for a quarter of the season and we’ve regressed.

The damage was done many moons ago, honestly on paper how could any of us say our squad is better than any other Club's? We have showed time and time again that we have no right to have any aspirations.

Season is over, let's back Cook and judge him on the clear out.
Cook Out on 00:50 - Apr 21 with 1785 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 00:47 - Apr 21 by WicklowBlue

The damage was done many moons ago, honestly on paper how could any of us say our squad is better than any other Club's? We have showed time and time again that we have no right to have any aspirations.

Season is over, let's back Cook and judge him on the clear out.

Even with Lambert in charge for the majority of the season and Cook picking up ten points out of 36, we still sit five points outside of the play offs in 11th. Admittedly I think it shows how dreadful this decision is and, even with these players, we should be making a better fist of it than we are.

Cook Out on 00:52 - Apr 21 with 1786 viewsSpruceMoose

Terrible call. An absolutely terrible call. They should put you in charge of the Costa Concordia with decision making skills like this. Hang your head.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 0:55]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cook Out on 00:58 - Apr 21 with 1784 viewsWicklowBlue

Cook Out on 00:50 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Even with Lambert in charge for the majority of the season and Cook picking up ten points out of 36, we still sit five points outside of the play offs in 11th. Admittedly I think it shows how dreadful this decision is and, even with these players, we should be making a better fist of it than we are.

Not sure what decision you are referring to? If it is Evans doing his usual trick of replacing manager too late, or is it the fact that most of the squad are out of contract soon and know they won't be here next season....

None of that is on Cook, he has inherited an absolute mess! This has been an issue at many clubs, too much easy Street and player power. Cook has tried to tweak the team and none of our world beaters have shown anything.

I'm all in for a complete reset and change of culture and aspirations.
Cook Out on 01:00 - Apr 21 with 1777 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 00:58 - Apr 21 by WicklowBlue

Not sure what decision you are referring to? If it is Evans doing his usual trick of replacing manager too late, or is it the fact that most of the squad are out of contract soon and know they won't be here next season....

None of that is on Cook, he has inherited an absolute mess! This has been an issue at many clubs, too much easy Street and player power. Cook has tried to tweak the team and none of our world beaters have shown anything.

I'm all in for a complete reset and change of culture and aspirations.

Sorry, that’s an iPad typo, it should read how dreadful this DIVISION is.

I think a reset is the only solution but saying it’s all down to the players is where we were with Lambert (albeit we were given him a pass over quality rather than attitude) which is perhaps why I’m loathed to put all my eggs in one basket of blame now.

Cook Out on 01:01 - Apr 21 with 1781 viewsWicklowBlue

Cook Out on 00:52 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

Terrible call. An absolutely terrible call. They should put you in charge of the Costa Concordia with decision making skills like this. Hang your head.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 0:55]

As the OP is at -32 and counting...It's sinking easy deeper than you suggest...
Login to get fewer ads

Cook Out on 05:37 - Apr 21 with 1733 viewsKeaneish

Would you sack Mick McCarthy at Cardiff too? His record in the last ten games is the same as Cook’s (2 wins in 10 and he’s missed out on the play-offs).

I think any calls for Cook to leave are deeply flawed and show little understanding of the club, the state it’s in and the decay from the last 4-years, which is ironic. Anyone calling for Cook to go is part of the problem, not the solution. This is a polite way of disagreeing with a discussion that has no value on this forum.

Personally, as I’ve said before, I’m delighted we’ve not made the play-offs as we’re in no shape to go up and we now get a longer per-season. I also don’t mind if we lose the next three as long as we use the next three games to experiment and weed out the rot in the squad. Maybe look at the bigger picture and embrace it as it might get worse before it gets better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook Out on 18:16 - Apr 30 with 1610 viewsNeedhamChris

It's the hope that kills - going from no hope to lots of it when Cook was appointed only to have it dashed again sent me into a Cook Out moan!

I'm still not happy with the job Cook has done but also less reactionary than I was last week! I still think the slamming the players isn't a great look but once the summer has gone I hope I won't care and we should definitely give him the chance to build his own team. So on reflection I think I was wrong and I really hope you're all right about what we have to look forward to!

Cook Out on 18:32 - Apr 30 with 1584 viewsAJblue

Cook Out on 23:03 - Apr 20 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Do love it when posters advertise their IQ in their username.

I dont agree...... there is no decimal point

Crecy

Cook Out on 13:48 - May 1 with 1537 viewshappybeingblue

gave you an up arrow by mistake,totally disagree with this idea!
Cook Out on 13:59 - May 1 with 1504 viewsbluejacko

Just when you thought you had read it all the OP comes out with this total nonsense!
If the players couldn’t or wouldn’t react to new ideas and tactics let’s sack the manager and keep this squad after all they do believe they are the best in the league!😂
Cook Out on 14:03 - May 1 with 1477 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Cook Out on 00:38 - Apr 21 by JDB23

I'm keeping out of this.

You should meet J2.
Cook Out on 14:18 - May 1 with 1443 viewsgordon

Really expected a 'sausages and burgers cook out in the car park' bit of bantz when I clicked on this one.
Cook Out on 14:23 - May 1 with 1429 viewsThe_Major

If you're Heston Blumenthal, and only have the wrong out of date ingredients at your disposal, you're not going to create a state Banquet, are you?
Cook Out on 21:39 - Aug 17 with 1063 viewsNeedhamChris

Can’t say I’m feeling much different to be honest

Cook Out on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 895 viewsNeedhamChris

Can we get rid of Evans final mistake yet? We’ve had a week on the training ground and it doesn’t look like our kit man turned coach or any of the rest of them have made any difference.

So naive today on the management front - the midfield battle was being lost from at least 70 minutes and we didn’t do a thing to change it.

Cook Out on 17:39 - Aug 28 with 872 viewsTractorCam

Cook Out on 17:37 - Aug 28 by NeedhamChris

Can we get rid of Evans final mistake yet? We’ve had a week on the training ground and it doesn’t look like our kit man turned coach or any of the rest of them have made any difference.

So naive today on the management front - the midfield battle was being lost from at least 70 minutes and we didn’t do a thing to change it.

"Oooo look at me, I was saying Cook out last season so i'll keep bringing up this post every week".

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024