Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook Out 21:05 - Apr 20 with 5941 viewsNeedhamChris

I know I’ve gone early, but I think the owners should make the call and give a fresh start to whoever their man would really have been.

The basics are getting worse and the coaching isn’t helping. I dislike lambert a lot but the last 12 games has made me miss him. That alone is a sackable offence.

I’m not saying this is fair on Cook, but I just don’t see him as critical to the new ownership. Get someone in who wants to work in this new environment rather than one who has fallen into it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Cook Out on 21:06 - Apr 20 with 4092 viewsIpswich_Crazy

MKChris88

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Cook Out on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 4026 viewsBasuco

He has done a very good job of making Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert look like quality managers.
Cook Out on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 3983 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 21:09 - Apr 20 by Basuco

He has done a very good job of making Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert look like quality managers.

Not to mention Paul Jewell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Out on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 3935 viewsBellevueblue

yeah, no.
Cook Out on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 3903 viewsTrequartista

Cook Out on 21:09 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Not to mention Paul Jewell.

I shudder when Cook says "Let's have it right" as an admission of something poor. It's as though i've heard a scouser called Paul with previous success at Wigan say it somewhere in the past.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cook Out on 21:14 - Apr 20 with 3853 viewsCuffy81

Embarrassing

When did our fanbase turn into such utter cretins, sacking a manager after 12 games after giving him no opportunity to recruit his own personnel

Modern day football 🙄
Cook Out on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 3765 viewsSebastian

Cook is only human.
He played nice, the players didn’t react at all.
He did the opposite, no reaction, except playing even worse.

They don’t deserve to enter the field in an Ipswich shirt.
If this bunch left the club tonight, well good riddance.

They had their chance. They had many chances.
They didn’t care. Just get out.

"Oh I'm sorry buttercup, did that nasty Mr Cook point out you aren't very good? Run yourself a warm bath, I'll get the Haagen-Daaz and read you a story later." - Bobbychase

Cook Out on 21:19 - Apr 20 with 3761 viewsNeedhamChris

Cook Out on 21:14 - Apr 20 by Cuffy81

Embarrassing

When did our fanbase turn into such utter cretins, sacking a manager after 12 games after giving him no opportunity to recruit his own personnel

Modern day football 🙄

Maybe the same time you lost the ability to post a response without an insult?

I don’t trust Cook to build a whole new squad and coach them based on the last 12 games. Lambert did better.

I might be wrong, but I wasn’t devastated when there was concern he might walk and I think we could do better.

Login to get fewer ads

Cook Out on 21:19 - Apr 20 with 3758 viewsBasuco

Cook Out on 21:14 - Apr 20 by Cuffy81

Embarrassing

Modern day football 🙄

It was more embarrassing watching balls in the air to Sears and Jackson in the first half, what other manager would think this a good tactic? At some point he must surely realise that Ollie Hawkins is an obvious target man.
Cook Out on 21:20 - Apr 20 with 3732 viewsTractorCam

Yep, it's all the very successful managers fault and totally not the squad who have been underperforming for the last 3 years

Hate this fanbase.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cook Out on 21:23 - Apr 20 with 3631 viewsChurchman

Please explain how you’d motivate Holy to be a better goalkeeper. Please tell me how you could get more goals out of our useless forwards. Please enlighten me how you can make a group of mismatched, badly trained, weak and unfit players who want their easy life back. What formation is going to ‘get a tune’ out of this lot? Please tell me how much you enjoyed those consolation goals at home against Swindon while we were being beaten out of sight? Please tell me how happy you were with those home defeats against Charlton and somebody else when making their penalty area was a distant dream? We don’t need a coach, we need a mush with magic wand to do anything with these deadbeats.

The club has been run down for years. Choc full of amateurs posing as footballers. Joke scouting, medical stuff, maintenance, everything. I thought our unprofessional rabble might do a little better when Cook arrived. All they’ve done is prove what they are. Not just useless, sullen with it. By all means fire Cook. The best lower league manager out there and get in who? Lambert back? If Pep is appointed, great, but the poor bloke will still need to let go just about every senior pro, Chambers included. Comfy time is over.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:40]
Cook Out on 21:25 - Apr 20 with 3578 viewsNeedhamChris

Cook Out on 21:23 - Apr 20 by Churchman

Please explain how you’d motivate Holy to be a better goalkeeper. Please tell me how you could get more goals out of our useless forwards. Please enlighten me how you can make a group of mismatched, badly trained, weak and unfit players who want their easy life back. What formation is going to ‘get a tune’ out of this lot? Please tell me how much you enjoyed those consolation goals at home against Swindon while we were being beaten out of sight? Please tell me how happy you were with those home defeats against Charlton and somebody else when making their penalty area was a distant dream? We don’t need a coach, we need a mush with magic wand to do anything with these deadbeats.

The club has been run down for years. Choc full of amateurs posing as footballers. Joke scouting, medical stuff, maintenance, everything. I thought our unprofessional rabble might do a little better when Cook arrived. All they’ve done is prove what they are. Not just useless, sullen with it. By all means fire Cook. The best lower league manager out there and get in who? Lambert back? If Pep is appointed, great, but the poor bloke will still need to let go just about every senior pro, Chambers included. Comfy time is over.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:40]

Don’t ask me, ask Matt Gill

I don’t disagree with the end of that but that was the Evans era. We need a clean break from that and Cook should go
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:27]

Cook Out on 21:35 - Apr 20 with 3468 viewsChurchman

Cook Out on 21:25 - Apr 20 by NeedhamChris

I don’t disagree with the end of that but that was the Evans era. We need a clean break from that and Cook should go

So he’s had 12 games with Hurst and Lamberts players. 45 players, many of whom have been stealing a living for years. The nearest this lot get to putting in a shift is jostling to make it to the treatment table first.

The situation at this club is as ugly as it gets. Without change this mob will be relegated by Christmas next year. But we know the opportunity is there to ship most of this dross out and build a proper, real team. Name who is out there better qualified to do it.

If there’s no change by the end of the autumn, then I’ll criticise. Until then, the fault lies with Evans, Lambert and Hurst.
Cook Out on 21:44 - Apr 20 with 3402 viewsArnieM

OP. Prat!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cook Out on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 3380 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 21:25 - Apr 20 by NeedhamChris

Who would you replace him with?

Cook Out on 21:50 - Apr 20 with 3338 viewsSTYG

Cook Out on 21:19 - Apr 20 by NeedhamChris

Maybe the same time you lost the ability to post a response without an insult?

I don’t trust Cook to build a whole new squad and coach them based on the last 12 games. Lambert did better.

I might be wrong, but I wasn’t devastated when there was concern he might walk and I think we could do better.

You are capable of identifying the difference between these players performing for Matt Gill, when they thought they might be able to get a new contract out of the club still under a new manager that was clearly coming in and since, when Paul Cook and wealthy new owners arrived, and it was painfully clear they'd all be replaced.

Very different scenarios, which is why they have shifted from being poor, but trying their best, to poor and not even pretending to try.

The suggestion that this successful manager is to blame and not the same players that got us to our lowest position in 60 years is incredible.
Cook Out on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 3321 viewsWicklowBlue

Cook Out on 21:09 - Apr 20 by Basuco

ME missed the opportunity to back MM and push us to promotion when we were top of the Championship. Hurst came in and all the quality in the team departed, and the rest of the dross downed tools due to some tough love. PL came in and tried to get everyone back on the same page, which worked for a while and then started rotating systems, lost the changing room and ultimately ended up as a dead man walking with Gill picking the team. Cook comes in, no bounce has tried almost every formation he could, tried the positive approach with players and then the riot act and no result...in fact performances went downhill.

After Supple, Wellens, McGoldrick and Bart (no doubt others) calling out the culture within the club... I am not sure how you can expect Cook to address this within 12 games and no transfer window.

Now is the time to wrestle power back from the players and to stop the rot and rebuild. I've said it several times the players are not anywhere near the fitness levels required at this level and not being able to complete a double training session is a real indictment on the squad and lack of desire.

#rantover
Cook Out on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 3254 viewsNeedhamChris

Cook Out on 21:44 - Apr 20 by ArnieM

OP. Prat!

Thanks for engaging with such a thoughtful approach

Cook Out on 22:25 - Apr 20 with 3212 viewsSwailsey

I disagree entirely with this post.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cook Out on 22:37 - Apr 20 with 3155 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Yeah, you've gone early, way too early. The club is an absolute mess and it's all now coming to the forefront. The experienced players aren't as good as we thought and majority are past their best and youngsters likewise have been too hyped. That's just basic issues with the current squad, the majority of which will rightly be replaced. I'd like to think we'll give him until at least Oct/Nov until we start questioning his methods.

Don't let Lambert and 3 lucky wins orchastered by Gill before he left cloud your judgement.
Cook Out on 22:38 - Apr 20 with 3130 viewspointofblue

Cook Out on 21:51 - Apr 20 by WicklowBlue

ME missed the opportunity to back MM and push us to promotion when we were top of the Championship. Hurst came in and all the quality in the team departed, and the rest of the dross downed tools due to some tough love. PL came in and tried to get everyone back on the same page, which worked for a while and then started rotating systems, lost the changing room and ultimately ended up as a dead man walking with Gill picking the team. Cook comes in, no bounce has tried almost every formation he could, tried the positive approach with players and then the riot act and no result...in fact performances went downhill.

After Supple, Wellens, McGoldrick and Bart (no doubt others) calling out the culture within the club... I am not sure how you can expect Cook to address this within 12 games and no transfer window.

Now is the time to wrestle power back from the players and to stop the rot and rebuild. I've said it several times the players are not anywhere near the fitness levels required at this level and not being able to complete a double training session is a real indictment on the squad and lack of desire.

#rantover

Yes, I remember when Lambert was trying every line up and formation going to try and get something to work - we called him clueless.

Cook Out on 22:40 - Apr 20 with 3115 viewschrismakin

" don’t trust Cook to build a whole new squad"

Go and look at his time at Wigan and pompy, then come back to us

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook Out on 23:03 - Apr 20 with 3063 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Do love it when posters advertise their IQ in their username.
Cook Out on 23:06 - Apr 20 with 3048 viewsWicklowBlue

Cook Out on 22:38 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Yes, I remember when Lambert was trying every line up and formation going to try and get something to work - we called him clueless.

IIRC PL said we would be useless playing a 4-4-2...and then he tried that formation. We've seen Cooktryt he same...over the past 3 seasons if you see multiple managers try to get some level of results out of a squad without success. At what point do you point the figure at the squad....

Now is not the time to lay into Cook.
Cook Out on 23:14 - Apr 20 with 3030 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cook Out on 22:38 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Because he was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024