Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. 21:08 - Apr 20 with 7785 viewsunstableblue

... antics on the side lines are completely UNACCEPTABLE.

From the ignoring Town players walking just next to him at full time, and graphically praising Northampton players, to covering his eyes and shaking his head on an early Wolfenden mistake, to turning away and gesticulating wildly on a KVY error, etc etc.

Add this to continuous criticism in the media of the players quality!

Berating people who work for you is a motivation technique you use sparingly, its proven not to work. Humiliating them when they are on a VERY VERY low ebb of confidence is disastrous.

Plus we did not have a system to tackle their banks of players. That's the managers job.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 4424 viewsSitfcB

SUQ.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 4426 viewsbilllm

If he dosent get richardson, he won't be here long,
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 4420 viewstrncbluearmy

If he really was the new owners choice as well he is safe, but it was an evans appointment only then he may well have problems.

Anything to do with evans has always been a disaster
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:14]
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:15 - Apr 20 with 4321 viewschrismakin

Sorry unstable

Thousands, THOUSANDS of pounds per week, and you can't pass a ball 5 yards under no pressure... I'd be throwing my own abuse at them rather than holding my head in my hands

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:15 - Apr 20 with 4334 views44_not_out

Just be interested in what your reaction would be if you’ve just given a rousing ‘Escape to Victory’esq’ team talk and within 20 seconds of the restart, your centre back kicks the ball off the pitch under no pressure??

I’m guessing you were in front of your lap top clapping saying unlucky ..... give me strength
Even if as a manager you're only keeping... on 21:17 - Apr 20 with 4214 viewsunstableblue

Downes, Dobra, Wolf, Dozzell and some other in contract players....

To create the poisonous atmosphere with that group that will fester through the summer, and to not try and nurse what is a weak team to at least finish the season well.

It just seems ill judged.

Yes the team is sh!t, yes it has a disease of underperformance and insular play embedded under EVERY marcus manager

I want Cook to stay and succeed.... his persona and attitude seems off the mark currently

a good manager can get the best out of the sum of its parts... and this team are better than who we are playing against

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 4148 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

The only thing in your post that makes any sense is that the continued criticism of the players has clearly had the opposite effect to what he wanted.
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:26 - Apr 20 with 3983 viewsunstableblue

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:15 - Apr 20 by 44_not_out

Just be interested in what your reaction would be if you’ve just given a rousing ‘Escape to Victory’esq’ team talk and within 20 seconds of the restart, your centre back kicks the ball off the pitch under no pressure??

I’m guessing you were in front of your lap top clapping saying unlucky ..... give me strength

All the players on the pitch tonight are capable of a good game, and have some quality, I completely agree that they massively failed over the last few seasons,and the majority need to be moved on.... but surely the mistakes you are referring to are as a result of pressure and a complete lack of confidence??

And perhaps a lack of clarity on system? why not Hawkins instead of jackson in a 4-2-3-1? why not Dobra over Bennets?

Is this lack of confidence and WOEFUL player form not in part instilled by the manager's attitude, surely it is? as you rightly state the players are failing at the basics, but its fine margins, and the atmosphere is not right.

And its not just the young players, chambo was making woeful errors against AFC frickin Wimbledon

Login to get fewer ads

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 3946 viewsDinnernotTea

Not sure if you have kids but let's say your kids were really naughty for 8 weeks solid and especially Saturdays in public. Would you not tell them off?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 3930 viewschrismakin

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:18 - Apr 20 by King_ding_a_lin_g

The only thing in your post that makes any sense is that the continued criticism of the players has clearly had the opposite effect to what he wanted.

Then what?

He came in, hugged them all, nothing changed
went down the confidence route, nothing changed
said they just need help, nothing changed

what else can PC do?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:29 - Apr 20 with 3893 viewsistanblue

Oh ffs get off your high horse. These players are a bunch of wasters for the most part and being called out in the press is entirely warranted. If they can't take it then get out.
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 3824 viewsunstableblue

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:15 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

Sorry unstable

Thousands, THOUSANDS of pounds per week, and you can't pass a ball 5 yards under no pressure... I'd be throwing my own abuse at them rather than holding my head in my hands

Yes I completely get that...

Some of tonight was just basic basic technique

And that is down to the players and they have to be able to handle the pressure, they have to deliver. Yes it is mainly THEIR responsibility - but the system they are playing in, the instruciton they have AND the MOTIVATION they feel is critical

SO people are missing my point, does the manager visibly berating them,
digging them out from the side of the pitch, ignoring at full time week in week out HELP them perform.
NO!!!

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:37 - Apr 20 with 3682 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:27 - Apr 20 by chrismakin

Then what?

He came in, hugged them all, nothing changed
went down the confidence route, nothing changed
said they just need help, nothing changed

what else can PC do?

There have been things said that were best kept to himself.
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:39 - Apr 20 with 3650 viewsunstableblue

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:27 - Apr 20 by DinnernotTea

Not sure if you have kids but let's say your kids were really naughty for 8 weeks solid and especially Saturdays in public. Would you not tell them off?

Well you're sort of proving my point!

Yes I would definitely tell them off for behaving badly, immediately. Then I'd encourage and reward better behaviour. But critically i'd trying and talk them about why their a naughtiness was sh!t.

It is absolutely 100% proven that shouting at kids continually, being over emotive with them, not communicating them effectively is b@llox and ineffective.

Has Cook's throw them completely under the bus worked in the games he's been in charge??

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:43 - Apr 20 with 3564 viewsitfctilidie

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:39 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

Well you're sort of proving my point!

Yes I would definitely tell them off for behaving badly, immediately. Then I'd encourage and reward better behaviour. But critically i'd trying and talk them about why their a naughtiness was sh!t.

It is absolutely 100% proven that shouting at kids continually, being over emotive with them, not communicating them effectively is b@llox and ineffective.

Has Cook's throw them completely under the bus worked in the games he's been in charge??

awww stop shouting at the bunch of professional men who are stealing a living from our football club. Stop being mean to the players bless them they shouldnt get shouted at.

Do give over!
UPDATE - a good 'rash statementless' presser from Cook there on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 3533 viewsunstableblue

Fair play Paul - that was the right approach to tonight's press conference

Good to call out Dozzell and Edwards

Now get your hands round the players, get some belief into the team, give a system that works - AND GET A FECKIN WIN AND SOME GOALS

This is shambolic

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 3522 views44_not_out

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:26 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

All the players on the pitch tonight are capable of a good game, and have some quality, I completely agree that they massively failed over the last few seasons,and the majority need to be moved on.... but surely the mistakes you are referring to are as a result of pressure and a complete lack of confidence??

And perhaps a lack of clarity on system? why not Hawkins instead of jackson in a 4-2-3-1? why not Dobra over Bennets?

Is this lack of confidence and WOEFUL player form not in part instilled by the manager's attitude, surely it is? as you rightly state the players are failing at the basics, but its fine margins, and the atmosphere is not right.

And its not just the young players, chambo was making woeful errors against AFC frickin Wimbledon

Not being able to complete a 10 yard pass has nothing to do with pressure!

Pressure is not being able to provide food for your family. These last 5 games are a free hit and we’ve bottled it already. Stop saying pressure...... please
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 3516 viewsitfcjoe

It's childlike and does him no favours - some of these players will be here next year and he'll have to regain some of their respect to be a success here.

Lack of class being shown

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

UPDATE - a good 'rash statementless' presser from Cook there on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 3478 viewsTractorCam

UPDATE - a good 'rash statementless' presser from Cook there on 21:45 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

Fair play Paul - that was the right approach to tonight's press conference

Good to call out Dozzell and Edwards

Now get your hands round the players, get some belief into the team, give a system that works - AND GET A FECKIN WIN AND SOME GOALS

This is shambolic

And if he doesn't, get him the hell out of here this is not acceptable he is awful!

Just kidding of course, it means nothing. New squad next season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

He can destroy them in the dressing room after a match.. on 21:47 - Apr 20 with 3461 viewsunstableblue

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:43 - Apr 20 by itfctilidie

awww stop shouting at the bunch of professional men who are stealing a living from our football club. Stop being mean to the players bless them they shouldnt get shouted at.

Do give over!

... he can scream at them the next day after training

But to rinse them out over and over again in the media, to bemoan and undermine from the touchline and during the game.... for me it doesn't work

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 3438 viewsitfctilidie

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:46 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

It's childlike and does him no favours - some of these players will be here next year and he'll have to regain some of their respect to be a success here.

Lack of class? We just got stuffed by Northampton Town....yes Northampton Town
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:49 - Apr 20 with 3394 viewsTractorCam

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:46 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

The players need to earn our respect first before daring to take the high ground on a successful manager.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:50]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

He can destroy them in the dressing room after a match.. on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 3361 viewsitfctilidie

He can destroy them in the dressing room after a match.. on 21:47 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

... he can scream at them the next day after training

But to rinse them out over and over again in the media, to bemoan and undermine from the touchline and during the game.... for me it doesn't work

Fair enough I do get where you are coming from. However these players were mollycoddled for far too long and they deserve everything they are getting from Cook at the minute. None of them have shown up for him and have shown they really don't care.

However the best thing Cook can do now is not pick any of them. Just play the U23s and give them experience
I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:57 - Apr 20 with 3291 viewsunstableblue

Exactly Joe.

Clearly Cook will have come in and seen he has an underperforming team, that was miles off what he wants. But he had a short window to try and get something from it, AND as you state to develop a relationship with players who are staying and to get them embedded into your style.

But if you're a player like Wolfenden or Downes you are going to look at those sideline antics and just think - WTF?

Now a big question is why is Downes performing so poorly of late? is he injured? or is he just not bought into the coaching? because surely we can't bring in 11 players, and Downes is a player to build a team from.

To finish thought Joe - Cook's presser tonight showed some class, and was the right antidote, and the players will note that. And I bet you Cook is feeling he has overdone it recently.

But feck me, this is a new low, when I thought we couldn't get any lower. Cook needs to get his arms round the players and squeeze some wins before the end of the season. End of season woes often carry over the summer.

I am keen to back Cook, and I like much of what he says - tonight's child-like.. on 21:58 - Apr 20 with 3269 viewsTrequartista

If any of these players are still here and are going to lose respect for Cook, who hasn't named a single individual in public, after this run of absolutely shameful performances then we can pay their contracts up now.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024