Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine a Magilton character in this squad 21:17 - Apr 20 with 690 viewsBellevueblue

he would be seething every match and this is one of the biggest issues.

Not one of those players really cares
Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:17 - Apr 20 with 683 viewsSwansea_Blue

He'd have blown up and nutted (allegedly) everyone of his teammates by now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:19 - Apr 20 with 659 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook has already alluded to the idea that the Town players don't care enough. That's why many of them will be on their way.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 614 viewsDarth_Koont

Don’t really believe that. I never see a lack of effort or desire, I see a group of players who’ve lost belief in themselves or failing that the team itself.

The problem is so much bigger than what any player or their attitude can change. Let’s be honest, there is no player who is standing out here, good or bad– everyone’s being dragged to the same level.

I think getting to the end of the season can’t come soon enough for Cook to start the overhaul and for the remaining players to start looking forward for once.

Pronouns: He/Him

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:37 - Apr 20 with 547 viewsBellevueblue

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:27 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

Don’t really believe that. I never see a lack of effort or desire, I see a group of players who’ve lost belief in themselves or failing that the team itself.

The problem is so much bigger than what any player or their attitude can change. Let’s be honest, there is no player who is standing out here, good or bad– everyone’s being dragged to the same level.

I think getting to the end of the season can’t come soon enough for Cook to start the overhaul and for the remaining players to start looking forward for once.

How often do you hear a player shouting or encouraging others?

I agree the problem is bigger than a single player and there is no belie but I don't think there is a single player trying to drag others up or lead by example. Magilton was amazing for that.

I hope Cook brings in some of that character in the summer (if they still exist in modern football)
Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 521 viewsDarth_Koont

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:37 - Apr 20 by Bellevueblue

How often do you hear a player shouting or encouraging others?

I agree the problem is bigger than a single player and there is no belie but I don't think there is a single player trying to drag others up or lead by example. Magilton was amazing for that.

I hope Cook brings in some of that character in the summer (if they still exist in modern football)

Maybe. I just doubt that based on all the different players we’ve had over the last few years. If a certain player attitude would change us then we’d have seen signs of it more.

Personally, I think the problem is that the team has been unbalanced and shapeless for far too long and players don’t feel comfortable in their roles. Sort that out and then there’ll be something to build on.

It certainly wouldn’t go amiss to have a Magilton type keeping things ticking over in a well working, well-balanced team. Not sure it would even be a positive in the current one.

Pronouns: He/Him

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:53 - Apr 20 with 503 viewsitfcjoe

I loved Jim as a player and character, but where was he and the other big voices we had when we just drifted to relegation to start this terrible journey in 01/02?

People look back at their good times through rose tinted specs, where was he at Bolton away when we got hammered? ITFC teams throughout the years have put in limp performances when it matters

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:02 - Apr 20 with 478 viewsRadlett_blue

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 21:53 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

I loved Jim as a player and character, but where was he and the other big voices we had when we just drifted to relegation to start this terrible journey in 01/02?

People look back at their good times through rose tinted specs, where was he at Bolton away when we got hammered? ITFC teams throughout the years have put in limp performances when it matters

In fairness to Jim, he was rarely fully fit in that disastrous season & only started 16 Premier League games.

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:07 - Apr 20 with 463 viewsTrequartista

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:02 - Apr 20 by Radlett_blue

In fairness to Jim, he was rarely fully fit in that disastrous season & only started 16 Premier League games.

True, Peralta took his place and was decent. It was primarily Matt Holland and several of the other players living off the back of the previous season that went missing. But Sereni and Finidi took all the blame.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:10 - Apr 20 with 448 viewsstonojnr

and wasnt even in the team picked for that game...
Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:11 - Apr 20 with 442 viewsitfcjoe

He couldn't get himself into the team even when fit though, when you'd have thought a character like him when we were sliding would have been making an irrefutable case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:20 - Apr 20 with 396 viewsRadlett_blue

Imagine a Magilton character in this squad on 22:11 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

He couldn't get himself into the team even when fit though, when you'd have thought a character like him when we were sliding would have been making an irrefutable case

Jim's form wasn't great but I think that was partly down to him rarely being 100% fit. Some of Gb's selections that season were increasingly puzzling, but we have bigger issues right now & being relegated from the Premier League on the last day almost seems like a highlight, given what has gone on in the 20 subsequent years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024