Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After the events of the last few days in football 21:37 - Apr 20 with 265 viewsSTYG

You'd like to think that it serves to emphasise the need for people to really think things through, but instead there are still people calling for Paul Cook's head or taking the points return under him, much worse than Lambert, out of context.

What do you expect from the guy?

Almost every single player in a blue shirt in the last few games, since the takeover was announced, knows they likely won't be here next season. None of them want to get injured and risk being out of a work and unable to earn a living.

They are going through the motions. They'll pass the ball but nobody is putting their body in where it hurts, nobody is putting in a tackle, nobody is taking any sort of risk. It's blatantly obvious that they can't wait to move on themselves and they have no interest in risking anything for the club.

Does Cook tell them not to mark from set pieces? Does he tell them to miss open goals? Does he tell them to leave the net unguarded and pass straight to the opposition?

It is quite worrying that people genuinely believe Cook can do any more than what he is doing. Do people genuinely believe a competent manager who has had success everywhere he has been, comes into this club and suddenly loses the ability to coach players and that this talented group of committed players is somehow worse for following his instructions?

You could actually here, when he first joined, him having to tell professional footballers to do the basics, to which they just ignored him.

Shame on anyone calling for his head. Absolutely laughable to take this group as anything other than what they are. Below par when they were trying and now they have completely and utterly given up and should be ashamed of themselves that, under contract, they are insulting the club, the fans and themselves but going through the motions week in week out. 500 hours without a goal is not a coincidence. It's the reward for the players not even bothering and I for one am delighted that Cook isn't insulting our intelligence trying to defend any of them.
After the events of the last few days in football on 21:52 - Apr 20 with 219 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"They are going through the motions. They'll pass the ball but nobody is putting their body in where it hurts, nobody is putting in a tackle, nobody is taking any sort of risk. It's blatantly obvious that they can't wait to move on themselves and they have no interest in risking anything for the club."

...if they are as mentally as weak as you suggest, I certainly wouldn't sign them if I was managing another club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

After the events of the last few days in football on 21:59 - Apr 20 with 205 viewsSTYG

After the events of the last few days in football on 21:52 - Apr 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

"They are going through the motions. They'll pass the ball but nobody is putting their body in where it hurts, nobody is putting in a tackle, nobody is taking any sort of risk. It's blatantly obvious that they can't wait to move on themselves and they have no interest in risking anything for the club."

...if they are as mentally as weak as you suggest, I certainly wouldn't sign them if I was managing another club.

I sincerely hope that most of these end up in League Two or below (I wouldn't wish any of them to be without clubs).

But if I was a manager of another club, looking to sign an out of contract player from this lot, I'd be on the phone to Cook (a respected manager) asking for a reference. I cant imagine anything he would say would make me want to take a punt on them.

There will be a wealth of players out of contract, with COVID and because of the level we are at. Clubs will cut costs by having smaller squads and look for value for money signings.

I am stunned that these players are not even bothering to play for their futures and careers. Cook could be the most ineffective man manager ever and you'd still expect more from these players to win a contract here or impress other managers but they are absolutely pathetic to the point that KVY and Bishop (neither of whom can stay particularly fit) would be the only players I'd be sad to leave. I'd have included Downes until a month ago, but genuinely think with the backing we will have we can realistically do better.

These players remind me of a guy I used to work with at his Dad's company. Did absolutely nothing, even when given a kick up the backside, because he knew he didn't need to.

Some of this lot are going to get to August without a club and it'll be of their own making. The rest will likely be a hell of a lot worse off financially where they end up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024