Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January 22:52 - Apr 20 with 955 viewsBluearmy71

Most of us were calling for it to happen and the mistake of not giving PC a chance to get some players in, in that window is costing us now, yes he'd probably had no money to spend but at least he could have gotten his own loan players in that could play in his team!

I sit and watch us at the moment and feel numb inside, its a horrible feeling!!
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 22:58 - Apr 20 with 916 viewsHARRY10

You really think the problems are merely a lack of a few loan players ?
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 22:59 - Apr 20 with 909 viewsBlueBadger

He should have sacked him March 2019. He couldn't instils some fight into these losers then and he spent the following two years doubling down on indulging and cosseting them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:02 - Apr 20 with 904 viewsBluearmy71

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 22:58 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

No, but it would have been helpful to the cause for a new manager to have some players in the team of his own choosing rather than being left with someone else's choice!
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:08 - Apr 20 with 891 viewsHARRY10

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:02 - Apr 20 by Bluearmy71

No, but it would have been helpful to the cause for a new manager to have some players in the team of his own choosing rather than being left with someone else's choice!

Evans turned the club into a Robin Reliant

Blaming the driver is rather missing the point
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 884 viewsBluearmy71

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:08 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

Evans turned the club into a Robin Reliant

Blaming the driver is rather missing the point

You do get that the main point of my post was yet another mistake by the then owner of the club, right??
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 881 viewswkj

Yep, typical Marcus - when he makes the right decisions, he does so way too late.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 00:12 - Apr 21 with 813 viewsHARRY10

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 23:13 - Apr 20 by Bluearmy71

You do get that the main point of my post was yet another mistake by the then owner of the club, right??

No, your point suggests that somehow things would be different/better had yout thought happened. It would not.

For my part I suspect Lamberts going was connected to the sale of the club, as was the appointment of Cook, rather than any delayed decision on Evans part.

As said, Evans has screwed our club over through a combination of incompetence and indifference. We are where we are at the minute because of Evans 13 years of gross mismanagement, and no 'tweaks' in January would have made any noticeable difference
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 00:28 - Apr 21 with 795 viewsRyorry

He should never, ever, have given him a 5-year contract - what idiot owner has ever done that - who did ME think Lambert was - SAF? Arsene Wenger?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 07:40 - Apr 21 with 724 viewsBluearmy71

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 00:12 - Apr 21 by HARRY10

No, your point suggests that somehow things would be different/better had yout thought happened. It would not.

For my part I suspect Lamberts going was connected to the sale of the club, as was the appointment of Cook, rather than any delayed decision on Evans part.

As said, Evans has screwed our club over through a combination of incompetence and indifference. We are where we are at the minute because of Evans 13 years of gross mismanagement, and no 'tweaks' in January would have made any noticeable difference

You are in as much of position to say a few of his own players wouldn't have made any difference as "apparently" I'm saying they would.

The main point is the fact that a new manager could have picked players of his own choosing had he been given that transfer window and imo that was a mistake yet again from ME to not appoint him earlier than he did ( PC was well rumoured from good sources to be PL's replacement) in time to do so, would they have made a difference....we will never know!!

I don't think you will find any Town fan not agreeing that our position is because of 13 years of gross mismanagement and no one feels the utter pain and humiliation of his incompetence than us Ipswich Town supporters!!

Roll on next season when a new era in our history commences.
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 08:32 - Apr 21 with 701 viewsRegencyBlue

I don’t think Evans intended to sack Lambert on his watch at all.

I think he intended to leave that to the new owners but was forced to give Lambert the sack once Lambert started openly criticising him and how the club was run in public. Getting rid of Lambert in January was never on the table.
This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 613 viewschrismakin

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 22:58 - Apr 20 by HARRY10

It could have gone very differently

I don't think PC would have got rid of Donacien, I think we would have seen him at RB with Chambers next to Toto

Cook would have then been able to see that we don't have a raft of options in the final third, so he could have gone and used the loan market properly rather than a Parrott who struggled at Millwall, Harrop whos best known for set pieces only rather than playing ability
Possibly an upgrade on the likes of Thomas

But also, possibly he could have had the opportunity bring in some of this wigan players on loan until end of season who were/are coming out of contract

All these things he didn't have the opportunity to do and that was suicidal from Evans.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This is exactly why ME should have sacked PL in the 1st week of January on 14:38 - Apr 21 with 578 viewsHARRY10

So this has now slipped to possibilities, that might have happened had Cook being appointed - based on some wild assumption that the lack of funds that saw such poor signings would not have continued, but been replaced by an increase in funding.

If it is the case that Cook is unable to motivate this squad then why would it be different now ?

There appears to be something that happened around the time of Lambert's sacking. Something that has triggered a massive drop in player performance, Maybe it will come out at some point - but the idea the rot within the club could have been addressed by sacking Lambert earlier is patently absurd, and ignores the real cause of that rot.

Evans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024