Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chauvin verdict... 00:01 - Apr 21 with 1067 viewsmonytowbray

This hits home hard.

A reminder justice isn’t free nor fair unless we force it to be by speaking up when needed.

Hope this case opens the floodgates for a few previous “mistrials”.

PS. Shout out to the Middle Class White Boys.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 0:04]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Chauvin verdict... on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 1050 viewsBlueBadger

The Root this evening.

Normally they're pretty irreverent and jokey.

https://www.theroot.com/jury-finds-derek-chauvin-guilty-of-all-3-counts-in-the-1

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chauvin verdict... on 06:37 - Apr 21 with 906 viewsbluelagos

You mean the police lied through their teeth over the circumstances of how they killed someone?

That would never happen here, never...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25776826
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:05]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Chauvin verdict... on 12:13 - Apr 22 with 718 viewsmonytowbray

Chauvin verdict... on 06:37 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

You mean the police lied through their teeth over the circumstances of how they killed someone?

That would never happen here, never...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25776826
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:05]

Yes but Bad Apples.

TWTD never forgets…

Chauvin verdict... on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 708 viewsSpruceMoose

Chauvin verdict... on 12:13 - Apr 22 by monytowbray

Yes but Bad Apples.

Can we change this phrase to "The one good apple gets eaten or quickly goes rotten"?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chauvin verdict... on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 696 viewsfooters

Chauvin verdict... on 12:15 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

Can we change this phrase to "The one good apple gets eaten or quickly goes rotten"?

I'm still curious to hear what Robbie12345 objected to about his sentencing. Still nothing though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Chauvin verdict... on 12:19 - Apr 22 with 686 viewsmonytowbray

Chauvin verdict... on 12:17 - Apr 22 by footers

I'm still curious to hear what Robbie12345 objected to about his sentencing. Still nothing though.

This gif is now my reply to everything.

TWTD never forgets…

Chauvin verdict... on 15:11 - Apr 22 with 521 viewsRobbie12345

Chauvin verdict... on 12:17 - Apr 22 by footers

Just seen you wanted me to comment on this, so here you go. Firstly, did you watch the full trial or have you based your opinion off media reports and/or the video? It is undoubtedly, absolutely vital for the future of the American Justice System for everyone to be given a fair trial, whoever they are, regardless of ethnicity, and for the correct outcome to be reached, whatever that might be.

IMO the evidence provided (such as those stated below) showed Chauvin was guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter but did not prove 2nd degree murder and definitely not 3rd degree (which wasn’t relevant to the case) BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. This will go down as one of the most, if not the most, high profile race/racism related police murder of modern times, when there was no race/racism evidence whatsoever was provided by the prosecution.

I understand the emotion behind it, but the evidence proved that Chauvin was not on his neck for the vast majority of the time, instead his upper back/shoulder, that Chauvin did not have his full body weight on George Floyd due to almost always having both his feet on the ground (even if you could argue any weight is too much), the fact no damage was caused to George Floyd whatsoever by Chauvin, as would have been expected (eg. bruising), that George Floyd was more than 3 times the lethal level of Fentanyl, that he said he couldn’t breath multiple times whilst sitting in the police car, that he asked to be taken out of the car and that was why he was put onto the floor, that Chauvin was permitted by Minneapolis police procedures to use more force that he did, such as more brutal holds and a taser, (although I believe their procedures should be changed), and the impacts/influences caused by the rioting that the jury had to travel through each day.

Was Chauvin excessively neglectful, yes, should he have turned George Floyd over and gave him medical treatment the second George Floyd became even a little unresponsive, yes, did Chauvin contribute to his death, almost definitely, but is there REASONABLE DOUBT caused from the evidence I have stated (and other evidence I can add if you wish) that he was not the sole reason for the death of George Floyd? Absolutely. It would be unsurprising if the appeal is successful, hence the 8 week break before sentencing, due to people like Maxine Waters and Biden getting involved who have potentially jeopardised the case for the prosecution, but think he will at least keep the 2nd degree manslaughter. We will see what happens.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024