Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KVY's miss last night 09:05 - Apr 21 with 1126 viewsSteve_M

There was so much wrong yesterday but if that goes in, and he really couldn't have failed to score with his left foot, then the second half might have been very different.

It was truly awful.

I'm not convinced KVY is up to playing twice a week at the moment, looked a bit sluggish through quite a lot of last night. I'm still cautious about us overplaying him and would rather he be fir for August.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

KVY's miss last night on 09:06 - Apr 21 with 1093 viewsStokieBlue

The fact that our RB was in a position to actually miss is promising though. Not something we have seen much this season. He also got forward well on a few other occasions as well.

I actually thought he linked up well with Bennetts but given the small Bennetts pile-on last night perhaps I misjudged it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

KVY's miss last night on 09:11 - Apr 21 with 1038 viewsFixed_It

The local radio commentators had him as our best player last night.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Whilst in principle you are correct.... on 09:14 - Apr 21 with 1018 viewsBloots

KVY's miss last night on 09:06 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

The fact that our RB was in a position to actually miss is promising though. Not something we have seen much this season. He also got forward well on a few other occasions as well.

I actually thought he linked up well with Bennetts but given the small Bennetts pile-on last night perhaps I misjudged it.

SB

....the fact that we consider a full back getting the chance to miss an open goal as a positive, just shows how desperate we are.

It's laughable really.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

KVY's miss last night on 09:14 - Apr 21 with 1014 viewsSteve_M

SB

Yes, and overall him being back is a rare positive. Agree on Bennetts, his final ball is still wayward but thought he was ok last night - one ball in particular to KVY on the overlap was very good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

KVY's miss last night on 09:18 - Apr 21 with 970 viewsdirtyboy

KVY's miss last night on 09:14 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

Yes, and overall him being back is a rare positive. Agree on Bennetts, his final ball is still wayward but thought he was ok last night - one ball in particular to KVY on the overlap was very good.

Bennetts shouldn't get another game though, we're out of contention (although not mathematically) time to give the youngsters a shot plus the few that he intends to keep.
KVY's miss last night on 09:20 - Apr 21 with 970 viewsitfcjoe

As badly as we are doing we aren't - in foreign manager lexicon - getting the 'moments' of the game working in our favour.

Sears heading hitting bar and going out, and the KVY miss on back of a good start to half - just popped the balloon of yesterday's attempted comeback

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

KVY's miss last night on 09:22 - Apr 21 with 940 viewsBluefish

It was our only shot on target. Let's celebrate it as our best moment

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

KVY's miss last night on 09:23 - Apr 21 with 941 viewsKropotkin123

SB

I don't know about that. Chambers scored a cracker. Goal of the season potentially. Right back is probably our best covered area on the pitch and has been most of the season. I hope and expect KVY to be kept.

Chambers has scored 3 from that position from 39. For context Jackson has scored 1 from 23. Drinan 1 from 22, Hawkins 1 from 21. So those strikers have 3 from 66 combined.

Source: bbc

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

KVY's miss last night on 09:25 - Apr 21 with 927 viewsStokieBlue

KVY's miss last night on 09:23 - Apr 21 by Kropotkin123

I don't know about that. Chambers scored a cracker. Goal of the season potentially. Right back is probably our best covered area on the pitch and has been most of the season. I hope and expect KVY to be kept.

Chambers has scored 3 from that position from 39. For context Jackson has scored 1 from 23. Drinan 1 from 22, Hawkins 1 from 21. So those strikers have 3 from 66 combined.

I was careful to say "not much of" rather that "nothing" as Chambers did do well at the start of the season.

However after a very good start he (with the rest of the team) became far less effective. I also believe apart from the excellent volley the other goals were headers from corners?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

KVY's miss last night on 09:26 - Apr 21 with 918 viewsHarry_Palmer

SB

Agreed, I actually thought Bennetts was ok last night. Yes his final ball was poor at times but he was getting into decent positions and affecting the game.

Not for the first time in recent matches we actually became less effective when we made the substitutions. For all the fanfare about Dobra, he was disappointing again for me when he came on.
KVY's miss last night on 09:26 - Apr 21 with 919 viewsNthQldITFC

Those stats; strewth!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yeah but haven't you heard..... on 09:29 - Apr 21 with 891 viewsBloots

....everything is Chambers' fault.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Yeah but haven't you heard..... on 09:43 - Apr 21 with 849 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah but haven't you heard..... on 09:29 - Apr 21 by Bloots

....everything is Chambers' fault.

I want to have better players than Chambers, as he is way past his best. But it is embarrassing that he is easily our player of the season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

KVY's miss last night on 10:03 - Apr 21 with 780 viewsThe_Last_Baron

KVY's miss last night on 09:11 - Apr 21 by Fixed_It

The local radio commentators had him as our best player last night.

He's our best player by a mile.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Yeah but haven't you heard..... on 10:57 - Apr 21 with 656 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah but haven't you heard..... on 09:43 - Apr 21 by Kropotkin123

I want to have better players than Chambers, as he is way past his best. But it is embarrassing that he is easily our player of the season.

In all fairness, he's our only proven Championship standard player.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

KVY's miss last night on 11:02 - Apr 21 with 631 viewsArnoldMoorhen

KVY's miss last night on 09:25 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

I was careful to say "not much of" rather that "nothing" as Chambers did do well at the start of the season.

However after a very good start he (with the rest of the team) became far less effective. I also believe apart from the excellent volley the other goals were headers from corners?

SB

If Jackson, Drinan, Hawkins or Sears ever feel like scoring a header from a corner to make it a fair comparison, then they are free to do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024