Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, 09:51 - Apr 21 with 1115 viewsartsbossbeard

please?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 1081 viewsHighgateBlue

You're asking the wrong people. This is the lot that wanted to get rid of Mick McCarthy out of childish boredom and some desire to see revenge against a massively out-performing manager who hadn't managed to take us up.

It can't possibly get any worse in league one, we'll tear it up, 100 goals, 100 points, no more hoofball, blah blah blah.

Where does this road lead? We shall see. But two recent staging posts on the journey have been:

Let's get rid of Lambert, it can't possibly get any worse...

Let's get rid of Evans, it can't possibly get any worse...
Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 1064 viewsBarneycurley

BCWYWF

😁

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 1036 viewsBluefish

The football was sh*t apparently

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 1012 viewspointofblue

You can for a bit - but any fanbase will soon get bored of same old same old year after year. Eventually every club needs to try and make a step forward to keep the fans interested and enthused; look how our attendances dwindled for a spell in the late 90s despite Burley building a squad for promotion.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsBent_double

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:40 - Apr 21 with 970 viewsJ2BLUE

History is being rewritten about the MM era by both sides. The outers deny it was ever good under him and say the football was always 100% dire. The inners want to pretend that everything was wonderful and seem to willingly overlook the fact we were heading for disaster at ST renewal time and the relationship between the manager and a chunk of supporters was irreparable (yes it was, with a few exceptions, because that chunk of fans were a bit simple).

If Evans had acted in December and given Cook a transfer window who knows what would have happened?

Then again, maybe Evans would still be here...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 923 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’d rather have my “challenging for the title and a European place” status back thanks.

Settling for mid table mediocrity would have resulted in a slow and painful death rather than the bullet in the head we got under Hurst. But the outcome would have been the same.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 20:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 909 viewsKeaneish

It’s the ambition in you I’d admire the most.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:13 - Apr 21 with 860 viewsartsbossbeard

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:52 - Apr 21 by Keaneish

It’s the ambition in you I’d admire the most.

*checks current league, league position, goals scored & goals conceded stats*

Yey! Ambition!

Oh, hang on. I think we've won the possession stats cup. *twirls scarf above head*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:29 - Apr 21 with 798 viewsMattinLondon

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 10:10 - Apr 21 by HighgateBlue

You're asking the wrong people. This is the lot that wanted to get rid of Mick McCarthy out of childish boredom and some desire to see revenge against a massively out-performing manager who hadn't managed to take us up.

It can't possibly get any worse in league one, we'll tear it up, 100 goals, 100 points, no more hoofball, blah blah blah.

Where does this road lead? We shall see. But two recent staging posts on the journey have been:

Let's get rid of Lambert, it can't possibly get any worse...

Let's get rid of Evans, it can't possibly get any worse...

Mick was picking up a very good wage with the chief purpose of simply keeping the team rolling by and hoping, by sheer fluke, that we somehow get promoted. He was complicit in allowing the team to stand almost still and allowing most teams to past us.

The football was awful, the fact that we are in a worse under different managers, is beside the point. It’s all down to the sheer incompetence of Evans.

The numbskulls who whine one about Mick should simply grow up.
Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:35 - Apr 21 with 777 viewsrickw

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:29 - Apr 21 by MattinLondon

Mick was picking up a very good wage with the chief purpose of simply keeping the team rolling by and hoping, by sheer fluke, that we somehow get promoted. He was complicit in allowing the team to stand almost still and allowing most teams to past us.

The football was awful, the fact that we are in a worse under different managers, is beside the point. It’s all down to the sheer incompetence of Evans.

The numbskulls who whine one about Mick should simply grow up.

Agree with this completely
Why can't we hope for better than dull football in the bottom half of the Championship?
Evans and McCarthy had settled for that, however I didn't want to be bored in the Championship and I certainly didn't want to be dismayed by incompetent football in League 1!

They are not the only two options - we have to all keep striving for better, and I think the new owners and manager agree.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 746 viewsMattinLondon

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:35 - Apr 21 by rickw

Agree with this completely
Why can't we hope for better than dull football in the bottom half of the Championship?
Evans and McCarthy had settled for that, however I didn't want to be bored in the Championship and I certainly didn't want to be dismayed by incompetent football in League 1!

They are not the only two options - we have to all keep striving for better, and I think the new owners and manager agree.

For full clarity, Mick initially did an amazing job and the football was direct but still attacking in nature. But over time it became what it was...appalling. If you want Mick to sort out your club then he’s the man. Two seasons with him won’t do long term damage and the club will be better for it.

Anything more than two or three seasons and the next couple or so managers will really struggle.
Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 729 viewsrickw

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 11:42 - Apr 21 by MattinLondon

For full clarity, Mick initially did an amazing job and the football was direct but still attacking in nature. But over time it became what it was...appalling. If you want Mick to sort out your club then he’s the man. Two seasons with him won’t do long term damage and the club will be better for it.

Anything more than two or three seasons and the next couple or so managers will really struggle.

I can't deny that - I really enjoyed the play-off season, especially the first half.
I just think with every setback he went more defensive which ended with us playing 5-3-2 with 2-3 holding midfielders!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 12:53 - Apr 21 with 638 viewssotd78

No!
It was boring, boring, boring. So boring in fact that it is boring to keep saying it was boring.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Can I have my "being bored mid-table championship status" back, on 12:54 - Apr 21 with 633 viewschrismakin

Can we go back and not hire hurst?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024