Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern based Blues 09:51 - Apr 21 with 6444 viewsitfcpaul

I was just wondering where *up north" anyone on here lived and if you managed to get to any home or away games?

We are based in Doncaster and (try to) get to the vast majority of home and away games, unless they are home midweek games, as that would mean getting back extremely early in the morning

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Northern based Blues on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 2649 viewsKeno

I lived up north once, it was a bit cold, bleak and desolate

then back South from Wisbech

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Northern based Blues on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 2631 viewsSaleAway

I'm based in South Manchester - I try to get to away games in the north-west or yorkshire, but very rarely make the trip back to Portman Road

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Northern based Blues on 10:09 - Apr 21 with 2558 viewsBluefish

I'm in Derby ingo to most away games and a few home each season.......wel I used to anyway

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Northern based Blues on 11:04 - Apr 21 with 2544 viewsLesta_Tractor

Does Melton Mowbray count as 'up north'?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Northern based Blues on 12:03 - Apr 21 with 2462 viewsWeWereZombies

I don't think any of the replies so far have a concept of what North is.

Isle of Skye - not been to a game for years, after all it is a thirteen hundred mile round trip - but that's not the reason.

Waiting to be one upped by noggin...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Northern based Blues on 12:10 - Apr 21 with 2479 viewsRyorry

North Yorkshire.

Used to get to most away games between the Wirral - Hull; & Newcastle - Doncaster, but age, increasing dislike of driving in the dark, and the various friends who either came with or gave lifts having lost interest in watching ITFC, sadly, means I've rarely been in recent years, even before the pandemic.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Northern based Blues on 12:13 - Apr 21 with 2462 viewsKeno

Northern based Blues on 12:03 - Apr 21 by WeWereZombies

I don't think any of the replies so far have a concept of what North is.

Isle of Skye - not been to a game for years, after all it is a thirteen hundred mile round trip - but that's not the reason.

Waiting to be one upped by noggin...

euphemism of the day award - Waiting to be one upped by noggin...

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Northern based Blues on 12:15 - Apr 21 with 2459 viewsDanTheMan

Nottingham, get to away games when life doesn't get in the way. Would like to get to more home!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Northern based Blues on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 2455 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 12:10 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

North Yorkshire.

Used to get to most away games between the Wirral - Hull; & Newcastle - Doncaster, but age, increasing dislike of driving in the dark, and the various friends who either came with or gave lifts having lost interest in watching ITFC, sadly, means I've rarely been in recent years, even before the pandemic.

Keep us in mind if there is an away game you want to go to up here, sometimes we have space in the car, depending on whether we have our kids with us to the game, if not there's always a space for you

It might mean getting there early and leaving a little before the end of the game, due to my wife's disabilities and things we have to put in place for her to attend, but as long as you can put up with that the offer is there, when we can again, of course

Whereabouts in NY are you?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Northern based Blues on 12:19 - Apr 21 with 2446 viewsMetal_Hacker

You already know me anyway but yep over the motorway from your in Sheffield

Past few years (being polite) not had the desire to visit games , the last being Rotherham away with the step Son in one of Paul Hurst's first games

Needless to say that knocked the stuffing out of me and the step Son has continued supporting Arsenal for some strange reason

Poll: If it were one or the other

Northern based Blues (n/t) on 12:19 - Apr 21 with 2449 viewsMerseyBlue

I made my way up to Liverpool for uni in the mid-2000s and couldn't escape.

I try to get to about 10-15 games a season, mostly away but I do try to get to the first and last game of the season, Boxing Day and an FA Cup game at home.

Not been so easy since we dropped down as the capacities at this level don't lend themselves to fans like me who would love to have a season ticket but can't justify it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 21:04]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Northern based Blues on 12:22 - Apr 21 with 2435 viewsRyorry

Northern based Blues on 12:16 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

Keep us in mind if there is an away game you want to go to up here, sometimes we have space in the car, depending on whether we have our kids with us to the game, if not there's always a space for you

It might mean getting there early and leaving a little before the end of the game, due to my wife's disabilities and things we have to put in place for her to attend, but as long as you can put up with that the offer is there, when we can again, of course

Whereabouts in NY are you?

Cheers, will do.

About to send you a PM.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Northern based Blues on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 2430 viewstiptreeblue

In early May, we are moving to a little village called Carcroft, just north of Doncaster, I was wondering if any other town fans lived near there
Northern based Blues on 12:26 - Apr 21 with 2419 viewshype313

Northern based Blues (n/t) on 12:19 - Apr 21 by MerseyBlue

I made my way up to Liverpool for uni in the mid-2000s and couldn't escape.

I try to get to about 10-15 games a season, mostly away but I do try to get to the first and last game of the season, Boxing Day and an FA Cup game at home.

Not been so easy since we dropped down as the capacities at this level don't lend themselves to fans like me who would love to have a season ticket but can't justify it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 21:04]

Did you go to KHS?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Northern based Blues on 12:30 - Apr 21 with 2409 viewsMerseyBlue

Northern based Blues on 12:26 - Apr 21 by hype313

Did you go to KHS?

No I'm actually from East Sussex originally so have got absolutely no business being a devout Town fan apart from my determined Dad raising me wrong!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Northern based Blues on 12:35 - Apr 21 with 2389 viewsTIB

Newark based. Not really north but a mate once said “it sits further north than Stoke, so it’s in the north”.

Here’s hoping for Derby to come down, would be another local away day to add.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Northern based Blues on 12:36 - Apr 21 with 2382 viewsbradforblues

Bradford, West Yorkshire and my best mate who originates from Ipswich lives in Huddersfield.
It's great supporting a team miles away, people always ask why and that's when I get stuck for an answer.
Truth is I cut a pack of football cards and saw Trevor Whymark so followed the blues since 1977.

you are my ipswich !!

Northern based Blues on 12:39 - Apr 21 with 2368 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 12:24 - Apr 21 by tiptreeblue

In early May, we are moving to a little village called Carcroft, just north of Doncaster, I was wondering if any other town fans lived near there

We are in Doncaster, not too far away from there, around 10 miles away I would say

Why Carcroft?

Northern based Blues on 12:42 - Apr 21 with 2354 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 12:35 - Apr 21 by TIB

Newark based. Not really north but a mate once said “it sits further north than Stoke, so it’s in the north”.

Here’s hoping for Derby to come down, would be another local away day to add.

Being in Doncaster I would prefer Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday as my preferred 2 local teams for relegation
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:45]

Northern based Blues on 12:53 - Apr 21 with 2328 viewsbobwya

Lincoln here. Had a season ticket for many years and did quite a few away games but unfortunately have had to give up driving so its Sincil Bank once a year and maybe not that after this year - assuming we're allowed back in anyhow z
Northern based Blues on 12:55 - Apr 21 with 2323 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 12:53 - Apr 21 by bobwya

Lincoln here. Had a season ticket for many years and did quite a few away games but unfortunately have had to give up driving so its Sincil Bank once a year and maybe not that after this year - assuming we're allowed back in anyhow z

If you ever fancy a trip to a game where we drive past your way, we are travelling from Doncaster, then drop me a line, more than welcome to take you, if our kids aren't with us

Northern based Blues on 13:05 - Apr 21 with 2295 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 12:19 - Apr 21 by Metal_Hacker

You already know me anyway but yep over the motorway from your in Sheffield

Past few years (being polite) not had the desire to visit games , the last being Rotherham away with the step Son in one of Paul Hurst's first games

Needless to say that knocked the stuffing out of me and the step Son has continued supporting Arsenal for some strange reason

Surely after Arsenal's latest ESL exploits you can drag him back to Ipswich with you for next season...

Northern based Blues on 13:10 - Apr 21 with 2275 viewsoldblue123

I live in Lincoln try to get to some away games when I can get tickets,go to Portman road occasionally usually on the train and stay over one night.would be interested to hear from any one near to share travelling expenses for journeys
Northern based Blues on 13:21 - Apr 21 with 2248 viewsMetal_Hacker

Northern based Blues on 13:05 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

Surely after Arsenal's latest ESL exploits you can drag him back to Ipswich with you for next season...

He claims to be a football fan but doesn't like watching it , only playing it

I say "playing it" loosely because he is awful and yep , I do tell his Mum so there's no hope for him poor kid .When I say awful , you know the type of kid who always gets picked last and then gets put in goal - yeah that one

Lovely kid though

Poll: If it were one or the other

Northern based Blues on 13:24 - Apr 21 with 2243 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 13:21 - Apr 21 by Metal_Hacker

He claims to be a football fan but doesn't like watching it , only playing it

I say "playing it" loosely because he is awful and yep , I do tell his Mum so there's no hope for him poor kid .When I say awful , you know the type of kid who always gets picked last and then gets put in goal - yeah that one

Lovely kid though

Tomas Holy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024