Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern based Blues 09:51 - Apr 21 with 6462 viewsitfcpaul

I was just wondering where *up north" anyone on here lived and if you managed to get to any home or away games?

We are based in Doncaster and (try to) get to the vast majority of home and away games, unless they are home midweek games, as that would mean getting back extremely early in the morning

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Northern based Blues on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 1524 viewstiptreeblue

Northern based Blues on 12:39 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

We are in Doncaster, not too far away from there, around 10 miles away I would say

Why Carcroft?

My wife has family who live in South Elmsall, and looking around, we found this lovely bungalow, that we both fell in love with, also it`s close enough to them without being too close lol
Northern based Blues on 13:27 - Apr 21 with 1514 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 13:26 - Apr 21 by tiptreeblue

My wife has family who live in South Elmsall, and looking around, we found this lovely bungalow, that we both fell in love with, also it`s close enough to them without being too close lol

Sounds lovely, I guess up here for work?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Northern based Blues on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 1499 viewsPlums

Nottingham which isn’t the north unless you’ve never left the M25.

I go to games whenever I can (but junior football and life get in the way), often with a couple of other locally based Blues.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:35]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Northern based Blues on 13:34 - Apr 21 with 1492 viewsPippin1970

Lancaster . I was born in Ipswich so reason I support them. Followed them since 1981 , go to mainly games in North or Midlands. Use to watch at Portman Road when family alive down there. Been some good highlights and lowlights over the years at games.
Northern based Blues on 13:34 - Apr 21 with 1491 viewsMetal_Hacker

Northern based Blues on 13:31 - Apr 21 by Plums

Nottingham which isn’t the north unless you’ve never left the M25.

I go to games whenever I can (but junior football and life get in the way), often with a couple of other locally based Blues.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:35]

I used to live in Bakersfield - posh Sneinton

Poll: If it were one or the other

Northern based Blues on 13:49 - Apr 21 with 1461 viewsbobwya

Northern based Blues on 12:55 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

If you ever fancy a trip to a game where we drive past your way, we are travelling from Doncaster, then drop me a line, more than welcome to take you, if our kids aren't with us

Thank you - that very kind of you. I'm sending you a pm
Northern based Blues on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 1446 viewsBlueastheycome

Northern based Blues on 12:26 - Apr 21 by hype313

Did you go to KHS?

This is a very specific acronym that I assumed only an elite and worthy few would recognise (myself being one of them)

Are you referring to a particularly wonderful institution not far from the sea? (Opposite a garage)

If not, please ignore
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:01]
Northern based Blues on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 1410 viewsRyorry

Northern based Blues on 14:00 - Apr 21 by Blueastheycome

This is a very specific acronym that I assumed only an elite and worthy few would recognise (myself being one of them)

Are you referring to a particularly wonderful institution not far from the sea? (Opposite a garage)

If not, please ignore

An, err, "institution" at Hollesley Bay?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Northern based Blues on 14:18 - Apr 21 with 1396 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Fife in Scotland. Used to go to games in Sunderland and Middlesborough in the heady days of the Championship. Very occasional home games when back home in Suffolk. Sad (or should it be glad) to say I have not seen us play live in league 1 yet. Best away day was a pre-season friendly in Brechin when Jim was manager. You have to love a ground with a hedge running down one side!
Northern based Blues on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 1378 viewsyorkshireblue

As my username suggests, I live in Yorkshire.

Moved up here for uni, met a Yorkshire lass (from a small village near Doncaster so I know it well) who graduated before me and got a job in Leeds and I followed. We're now married, had a son two months ago, and live near Pontefract (where as an aside former players Paul Green & David Norris run a 5-a-side place/gym - although I've not been). We both work in Leeds City Centre, and had out house on the market looking to move to a particular village between Leeds/York when Covid struck. Given the uncertainty of the industry I work - one of the most impacted - we decided to stay for the time being.

For the first few years I lived here, including my uni days, I kept my season ticket. Now, I probably go to two or three home games a season, but the majority of Northern/Midlands away days. My wife and her family are all Sheffield Wednesday fans (ST holders), so I'm hoping they are relegated.
Northern based Blues on 14:35 - Apr 21 with 1361 viewsBlueastheycome

Northern based Blues on 14:13 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

An, err, "institution" at Hollesley Bay?!

Ha

I haven’t served time there.. yet anyway 😂

This is an institution of the educational kind
Northern based Blues on 14:42 - Apr 21 with 1355 viewskeighleyblue

I'm in Keighley on W Yorks / Lancs border.

I used to travel to most games within 2 hours of home, with a bunch of Leeds-based people so witnessed all our glorious victories in the North and Midlands from mid-nineties onwards in the Prem & Championship but now restrict it to 1 hr max. away, so Accrington, Rochdale, Sheffields, Hudds if we ever get back up.

Was working in Basildon until recently so was able to get along to all our midweek home games.

Bit of an academic question, though - not sure I'd want to go and watch this sh1tshow even if we were allowed to return to grounds!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:46]
Northern based Blues on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 1348 viewsfooters

Northern based Blues on 14:35 - Apr 21 by Blueastheycome

Ha

I haven’t served time there.. yet anyway 😂

This is an institution of the educational kind

And a place frequented by members of Kiss.

Only the real playas know.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Northern based Blues on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 1305 viewstiptreeblue

Northern based Blues on 13:27 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

Sounds lovely, I guess up here for work?

Also able to semi retire, after health issues, and I can`t afford to do that down here
Northern based Blues on 16:23 - Apr 21 with 1294 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 16:12 - Apr 21 by tiptreeblue

Also able to semi retire, after health issues, and I can`t afford to do that down here

Sorry to hear your health isn't great, hope you are OK and get to see the resurgent ITFC form next season

Northern based Blues on 18:02 - Apr 21 with 1269 viewstiptreeblue

Northern based Blues on 16:23 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

Sorry to hear your health isn't great, hope you are OK and get to see the resurgent ITFC form next season

Thank you, hopefully all is okay now, but the last four years, have taken their toll. If nothing else, Covid19 has taught me that we are only here once, and i`m going to try and enjoy life while I can
Northern based Blues on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 1260 viewsSuperCoops

Northern based Blues on 14:18 - Apr 21 by C_Jam_Blue

Fife in Scotland. Used to go to games in Sunderland and Middlesborough in the heady days of the Championship. Very occasional home games when back home in Suffolk. Sad (or should it be glad) to say I have not seen us play live in league 1 yet. Best away day was a pre-season friendly in Brechin when Jim was manager. You have to love a ground with a hedge running down one side!

Oooh, near me. Where are you? Always nice to know there's a few Townies up here.
Northern based Blues on 18:14 - Apr 21 with 1252 viewsGeomorph

Live in ulverston, Cumbria... northern away games and the occasional trip to ipswich
Northern based Blues on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 1248 viewssaffers12

Northern based Blues on 18:14 - Apr 21 by Geomorph

Live in ulverston, Cumbria... northern away games and the occasional trip to ipswich

Leigh in Lancs, go to most northern games
Northern based Blues on 18:18 - Apr 21 with 1247 viewsPhilTWTD

Northern based Blues on 14:00 - Apr 21 by Blueastheycome

If not, please ignore

It's also the acronym of my alma mater, which is neither near the sea nor opposite a garage and maybe where Hype is referring to.
Northern based Blues on 18:21 - Apr 21 with 1236 viewsitfcpaul

Northern based Blues on 18:02 - Apr 21 by tiptreeblue

Thank you, hopefully all is okay now, but the last four years, have taken their toll. If nothing else, Covid19 has taught me that we are only here once, and i`m going to try and enjoy life while I can

you need to talk me into it...

Northern based Blues on 20:14 - Apr 21 with 1198 viewsbluenorth

Northern based Blues on 18:21 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

you need to talk me into it...

Edge of Teesside/County Durham. Get to a few away games across the north usually.
Northern based Blues on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 1181 viewsITFC_Forever

I lived in Stoke on Trent in the mid 90s when I was at uni, and while there met a couple of lads who I still meet up with at away games and they stay with me or mates when they come to Ipswich for home games.

One is from Shropshire and gets the train to games from Stafford, the other is from Manchester.
I’d go to games from Stoke whenever we were playing in the Midlands or the North while it was Uni term time.
Got chatting to them both on trains to and from games and became life-long friends, went to each other’s weddings etc.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Northern based Blues on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 1177 viewsITFC_Forever

Northern based Blues on 18:15 - Apr 21 by saffers12

Leigh in Lancs, go to most northern games

I know Leigh, best mate from uni is from there... used to be a cracking night out in the mid to late 90s.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Northern based Blues on 01:19 - Apr 22 with 1109 viewsOwainG1992

Leeds here.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024