Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched this clip dozens of times now 10:01 - Apr 21 with 5681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah poor pass from MG. But Dozzell FFS? He stands still then berates MG for a bad pass instead of chasing down the loose ball.

Up there with him adjusting his shin pads and pulling his socks up as a Wigan midfielder runs past him with the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 3434 viewschrismakin

Lol. If anything shows what a shambles we have as a playing squad it's that clip. Wasnt even the 1st time MCg made a pass like that he is a dreadful footballer.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:21]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:03 - Apr 21 with 3435 viewsStokieBlue

It's more than a poor pass, it's about 3m.

I'd expect a child to get that right 10 out of 10.

I think Dozzell is actually shocked by the pass, he does then turn around and chase the player just as quickly as MG does.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 3399 viewsPinewoodblue

Sums up everything that is currently wrong at the club. They gave up weeks ago, it is worrying though that PC seems to have given up too, or it might be he doesn’t know how to sort it out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 3397 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:03 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

I think Dozzell is actually shocked by the pass, he does then turn around and chase the player just as quickly as MG does.

SB

Look at the clip again. As the ball runs past him he turns his head in MG’s direction as if to say “WTF” before deciding to chase the ball.

Iron Lion Zion

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:06 - Apr 21 with 3372 viewsHarry_Palmer

To be fair I think he is just shocked initially and wondering who the pass was actually intended for.

He looks over his shoulder expecting to see another Town player there as I don't think he can believe a pass that inaccurate could have actually been for him.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:08 - Apr 21 with 3314 viewsStokieBlue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:04 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Look at the clip again. As the ball runs past him he turns his head in MG’s direction as if to say “WTF” before deciding to chase the ball.

Yes, he was shocked by the pass and then turned to chase it. I mean it is shocking that a professional player can't pass 3m. Probably took him a second to realise what happened. He didn't stand there for 5 seconds before chasing the ball. He probably thought the pass was for another player it was so bad.

It's a bit weird you're putting the fault on the player who was shocked rather than the one who can't pass 3m.

It's obviously rubbish in general though and it's shows our problems in microcosm.

SB
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:11]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:09 - Apr 21 with 3285 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:06 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

To be fair I think he is just shocked initially and wondering who the pass was actually intended for.

He looks over his shoulder expecting to see another Town player there as I don't think he can believe a pass that inaccurate could have actually been for him.

Yeah that's what I thought, but he ought to know who's around him... and ought to be moving to get it just in case. It's sloppy from both players IMO.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 3270 viewsLevelTheLand

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:06 - Apr 21 by Harry_Palmer

I don't think Dozzell is in any real position to be overly critical of team mates misplacing a pass.
Login to get fewer ads

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:14 - Apr 21 with 3210 viewsZXBlue

SB

I think he assumed it was for someone else to start with.

Doesnt set off as urgently as he should, but understandable in all the circumstances.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 3181 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yeah you're right, hadn't noticed that before. Get on with winning the ball back, don't stand there complaining about it!

Also, something else that I haven't seen mentioned - how slow is McG moving at the start of all this?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 3170 viewsN2_Blue

Yep, he unfortunately doesn't show the attitude of a professional player. For all this potential talent that is talked of we have so rarely seen it. Will fans still be saying in two years, oh but give him a run of games and he will come good.

He's had a full season, in yes not a great team, but we have won games at times and yet he has almost contributed nothing in terms of goals and assists.

I could almost forgive this by saying he has little to work with if he had the desire and attitude to work his socks off...but he doesn't. His attitude is symptomatic of the rot in this football club. He's in such a pivotal area of the pitch and we get almost nothing from him. Time to move on.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 3071 viewsHerbivore

SB

Agreed. It's literally a split second where he pauses and he then turns to go after the ball. People should be shocked that we're playing someone who can't pass the ball 3m, not that the player who had the ball knocked past him gave a brief WTF? before going after the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:25 - Apr 21 with 3017 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:08 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

Yes, he was shocked by the pass and then turned to chase it. I mean it is shocking that a professional player can't pass 3m. Probably took him a second to realise what happened. He didn't stand there for 5 seconds before chasing the ball. He probably thought the pass was for another player it was so bad.

It's a bit weird you're putting the fault on the player who was shocked rather than the one who can't pass 3m.

It's obviously rubbish in general though and it's shows our problems in microcosm.

SB

I said it was a bad pass in my op. It’s the general malaise from Dozzell lately that concerns me. Hence the reference to the Wigan game a few weeks back.

On Saturday Dozzell played a world class pass. The sort of pass Beckham would have been proud of. He does that maybe once every six games. There is a quality player there. But I’m concerned that he lacks desire.

Iron Lion Zion

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:25 - Apr 21 with 3010 viewsEwan_Oozami

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:08 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

SB

The worst thing about it for me is McGuinness dawdling with the ball, finally spotting Dozzell has made himself available, and then, even worse than the pass being inaccurate, is the lackadaisical way in which he executed the pass, then didn't immediately prepare to receive a possible return pass (had it been accurate) - this has been endemic throughout the whole team for a long time......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 3005 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:17 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah you're right, hadn't noticed that before. Get on with winning the ball back, don't stand there complaining about it!

Also, something else that I haven't seen mentioned - how slow is McG moving at the start of all this?

MG looked shot last night. Knew he was at fault for the first goal and his head and legs completely went from him.

Iron Lion Zion

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 2939 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:22 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Agreed. It's literally a split second where he pauses and he then turns to go after the ball. People should be shocked that we're playing someone who can't pass the ball 3m, not that the player who had the ball knocked past him gave a brief WTF? before going after the ball.

Both are shocking IMO. The pass is worse, but you don't stop to give "a brief WTF" you get on with trying to get the ball back.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 2938 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:25 - Apr 21 by Ewan_Oozami

The worst thing about it for me is McGuinness dawdling with the ball, finally spotting Dozzell has made himself available, and then, even worse than the pass being inaccurate, is the lackadaisical way in which he executed the pass, then didn't immediately prepare to receive a possible return pass (had it been accurate) - this has been endemic throughout the whole team for a long time......

Is there any point in making that pass?
Even if andre gets it. Hes got 2 men round him anyway so it's just going back to mcg who would then be under pressure by the player to dozzells left

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 2936 viewsChrisd

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:04 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps do that afterwards once you've retrieved the situation? Completely agree, It's not a great pass, but is it really that far away from Dozzell to not even make an attempt to turn it in to a better one? Perhaps if we were a side playing with confidence and riding high in the league then that might have occurred. You can see McG is telling Dozzell it's coming to him, so he should've been on his toes to expect something coming towards him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 2920 viewsGarv

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:02 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

Lol. If anything shows what a shambles we have as a playing squad it's that clip. Wasnt even the 1st time MCg made a pass like that he is a dreadful footballer.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:21]

He's not a dreadful footballer. He's barely 20 years old.

Have a word.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 2927 viewsTractorCam

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, this is when we're 2-0 down. 2-0 down when we should be busting a gut to get something out of the match to keep the play offs alive, and this is the attitude.

McGuinness just dordling on the ball, doesn't dare to move forward with it, doesn't look up for a long ball, just very comfortable sitting with it. Downes and Dozzell also just relaxing infront of him, none showing any urgency to receive the ball. Dozzell just watches the very shocking pass go by and his first thought is to moan rather than chase it down, he could easily win it back if he followed it.

That clip defines this season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 2913 viewslongtimefan

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:22 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

I actually thought the more shocking part of Dozzell’s performance was the occasion where he received the ball under no pressure near the centre spot, and with Ward open in space on his left and further advanced, he proceeded to put the ball 20 feet in the air and backwards 10 yards towards MG.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 2911 viewsBiGDonnie

SB

Whilst it was a shocking pass, the reaction from Dozzer is worse IMO. He could have got onto that pass but instead decides to turn back to McG to moan. That's not even discussing how slow Dozzer is to get into that open space. Zero urgency.

We're splitting hairs though, it's absolutely shocking from both players.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 2907 viewsTractorCam

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:29 - Apr 21 by Garv

He's not a dreadful footballer. He's barely 20 years old.

Have a word.

Edit: Ignore
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:32]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:31 - Apr 21 with 2902 viewsGarv

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:28 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

Is there any point in making that pass?
Even if andre gets it. Hes got 2 men round him anyway so it's just going back to mcg who would then be under pressure by the player to dozzells left

He's got plenty of space. Are we not even expecting our midfielders, supposedly our best, to take the ball on the half turn anymore?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 2887 viewsjayessess

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:25 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

I said it was a bad pass in my op. It’s the general malaise from Dozzell lately that concerns me. Hence the reference to the Wigan game a few weeks back.

On Saturday Dozzell played a world class pass. The sort of pass Beckham would have been proud of. He does that maybe once every six games. There is a quality player there. But I’m concerned that he lacks desire.

Cook's singled him out for praise both Saturday and Tuesday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024