Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched this clip dozens of times now 10:01 - Apr 21 with 5663 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah poor pass from MG. But Dozzell FFS? He stands still then berates MG for a bad pass instead of chasing down the loose ball.

Up there with him adjusting his shin pads and pulling his socks up as a Wigan midfielder runs past him with the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 832 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:29 - Apr 21 by Garv

He's not a dreadful footballer. He's barely 20 years old.

Have a word.

20 year old who played about 6 or 7 passes to the opposition last night. Has no idea how to clear a ball during a set piece and has the turning circle of a square

I stand by my thoughts he will end up in the conference. Being 20 doesnt mean you shouldn't be able to do the basics.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 824 viewsTractorCam

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:32 - Apr 21 by jayessess

Cook's singled him out for praise both Saturday and Tuesday.

That can't be right. According to some on here the big, meanie Cook is too aggressive and always slating them!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:35 - Apr 21 with 802 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:31 - Apr 21 by Garv

He's got plenty of space. Are we not even expecting our midfielders, supposedly our best, to take the ball on the half turn anymore?

Based on previous games. No. I've seen andre lose the ball quite often in that positon. It could have come off of course but we will never know

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 793 viewsjayessess

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:34 - Apr 21 by TractorCam

That can't be right. According to some on here the big, meanie Cook is too aggressive and always slating them!

It can't be right. According to some on here Dozzell is useless, lazy and only playing because of his surname.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:46 - Apr 21 with 765 viewsGarv

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:32 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

20 year old who played about 6 or 7 passes to the opposition last night. Has no idea how to clear a ball during a set piece and has the turning circle of a square

I stand by my thoughts he will end up in the conference. Being 20 doesnt mean you shouldn't be able to do the basics.

Well yes, in some cases it does. Footballers will make basic errors, especially young ones. Some of our 30+ players have struggled to do the basics this season.

I get the argument that we shouldn't be playing him now, and I agree with it, but let's not start being silly and saying he's a conference player.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 760 viewsRyorry

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:22 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Agreed. It's literally a split second where he pauses and he then turns to go after the ball. People should be shocked that we're playing someone who can't pass the ball 3m, not that the player who had the ball knocked past him gave a brief WTF? before going after the ball.

I timed it as 2-3 seconds, and if I'd not gone after it a lot faster than that in any of my over 65s walking football games, would have been pretty disappointed in myself!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:49 - Apr 21 with 760 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:26 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

MG looked shot last night. Knew he was at fault for the first goal and his head and legs completely went from him.

Bizarre how we kept Chambers on the bench in favour of a not very good Arsenal reserve loaner who won’t be here next season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:51 - Apr 21 with 751 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:46 - Apr 21 by Garv

Well yes, in some cases it does. Footballers will make basic errors, especially young ones. Some of our 30+ players have struggled to do the basics this season.

I get the argument that we shouldn't be playing him now, and I agree with it, but let's not start being silly and saying he's a conference player.

I try to find positives in all players, especially the younger ones, But i've struggled with McGuiness, ever since he's come on the scene earlier in the season, I don't see a football league defender there.

Login to get fewer ads

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 751 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:30 - Apr 21 by BiGDonnie

Whilst it was a shocking pass, the reaction from Dozzer is worse IMO. He could have got onto that pass but instead decides to turn back to McG to moan. That's not even discussing how slow Dozzer is to get into that open space. Zero urgency.

We're splitting hairs though, it's absolutely shocking from both players.

How on earth could he have got on to the pass? Don't be silly. He stops for literally a split second, the ball was past him and he's got no chance of catching it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:00 - Apr 21 with 721 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:08 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

Yes, he was shocked by the pass and then turned to chase it. I mean it is shocking that a professional player can't pass 3m. Probably took him a second to realise what happened. He didn't stand there for 5 seconds before chasing the ball. He probably thought the pass was for another player it was so bad.

It's a bit weird you're putting the fault on the player who was shocked rather than the one who can't pass 3m.

It's obviously rubbish in general though and it's shows our problems in microcosm.

SB
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:11]

It was a pile of dog sh it from the pair of them. The pi ss poor pass from McGuinness, The lack of attempting to collect the ball from Dozzell, The lack of even an attempt at a recovery, The shrug and WTF look from Dozzell to McGuinness, The WTF look from McGuinness to Dozzell, The fact that Dozzell had no clue who was behind him, The fact that McGuinness is walking about when we are 2-0 down, the fact that Dozzell isn't screaming for the ball and trying to make something happen when we are 2-0 down.

Neither have exactly covered themselves in glory in that clip, and neither should get off Scott-free.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:09 - Apr 21 with 704 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TBH it looks as though AD could get to it if he actually moved his leg!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:11 - Apr 21 with 699 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:03 - Apr 21 by StokieBlue

It's more than a poor pass, it's about 3m.

I'd expect a child to get that right 10 out of 10.

I think Dozzell is actually shocked by the pass, he does then turn around and chase the player just as quickly as MG does.

SB

We do see an awful lot of arm waving, general blaming one another for every goal etc though don't we.

It's as if we've got a bunch of players that think they're better than they are or something....
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:12 - Apr 21 with 692 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:11 - Apr 21 by PrideOfTheEast

We do see an awful lot of arm waving, general blaming one another for every goal etc though don't we.

It's as if we've got a bunch of players that think they're better than they are or something....

holy is the best one, kicks the ball out of play,, starts waving around moaning at the players
kicks the ball straight to one of their players for a goal, moans at others despite him having no right to be coming for the original ball over the top anyway

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:12 - Apr 21 with 694 viewshype313

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:09 - Apr 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

TBH it looks as though AD could get to it if he actually moved his leg!!

Yep, it was hardly pinged to him, it rolled past him.

That just summed up our whole season in one pass.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:23 - Apr 21 with 674 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:12 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

holy is the best one, kicks the ball out of play,, starts waving around moaning at the players
kicks the ball straight to one of their players for a goal, moans at others despite him having no right to be coming for the original ball over the top anyway

Yep!

Jackson is the other one who constantly moans - not in a frustrated forward way like say a Rooney used to do, but just for the cameras because he's seen good footballers do similar and wants to look similar to them!

Woolfenden too - hilarious.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 667 viewsPhilTWTD

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:12 - Apr 21 by hype313

Yep, it was hardly pinged to him, it rolled past him.

That just summed up our whole season in one pass.

Was so far away from him he assumed it was for someone else!
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:34 - Apr 21 with 659 viewshype313

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:32 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

C'mon Phil, even you could have shifted a couple of yards as it trickled past to get it!

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 659 viewsPhilTWTD

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:34 - Apr 21 by hype313

C'mon Phil, even you could have shifted a couple of yards as it trickled past to get it!

As anyone who has played football with me will know, I'd definitely have been berating McGuinness for the pass! I think it may look nearer AD on the video than it actually was.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:38 - Apr 21 with 644 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:52 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

How on earth could he have got on to the pass? Don't be silly. He stops for literally a split second, the ball was past him and he's got no chance of catching it.

?

I think you need to take another look fella. If he doesn't stop to look back at McG in disbelief he could easily catch up to that ball.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:39 - Apr 21 with 630 viewsGunnsAirkick

It makes you wonder how successful some of these big academies really are.

McGuinness seems another we've had from a big club to flatters to deceive (yes, he has shown some fancy footwork, but doesn't appear to be able to do the basics).
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 626 viewsRyorry

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:36 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

As anyone who has played football with me will know, I'd definitely have been berating McGuinness for the pass! I think it may look nearer AD on the video than it actually was.

As Flashing Smile (I think it was) said tho, surely a pro player at this level should be alert, aware of who's around him, & on his toes ready to move?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 625 viewsDanTheMan

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:32 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

This is how it looks for me, he's assumed it was for someone else, then followed by disbelief.

He probably could have got it if he'd have known.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 625 viewshype313

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:36 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Fair enough, as we well know, you get a different view on iPlayer than in the ground....

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:41 - Apr 21 with 621 viewsSpruceMoose

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:38 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

?

I think you need to take another look fella. If he doesn't stop to look back at McG in disbelief he could easily catch up to that ball.

Don't think so.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:41 - Apr 21 with 621 viewstrncbluearmy

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:38 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

?

Jim would have done more then look,

there is no way Dozzell was at fault here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024