Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion 12:44 - Apr 21 with 1293 viewsunstableblue

... per year

And that's before merchandise, bonuses and media, etc And in Bale's case the £200,000 per week from Real Madrid alongside his Spurs salary

Would any of those players really miss a 20% pay cut? the argument of 'oh its a short career' left the building quite some time ago... errr when you earn the wages the average joe's working life in 3-4 weeks!!

Redistribute it to create real competition and a real level playing field for academies and good coaches to excel

This ESL thing is masking an uglier truth

Aubamyang on £320,000 basic a week... 9 goals! do me a favour De Gea $300,000 a week can't get a game!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 12:54 - Apr 21 with 1237 viewsCoco

but they want more money so they simply give players and agents more money so will then want more money to give players and agents more money........

fans will then be asked to pay more for this even greater than the greatest league in the world 'product' fans will complain about it whilst paying the 'extortionate' Sky subscription fees and simultaneously demanding their club appeases the latest 'super agent' and spend 200m on Erling Haaland and mock their rivals for being unable to match his £1m a week wage demands.

Football is DEAD.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1208 viewsBlueNomad

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 12:54 - Apr 21 by Coco

but they want more money so they simply give players and agents more money so will then want more money to give players and agents more money........

fans will then be asked to pay more for this even greater than the greatest league in the world 'product' fans will complain about it whilst paying the 'extortionate' Sky subscription fees and simultaneously demanding their club appeases the latest 'super agent' and spend 200m on Erling Haaland and mock their rivals for being unable to match his £1m a week wage demands.

Football is DEAD.

It does prompt the question in my mind occasionally - shall I start watching Bury Town or Needham Market? Proper football.
With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 13:15 - Apr 21 with 1194 viewschrismakin

I struggle to understand how any player can earn more than 50,000k a week for kicking a ball around. And even then 50k per week is incredible imo

Yes footballs a short 'career' but these players don't just go into football, they still pass school etc like the rest of us, and actually end up having the funds to start something of a business when they finish football.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 13:38 - Apr 21 with 1141 viewsKeno

If Arteta is viewing I would be happy to play as a striker for half of you you are paying Aubamyang

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:05 - Apr 21 with 1065 viewsJ2BLUE

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 13:15 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

I struggle to understand how any player can earn more than 50,000k a week for kicking a ball around. And even then 50k per week is incredible imo

Yes footballs a short 'career' but these players don't just go into football, they still pass school etc like the rest of us, and actually end up having the funds to start something of a business when they finish football.

Agree. I will never understand why players in their prime go to China or Qatar for example.

For a few extra zeroes on your screen?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:14 - Apr 21 with 1051 viewsElderGrizzly

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:05 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Agree. I will never understand why players in their prime go to China or Qatar for example.

For a few extra zeroes on your screen?

China pay an astonishing amount though and you get a chance to be the 'ringer' in an otherwise poor league. They were offering Bale £1m a week.
With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:15 - Apr 21 with 1046 viewsJ2BLUE

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:14 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

China pay an astonishing amount though and you get a chance to be the 'ringer' in an otherwise poor league. They were offering Bale £1m a week.

Still don't see the point. I understand some come from poor backgrounds and want to set up future generations but even then the money is ridiculously unnecessary.

Truly impaired.

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:20 - Apr 21 with 1038 viewsElderGrizzly

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:15 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Still don't see the point. I understand some come from poor backgrounds and want to set up future generations but even then the money is ridiculously unnecessary.

Salary has almost become a medal of honour for players and agents.

You're right, the numbers will mean nothing from a day to day existence to anyone, but you feed the ego of some very fragile beings.
Login to get fewer ads

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:39 - Apr 21 with 1009 viewsPrice_1991

That's why clubs like Real Madrid and Barca as completely broke and wanted this ESL to go ahead. They have spent far too much on players wages and transfer fees and aren't generating the cash to continue to do so. There HAS to be a mass overhaul in wages, transfer fees and agent fees so that the playing field can be as level as possible. That is the whole point in sport that anyone should be able to compete against anyone else
With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 991 viewsJ2BLUE

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 15:39 - Apr 21 by Price_1991

That's why clubs like Real Madrid and Barca as completely broke and wanted this ESL to go ahead. They have spent far too much on players wages and transfer fees and aren't generating the cash to continue to do so. There HAS to be a mass overhaul in wages, transfer fees and agent fees so that the playing field can be as level as possible. That is the whole point in sport that anyone should be able to compete against anyone else

Koeman has said the only thing UEFA care about is money.

#projection

Truly impaired.

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 924 viewseireblue

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 13:15 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

It is because a football club is a product being sold.

If you do a bit of play acting waving an imaginary sword at your local theatre, you may get paid minimum wage in line with the expected income.

If you do some play acting waving an imaginary sword in a Star Wars production, you also get paid in line with the income.
With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 18:09 - Apr 21 with 917 viewsJ2BLUE

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 18:04 - Apr 21 by eireblue

It is because a football club is a product being sold.

If you do a bit of play acting waving an imaginary sword at your local theatre, you may get paid minimum wage in line with the expected income.

If you do some play acting waving an imaginary sword in a Star Wars production, you also get paid in line with the income.

So we can expect to see Disney plus subscription prices rocket then so Star Wars franchise can pay actors evermore money?

I get your point, just not sure it's totally valid.

Truly impaired.

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 19:45 - Apr 21 with 867 viewseireblue

With the BASIC salary total for Premier League clubs now reaching £2billion on 18:09 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

So we can expect to see Disney plus subscription prices rocket then so Star Wars franchise can pay actors evermore money?

I get your point, just not sure it's totally valid.

Not that actors get paid more money, they could get the same percentage of the revenue.

If a football club does make lots of money, I would rather the players benefit from that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024