Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? 12:59 - Apr 21 with 568 viewschrismakin

Genuine question

Now, it's easy to say to players don't interact, don't look etc ( I've said it myself)

But whilst there are questions about players commitment levels.... IF some have 'downtooled' could socia media/online platforms be to blame

You think
Captain Chambers has had the whole season of reading he's crp
Bishop has had a fake tape recording made of him
Norwood is baited weekly
Dozzell is questioned each week
Downes is a villain one week, a hero the next
Bennetts has been sht since hes been here

etc etc
Followed by a take over and the continued lists of who the fans want to keep and how basically only 1 player should remain

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:01]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 503 viewsjayessess

It can't help but it is what it is and the ability to cope with that kind of pressure is part of being a successful pro. I don't imagine it's easier for Sunderland's players.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:25 - Apr 21 with 498 viewschrismakin

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:23 - Apr 21 by jayessess

It can't help but it is what it is and the ability to cope with that kind of pressure is part of being a successful pro. I don't imagine it's easier for Sunderland's players.

i've just rarely seen town fans so aggressive when it comes to players

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:36 - Apr 21 with 468 viewsSaleAway

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:25 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

Have you ever seen a set of town players fail so obviously to perform, or even look like they care?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 14:31 - Apr 21 with 434 viewsTractorCam

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 13:25 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

The performance of the players causes the aggro, not the other way round.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 14:34 - Apr 21 with 425 viewsTieDyedIn95

Is that why politicians are also absolutely awful? The internet thinks they are rubbish?

No.

If you are generally rubbish it's because you are, not because others have pointed it out.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Is social media/Online Platforms to blame? on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 364 viewsSuperCoops

Genuine point is that Social Media and the internet can do the damage because it magnifies people's frustrations and people then feed off each other's emotions more.

Go back before then, you'd go to a game on a Saturday afternoon and by Monday you'd not be so immersed in the result (good or bad), you're back at work and there's almost an untouchable silence - barring newspaper articles which obviously you couldn't publicly vent at - until the following Saturday's game being you've calmed down and mellowed.

But now it's incessent and with the availability of Twitter, forums, Sky etc and games of every day it's easy that people can get continually whipped up by the goings on that you never used to hear about or touch upon in your lives - now it's played out on the inter-web-thingy-world 24/7 at a click of a button.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024