Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players released 15:04 - Apr 21 with 45064 viewsgreyhound

Hearing rumours that the next stage of the clear out is awaiting announcement.

Jack lankaster among those names that I've been given as well as a large portion of under 23s

With all of the noise about improving academy when the takeover happened this seems surprising, I wonder if that u23 contingent includes more players that are in or around the first team than anything else.

I know we're seriously lacking quality but I hope in this clear out we don't make some hasty regrettable decisions on some of the younger talent we may have.

These are horrible horrible times as a town fan, where those you pinned your hopes on are falling so far short
Players released on 21:50 - Apr 22 with 3779 viewschrismakin

Players released on 21:48 - Apr 22 by reusersfreekicks

Poss slanderous?

How so hes been charged with drink driving unless it was orange juice?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Players released on 22:11 - Apr 22 with 3702 viewsCoco

Players released on 08:25 - Apr 22 by itfcjoe

WHy just the constant need to try and reframe the debate, as far as I can see people aren't saying Cook should go, even though some are disappointed with his start.

We finished last season with 7 defeats out of 9 games, the period of 12 games in our nearly 2 seasons in this division that includes that run is the only time we have picked up so few points in a 12 game stretch as Cook's run here. We've scored 6 goals, we've never been as blunt going forwards over a consistent period in this league.

We are worse than we have been at any point this season. The manager's first job was to get us into the play offs. He has totally failed at this.

You can talk about player x, player y and player z - but we are getting less out of all of them now than we were before Cook came in.

I can't see anyone saying he shouldn't get the summer, and he shouldn't get next season after a window - but it's a massive concern at just how badly he has done here so far for me, at quite how much worse we are than what we were before with the same players.

It's been a failure of man management, he'll get another chance with a fresh set of players next year - but there's no need to dance around and try to make excuses and claim he's doing a good job currently - he simply isn't, he'd admit that even if some fans won't.

This is all correct of course but you are failing to recognise some rather mitigating circumstances when you glibly say 'a failure of man management' or 'poor coaching'. This is clearly a unique situation to walk into and the players obviously know know their time is up and are thus not able to be motivated.

You were wetting your pants about whether Cook was the new guys man a couple of weeks a go as well as seriously doubting his position.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Players released on 22:17 - Apr 22 with 3684 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Players released on 10:51 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

I suspect that we will see youngish players, released this summer, performing well for new clubs next season.

When most clubs talk about young players they usually refer to those 19 or under. Trouble is introducing a youngster into our squad probably isn’t a good experience for them.

I think a lot of our youngish players that get released will really struggle to find a new club above NLS level judging on this season's performances.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Players released on 22:36 - Apr 22 with 3621 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Players released on 22:11 - Apr 22 by Coco

This is all correct of course but you are failing to recognise some rather mitigating circumstances when you glibly say 'a failure of man management' or 'poor coaching'. This is clearly a unique situation to walk into and the players obviously know know their time is up and are thus not able to be motivated.

You were wetting your pants about whether Cook was the new guys man a couple of weeks a go as well as seriously doubting his position.

To be honest I have never quite understood why anything Joe says is taken by most on here as gospel. He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone else on here but some seem to think he's right on everything. To think that this lacklustre bunch of wasters we currently have will suddenly become promotion candidates under a new manager is ludicrous at best. Also people saying give PC 10-15 games are just as bad. How long did we give Robson to sort things out when he had major problems with the playing staff? Some should just stick to playing Football Manager if they believe an instant fix is available with the wholesale changes we've got looming.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Players released on 22:50 - Apr 22 with 3567 viewsVic

Players released on 22:36 - Apr 22 by BehindBlueEyes

To be honest I have never quite understood why anything Joe says is taken by most on here as gospel. He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone else on here but some seem to think he's right on everything. To think that this lacklustre bunch of wasters we currently have will suddenly become promotion candidates under a new manager is ludicrous at best. Also people saying give PC 10-15 games are just as bad. How long did we give Robson to sort things out when he had major problems with the playing staff? Some should just stick to playing Football Manager if they believe an instant fix is available with the wholesale changes we've got looming.

The reason many of us take Joe seriously is that he has such a great track record, some excellent contacts 8n the club and takes a real interest in the development side of things. He’s a good guy and doesn’t deserve the disrespect some have been giving him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Players released on 22:52 - Apr 22 with 3563 viewsEdmundo

Players released on 17:45 - Apr 21 by Vic

That so many of our youngsters have failed to shine in lower leagues teams really does tell its own story doesn’t it. Like others have said, I really hoped (expected!) the likes of Bush, Dozzel and Downes to take this league by storm, regardless of the manager. But to a man they have not lived up to expectations. Are they poor players, or have just been ground down by the atmosphere around the place?

On pitch the atmosphere has been the same home and CD away, for everyone. Off pitch they really need to get off the social media, and certainly take life outside of it more seriously.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Players released on 23:33 - Apr 22 with 3488 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Players released on 22:36 - Apr 22 by BehindBlueEyes

I think to describe us now, we're clearly not promotion candidates.

But turn the clock back to the week Lambert went and after the final whistle at Accrington when we scraped a 2-1 win... I'd have said we were promotion candidates at that point.
Players released on 09:14 - Apr 23 with 3241 viewsArnieM

Players released on 23:33 - Apr 22 by King_ding_a_lin_g

But turn the clock back to the week Lambert went and after the final whistle at Accrington when we scraped a 2-1 win... I'd have said we were promotion candidates at that point.

Ha ha really ? These players are the biggest con going atm. A 3 game winning “run” was not even convincing in the performance that achieved those wins. Didn’t take long for them to revert to “ normal “ and now they’re really showing their true colours .. just like they did last season and the one before that .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Players released on 09:18 - Apr 23 with 3227 viewschrismakin

Players released on 23:33 - Apr 22 by King_ding_a_lin_g

If anything the attringtom game showed us we were still very very lucky to have got 3 points. Wouldnt say at anytime I felt like a promotion capable team tbh.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Players released on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 3117 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I’ve heard that Doz has not made the cut.
Players released on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 3110 viewsKieran_Knows

Players released on 10:27 - Apr 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

I’ve heard that Doz has not made the cut.

He just signed a new 3 year deal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Players released on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 2980 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Players released on 17:42 - Apr 22 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I think Bishop's done enough to be viewed as a squad player next season and I still think, in the right system and playing with confidence (key), he is a match winner in League One. We've seen glimpses of that this season but he has struggled to impose himself on games.

Edwards is in a similar position but a big caveat to that is wage costs. Lankaster has stuggled this year and we should be looking to replace fringe players like him with players who can keep Edwards and Bishop out of the first team.

I'd say that Bishop needs to be seen as a first team regular if he is to be kept on next season. He is on too much money to be a League One squad player.

This crew of players have been failing for three years and now we have a chance with many contracts ending, it's time to change it completely. I'd keep VIncent-Young, Downes, Norwood, maybe one or two others at most. The rest can leave.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 12:44]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Players released on 12:43 - Apr 23 with 2969 viewschrismakin

Players released on 12:39 - Apr 23 by The_Last_Baron

I'd say that Bishop needs to be seen as a first team regular if he is to be kept on next season. He is on too much money to be a League One squad player.

This crew of players have been failing for three years and now we have a chance with many contracts ending, it's time to change it completely. I'd keep VIncent-Young, Downes, Norwood, maybe one or two others at most. The rest can leave.

I can see him going

Offers no where near enough in the final third and has 0 defensive ability further back.

One of many heavy heart goodbyes I think for the fans.

Players released on 12:46 - Apr 23 with 2946 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Players released on 12:43 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

I can see him going

Offers no where near enough in the final third and has 0 defensive ability further back.

Agree. The player of 14/15 has never returned to that same level after his injuries.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Players released on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 2933 viewsIpswichKnight

Players released on 12:39 - Apr 23 by The_Last_Baron

Maybe at the moment but his contract is up and currently he’s done nothing to encourage the new owners to pay him the same amount or even offer a new contract.
Players released on 13:28 - Apr 23 with 2845 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Players released on 12:50 - Apr 23 by IpswichKnight

Maybe at the moment but his contract is up and currently he’s done nothing to encourage the new owners to pay him the same amount or even offer a new contract.

He is staying.
Players released on 14:35 - Apr 23 with 2725 viewsbobbyramsey

Players released on 13:28 - Apr 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

He is staying.

You appear to know a lot........?
Players released on 14:40 - Apr 23 with 2707 viewsvanmunt

Players released on 12:43 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

I can see him going

I know I am being completely delusional but I still feel Bishop could do a job in a decent team... I love watching him ghost past players, I don't have a lot of affinity for many of our squad but I my rose tinted specs are about 1 inch thick for Teddy!
Players released on 16:03 - Apr 23 with 2586 viewsitfc48

Players released on 14:40 - Apr 23 by vanmunt

I know I am being completely delusional but I still feel Bishop could do a job in a decent team... I love watching him ghost past players, I don't have a lot of affinity for many of our squad but I my rose tinted specs are about 1 inch thick for Teddy!

Early season he was beating players for fun and was one of our best players. Hasn't quite been the same since his layoff mid-season partly because he's been asked to play a different role at times.

I'd give him another year though as in full flow he's a joy to watch and a genuine talent.
Players released on 16:04 - Apr 23 with 2579 viewspointofblue

I reckon most of our squad could do a decent job for another team - they’re just not working together.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Players released on 16:50 - Apr 23 with 2508 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Players released on 14:35 - Apr 23 by bobbyramsey

You appear to know a lot........?

Only certain titbits, sure. Contractual obligations play a part here. That’s all I’m going to say for the moment.
Players released on 17:13 - Apr 23 with 2466 viewsdirtyboy

I don't think you are. He's one of the few players who at least had a go when he's got the ball, played out of position, with team mates who don't run with him and in a generally underperforming team. I'd keep him as I've seen enough to say better players around him will benefit them and him.

I've seen enough to think he'd do fine and certainly puts in effort.

My "I'm comfortable if they stay" list is as follows;

KVY, Woolfenden, Chambers, Downes, Bishop, Norwood, Nydam and Dozzell. Not saying all are nailed on first team btw, but in the squad IYKWIM.

None have set the world on fire (quite obviously!) but i've seen enough to see that they are capable of being in a league one topping team. Nydam and KVY get free passes from me.

On the 'meh' list....(wouldn't be upset either way)

Not heard much talk about Donacien, but I understand he's done pretty well at Fleetwood, but not seen anything myself to make up my mind personally.

Nsiala, certainly good enough for this league, but not a passer of the ball that gives confidence and I still close my eyeswhen he's tracking a player anywhere near our box, Woolfenden is a better player sadly.

Wilson, does a job, but don't think he's better than Chambers still, plus Chambers can cover CD and RB.

Dobra hasn't really put a marker down but I think a few still rate him, young and could develop a little more, but time running out for me if I'm honest.

Drinan tries hard, has more pace than I thought and has had b*gger all service to prove himself, shame on this one, MM obviously saw something.

Skuse, quality and underrated by many vocal people on here, not had a season to show he's done any wrong if anything, if he's back up, then i'd be pretty happy (those who say he's too old know jack ***t about fitness and performance...if he's fit enough, he's not too old)

Parrott, if rumours are correct.. seen a lot of quality, was trying too hard if anything due to lack of anything substantial coming his way, came deep looking for ball to no avail.

Hawkins, nice touch, again, not really done anything wrong, feel a tad sorry for him if he goes.

The remaining squad leave with my best wishes...

Jackson I think will do well in a team that plays 442

Nolan will do well elsewhere

Edwards will go to a Champ team or top League One team and do well, I like him, great work ethic and defends well, but not enough service for a 1 up top team.

Bennetts, sadly Yodel have a better delivery rating.

Sears, again will probably do well in another team that plays to his strengths, but obviously not right for Cook's set up. Good club servant.

Plenty of youth I have no comments on, I hope we have some good ones!

Woah, that was more than I expected to write, sorry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024