Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players released 15:04 - Apr 21 with 44755 viewsgreyhound

Hearing rumours that the next stage of the clear out is awaiting announcement.

Jack lankaster among those names that I've been given as well as a large portion of under 23s

With all of the noise about improving academy when the takeover happened this seems surprising, I wonder if that u23 contingent includes more players that are in or around the first team than anything else.

I know we're seriously lacking quality but I hope in this clear out we don't make some hasty regrettable decisions on some of the younger talent we may have.

These are horrible horrible times as a town fan, where those you pinned your hopes on are falling so far short
Players released on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 3408 viewsBeckets

Players released on 16:19 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Got the impression PC might look at keeping him on but as a squad player and not as captain from the comments at the weekend. That is purely my interpretation rather than any inside knowledge.

The captaincy issue can be fudged. Chambers club captain - does the off field stuff, AN Other on field captain. I think there are 4 players with contracts beyond next summer ie Dozzell, KVY, Wolf, Dobra so they’re not going to be paid off presumably. Add in Downes, Nydam and perhaps Chambers and that could be it!
Players released on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 3395 viewsJ2BLUE

Players released on 16:28 - Apr 21 by footers

Nah, pay him up and let him be a fat, unprofessional manchild elsewhere. A bloke who acts like that isn't fit to wear the shirt. He had his chance and look at the disdain he's treated it with. He's a joke.

As you may be able to tell, I don't really like him.

If we took issue with fat, unprofessional manchildren i'd have to go and post elsewhere.

I realise his personality is marmite but surely worth a place in the squad? We have nothing to lose paying him up in September if he doesn't play ball. Also prevents him playing against us until January...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Players released on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 3385 viewsvanmunt

As great it is too see a squad with lots of academy players I think we are all guilty of thinking they are better than they are. I will be honest, I really expected the youngsters to destroy this league dropping down from the championship but they have been as big a disappointment as the senior pro's.

Be sad to see JL leave, really thought he was going to be one of the good ones.
Players released on 16:34 - Apr 21 with 3336 viewschrismakin

Players released on 16:32 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

If we took issue with fat, unprofessional manchildren i'd have to go and post elsewhere.

I realise his personality is marmite but surely worth a place in the squad? We have nothing to lose paying him up in September if he doesn't play ball. Also prevents him playing against us until January...

one of the higher earners i'd imagine given what other clubs said about us poaching him.

Depends what he wants to do, head down play football, or carry on being a drunken joker on social media lifting weights and getting instagram likes.

There's a solid player in there, but we've got the worse of him once again like a Chopra situation all over again.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Players released on 16:35 - Apr 21 with 3339 viewsfooters

Ha! Good point, eggers!

We need to start aspiring to more and one of my main concerns with him is that he's a bad influence in the dressing room. We've got the money to rebuild, there'll be a glut of freebies in the market and we'd be able to attract better players with more professional attitudes. Norwood's face just ain't gonna fit for me.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Players released on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 3309 viewsvanmunt

Players released on 16:29 - Apr 21 by hype313

He just looks like a guy who has lost his appetite (Excuse the pun) for the game, just seems like he got the big contract and that has taken away some desire.

As a professional he should have kept himself in shape last year, and he basically sat in the garden eating burgers.

He looks so overweight and unfit he should be ashamed.. yeah I know I am overweight and unfit but I don't pretend to be a professional footballer like Norwood.
Players released on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 3288 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released on 16:31 - Apr 21 by Beckets

The captaincy issue can be fudged. Chambers club captain - does the off field stuff, AN Other on field captain. I think there are 4 players with contracts beyond next summer ie Dozzell, KVY, Wolf, Dobra so they’re not going to be paid off presumably. Add in Downes, Nydam and perhaps Chambers and that could be it!

Might well be as few as that. A few of the other younger youngsters, so to speak, like Tommy Hughes, who I'm guessing will be given a chance having been injured all this year, and Tommy Smith as well.
Players released on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 3275 viewsgreyhound

Players released on 15:28 - Apr 21 by JeanManuelThetis

Seems strange that Lankester would be released when his contract runs until 2022?

I still remain very dubious about it. I also thought he wasn't out of contract and was highly regarded. Same as before though. Passing on info fed to me from people I rely on.

If we're starting to just pay people off then we really are entering a new era
Login to get fewer ads

Players released on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 3232 viewslongtimefan

Players released on 15:42 - Apr 21 by SWGF

Loaning him out is a good point. Given his age, he'd take a spot in the 20-man squad, so don't think he'd warrant that. However, as he's under contract, one year somewhere to play 30+ games might make everyone's mind up one way or another.

I think the lack of high level loans for U23 players has been one of many failings over the years. Even as a Championship club we managed to get few young players out on loan to L1 or L2 clubs where they would have real opportunities to test them andprove themselves. Our young players have generally ended up at National League or National League North/South level with few exceptions (Woolf and El Miz). It’s another thing those up the road have done well recently with lots of their youngsters getting L1 experience (Godfrey for instance). Or actually it might just indicate that we view our youngsters very much with blue tinted glasses and over estimate their quality compared to the unbiased opinions of other club’s recruiters.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:51]
Players released on 16:43 - Apr 21 with 3231 viewsKieran_Knows

Players released on 16:02 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

From what you an others close to the club are saying, we might all be very surprised how few players we have left.

As my three year old would say "this many on one hand"?

It really is going to be a summer like we've never seen before, that's for certain. Hopefully it works so that going forward, we may only see 1 or 2 changes per transfer window.

This also goes for the staff side of things, massive shake up in that regard also.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Players released on 16:44 - Apr 21 with 3225 viewsfloridaboy

If Paul Cook said that the squad were not very fit then you can see why we have had so many injuries over the past 2 What on earth were Lambert and Taylor doing with them each day! The mind boggles.

Really looking forward to see that PC does with not only this poor excuse of a squad and the new players he is obviously looking at and hopefully getting in.

Can guarantee that at the start of next season we will have a very fit squad of players!
Players released on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 3167 viewsSWGF

Players released on 16:43 - Apr 21 by longtimefan

I think the lack of high level loans for U23 players has been one of many failings over the years. Even as a Championship club we managed to get few young players out on loan to L1 or L2 clubs where they would have real opportunities to test them andprove themselves. Our young players have generally ended up at National League or National League North/South level with few exceptions (Woolf and El Miz). It’s another thing those up the road have done well recently with lots of their youngsters getting L1 experience (Godfrey for instance). Or actually it might just indicate that we view our youngsters very much with blue tinted glasses and over estimate their quality compared to the unbiased opinions of other club’s recruiters.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:51]

By the same token, they've got to be good enough for clubs to want them (and then play them once they're there). That's happened a fair bit as well.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Players released on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 3168 viewsgreyhound

Players released on 16:25 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

When do you think this will happen?

I've been told it will be announced in the next couple of weeks. However time sources haven't proved that reliable over the last 2 weeks. I was expecting a season ticket info last Wednesday and got no more sounds about it. Within 2 weeks is so wooly I wasn't even prepared to add that as a bit of info to be honest. Probably just ties up to when mathematically were done.
Players released on 16:48 - Apr 21 with 3147 viewsfloridaboy

Players released on 16:40 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Might well be as few as that. A few of the other younger youngsters, so to speak, like Tommy Hughes, who I'm guessing will be given a chance having been injured all this year, and Tommy Smith as well.

Tell you what Phil, with the club releasing so many players and I would assume other clubs will be doing the same, there is going to a huge glut of players looking for new clubs.

And this time round the agents will not be in a position to dictate wages etc. surely.

Interesting times ahead for not only us but for many other clubs as well!
Players released on 16:50 - Apr 21 with 3090 viewsElderGrizzly

Players released on 16:43 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

It really is going to be a summer like we've never seen before, that's for certain. Hopefully it works so that going forward, we may only see 1 or 2 changes per transfer window.

This also goes for the staff side of things, massive shake up in that regard also.

I think that might the bit most of us miss. The off-field changes are almost if not equally as important as the on-field changes
Players released on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 3087 viewsDanTheMan

Players released on 16:23 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

It is funny sometimes

" We need a clear out, no more fringe players who cant step up

" No not Lancester....

And people wonder why things might not be well behind scenes,
well if you're binning off 40 odd players, it's not going to be a happy place and Cook warned us all
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:26]

You can bin of a lot of players without binning them all of. I don't think personally speaking that me agreeing the club could do with a clear out means I have to agree with every single player that gets released.

He's just come off a long injury and has had barely any real game time.

I don't see why him going out on loan would be an issue.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Players released on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 3078 viewsGarv

Players released on 16:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Think we need to keep Norwood unless we get a bid from somewhere in Scotland. If he gets his act together and we give him some service he will get goals. If we release or sell him where is he going to go? League one. Could come back to haunt us. He's under contract and he's a goalscorer. Lets focus on finding a fitness coach to keep him fit and some players to provide him with ammunition.

Nice to see some sense on Norwood. It's funny everyone lapped up the GIFS when he was scoring every week, but now that sort of thing gives ammunition to the argument that he's a waster, despite being one of our best players, even when half fit!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players released on 16:53 - Apr 21 with 3036 viewshoppy

Players released on 16:11 - Apr 21 by footers

YAY!

The end of the banter era is finally here!

Any kind of banter? Or just Norwood specific banter?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Players released on 16:54 - Apr 21 with 3033 viewstractorboy1978

Players released on 16:52 - Apr 21 by Garv

Nice to see some sense on Norwood. It's funny everyone lapped up the GIFS when he was scoring every week, but now that sort of thing gives ammunition to the argument that he's a waster, despite being one of our best players, even when half fit!

He might be at the moment but come August if Cook brings a couple of forwards in he may not be anywhere near. I will judge him against our squad next season rather than the worst one in our history.
Players released on 17:00 - Apr 21 with 2971 viewsgreyhound

Players released on 16:52 - Apr 21 by DanTheMan

You can bin of a lot of players without binning them all of. I don't think personally speaking that me agreeing the club could do with a clear out means I have to agree with every single player that gets released.

He's just come off a long injury and has had barely any real game time.

I don't see why him going out on loan would be an issue.

For one reason or another I don't even think we have had a chance to see his potential. A loan would be the answer to me but would still represent a contractual situation next year where he's having to be assessed for renewal based on performance away from the club. Loans in the final year of a contract are an oddity really. If you could make someone pay 100 per cent of his wages fine, but given his injury record I don't think that's realistic meaning settling up could be best value for both parties.

As for Norwood, he's our best forward option that our fans go crazy for when he's doing bits on the pitch, but his off field antics will now mean every foot step is analysed and is awaiting a reason to make the fans turn back on the club. At some point we need to remove the toxic atmosphere that is being created by some of these players. The fan base is in tatters at the moment. We should be on the crest of a wave after a management change we cried out for and a new owner which we wanted for years, instead it feels like we have never been lower
Players released on 17:00 - Apr 21 with 2955 viewsGarv

Players released on 16:54 - Apr 21 by tractorboy1978

He might be at the moment but come August if Cook brings a couple of forwards in he may not be anywhere near. I will judge him against our squad next season rather than the worst one in our history.

Quite possibly. I'd be surprised if we manage to get two strikers markedly better than him though, other than being more reliable fitness wise. And would you really be upset with having Norwood as second choice?

There seems to be a lot riding on us absolutely smashing summer recruitment. If Ashton etc. hit the ground running then that's possible but it seems a big ask for a new set of owners, new CEO and new manager.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players released on 17:02 - Apr 21 with 2930 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Players released on 16:32 - Apr 21 by vanmunt

As great it is too see a squad with lots of academy players I think we are all guilty of thinking they are better than they are. I will be honest, I really expected the youngsters to destroy this league dropping down from the championship but they have been as big a disappointment as the senior pro's.

Be sad to see JL leave, really thought he was going to be one of the good ones.

Vanmunt - very true. If as ITFC supporters we have one fault it is over rating our younger players and getting too excited too quickly. We have been doing it a long time. A good example I believe I am correct in saying, is that of our youth cup winning squad in 2005. We sold Owen Garvan for £250,000 and yet Southampton got literally millions for members of their squad.
Potential has to be realised quicker at Ipswich Town.
Players released on 17:05 - Apr 21 with 2901 viewsStokieBlue

Players released on 17:00 - Apr 21 by Garv

Quite possibly. I'd be surprised if we manage to get two strikers markedly better than him though, other than being more reliable fitness wise. And would you really be upset with having Norwood as second choice?

There seems to be a lot riding on us absolutely smashing summer recruitment. If Ashton etc. hit the ground running then that's possible but it seems a big ask for a new set of owners, new CEO and new manager.

We can certainly do without his idiocy.

It's not all about the performance on the pitch or at least it shouldn't be. I doubt our new owners are going to want his persistent rubbish on social media of totally self-inflicted court appearances taking him away from the club.

Let's not forget that when he was fit last season he still did no better than Jackson (same goals, 4 matches less but with less assists) who everyone says is utterly awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Players released on 17:08 - Apr 21 with 2871 viewsSTYG

In any other season yes.

In one where we have new owners who may be happy to bring in 3 or 4 strikers all much better than Norwood, then why would we bother with him?

I can see us bringing in 15-18 really quality players and keeping 5-6 from the current crop and that might be it.

There is no room for Nsiala, Wilson, Norwood or Jackson. Players who won't fit the system or be top League One players have to go.
Players released on 17:09 - Apr 21 with 2850 viewsN2_Blue

Players released on 16:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Think we need to keep Norwood unless we get a bid from somewhere in Scotland. If he gets his act together and we give him some service he will get goals. If we release or sell him where is he going to go? League one. Could come back to haunt us. He's under contract and he's a goalscorer. Lets focus on finding a fitness coach to keep him fit and some players to provide him with ammunition.

I did think this for a while as i think he is a better player than some fans give him credit for. Yes he misses chances but that is why he is at this level and not champ or prem league. No player is deadly clinical at this level.

However the guy is a constant problem off pitch. As a senior pro what example is he setting our younger players. We have problems all over the shop and poor attitude by players in relation to their performance is huge so i can't imagine a Norwood type of character helps with that.

The guy acts like he is 17 not 30+ and I think with all the issues we have we just need to get rid of this element of character from the squad.

Had we not had the takeover i would have said we need to keep him as doubt we could do better, but now there should be at least some funds to bring in new players I would try and sell him and bring in better.

We need a new start....lets be honest he's hardly been a roaring success, getting no younger and is a grade 1 moron.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024