Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So called new manager ‘bounce’... 16:02 - Apr 21 with 1402 viewsbrazil1981

Other names mentioned as possible Lambert replacements a few weeks ago aren’t exactly pulling up trees! The Cowleys had a good start but now have had 3 defeats and a draw in 4, likewise Lee Johnson at Sunderland. Nigel Pearson’s record at Bristol C is just as bad. Most new managers would take time to turn things around when a team has been as poor as us for a long period of time...ok some have a brief ‘honeymoon’ period (which admittedly PC hasn’t), however it rarely lasts and these guys need to be given a chance to build their own team.
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:05 - Apr 21 with 1362 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Agree. It is far too early to start judging Cook
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 1365 viewshype313

I think the only manager who has come in this season and had a bounce is Tuchel at Chelsea, but he has also had to content with a hammering by WBA and a draw against Brighton (and Brighton should have won).

Mick started well but that has petered out, think we are seeing it's incredibly difficult to come in mid way through a season and transform a team.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:16 - Apr 21 with 1318 viewsSWGF

And if you read comments by Pompey fans, they're also after a reset/refreshing of their squad as the players aren't good enough, gutless, etc.

Interesting, given the Cowleys (currently) have contracts until the end of the season, how that all pans out.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:33 - Apr 21 with 1249 viewsPinewoodblue

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:16 - Apr 21 by SWGF

And if you read comments by Pompey fans, they're also after a reset/refreshing of their squad as the players aren't good enough, gutless, etc.

Interesting, given the Cowleys (currently) have contracts until the end of the season, how that all pans out.

It is part of adjusting to a lower league status where money rarely changes hands ( between clubs) and contracts are often for a single season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 1224 viewshaynes_toe1

So what you're saying is, they've all generally done better than Cook.
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 17:51 - Apr 21 with 1124 viewseireblue

The new manager bounce is usually just an illustration of a statistical effect.

A team will play on average to a particular level of performance over a period of time.

Managers tend to get the sack when the team has been playing badly.

Statistically a teams performance over time will be at that average level.

PC came in after an above average run of results.
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 18:00 - Apr 21 with 1088 viewsVic

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:06 - Apr 21 by hype313

I think the only manager who has come in this season and had a bounce is Tuchel at Chelsea, but he has also had to content with a hammering by WBA and a draw against Brighton (and Brighton should have won).

Mick started well but that has petered out, think we are seeing it's incredibly difficult to come in mid way through a season and transform a team.

Jimmy Floyd at Burton hasn’t done badly!

But I get your point!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 18:24 - Apr 21 with 1037 viewsvanmunt

This is just the most ridiculous season ever, corona, lambert, ME, blue action burning the training ground down!,PC, takeover, team literally giving up, mass exodus... is there more?

I can not wait for this season to end.
Login to get fewer ads

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 19:34 - Apr 21 with 951 viewseireblue

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 18:24 - Apr 21 by vanmunt

This is just the most ridiculous season ever, corona, lambert, ME, blue action burning the training ground down!,PC, takeover, team literally giving up, mass exodus... is there more?

You would have to ask Chambers what else he has planned to know if there is more.
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:03 - Apr 21 with 860 viewsMoisha

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 18:24 - Apr 21 by vanmunt

Scum p1ssing championship and going back up at first attempt
So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 847 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even Super Mick is getting a load of grief in his part of the world these days. He's drifting towards relegation form after a bright start. Not that he's in the group of managers who've been linked with us of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 847 viewschrismakin

Micks won 1 game in 9 since signing the new contract

That is some turn around lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:09 - Apr 21 with 837 viewsSwansea_Blue

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:06 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

Micks won 1 game in 9 since signing the new contract

That is some turn around lol

Quite impressive innit. There are some wonderfully superb rants on social media about him. It's as if they've condensed all the emotions of our 4 years under Mick into just a few weeks.

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:12 - Apr 21 with 825 viewschrismakin

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:09 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

Quite impressive innit. There are some wonderfully superb rants on social media about him. It's as if they've condensed all the emotions of our 4 years under Mick into just a few weeks.

I was amazed though one his first signings was Johnny williams, again, I mean come on did he not learn anything. Funnily enough Williams got injured after taking a knee to the back in training.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:16]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:15 - Apr 21 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:12 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

I was amazed though one his first signings was Johnny williams, again, I mean come on did he not learn anything. Funnily enough Williams got injured after taking a knee to the back in training.

I read that first time as Williams got injured taking the knee. That wouldn't surprise me at all!

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:17 - Apr 21 with 799 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:17 - Apr 21 with 794 viewsSwansea_Blue

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:17 - Apr 21 by BryanPlug

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 793 viewsBryanPlug

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:12 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 788 viewschrismakin

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:17 - Apr 21 by BryanPlug

But being Ipswich, we still wouldn't get a bounce as he would get stuck in the green moss.

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:20 - Apr 21 with 786 viewsBryanPlug

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 21:19 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

But being Ipswich, we still wouldn't get a bounce as he would get stuck in the green moss.

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 15:53 - Apr 22 with 530 viewsBlueWorldOrder

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 16:05 - Apr 21 by muhrensleftfoot

Agree. It is far too early to start judging Cook

We said that about Lambert, what is the logic behind the free-hit when it's clearly not working at all? Fresh manager in the summer with new ideas could help turn us around. The Cook football so far has been our worse ever standard.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 15:55 - Apr 22 with 522 viewsSpruceMoose

So called new manager ‘bounce’... on 15:53 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

We said that about Lambert, what is the logic behind the free-hit when it's clearly not working at all? Fresh manager in the summer with new ideas could help turn us around. The Cook football so far has been our worse ever standard.

So how would you like to approach future appointments? How many games are future managers allowed to lose in their first ten games with an utterly useless set of players before you're just going to sack them. What kind of win percentage are we talking here?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024