Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cook's summer priorities 16:46 - Apr 21 with 7674 viewspositivity

ok, it looks like we're getting a whole new squad, but who should be the priorities, assuming he sticks with 4-2-3-1?

for me, in order:-
goalscoring striker
tackling midfielder
organising centre-back
gk
left back
winger

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

cook's summer priorities on 16:48 - Apr 21 with 3406 viewsJ2BLUE

We arguably need a new first eleven apart form RB if KVY stays fit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

cook's summer priorities on 16:51 - Apr 21 with 3388 viewsfloridaboy

A first choice keeper
At least one centre back
First choice left back
First choice right back
At least one attack minded midfielder
2 strikers
2 wingers

Right back as I am not convinced KVY will last the pace. Hope I am wrong because if he can stay fit for the bulk of the season we will one superb attacking full back!
cook's summer priorities on 16:56 - Apr 21 with 3354 viewsParsley

Goals! In a 4-2-3-1 basically the entire front 4.
cook's summer priorities on 16:59 - Apr 21 with 3340 viewspositivity

cook's summer priorities on 16:48 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

could be right, but i think every player looks a great deal better when playing in a functioning, confident team.

you could slot a downes, a woolfenden, maybe even doz/bish/edwards alongside 10 good players and they'll play loads better

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

cook's summer priorities on 17:04 - Apr 21 with 3308 viewsHerbivore

Striker
Attacking midfielders/wide forwards x 3
Combative midfielder
Left back
Ball playing CB
Back up right back
Goalie

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

cook's summer priorities on 17:07 - Apr 21 with 3289 viewsIllinoisblue

Literally every position should be a priority. Right back excepted if KVY can stay fit

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

cook's summer priorities on 17:20 - Apr 21 with 3250 viewstractordownsouth

In order of priority:

Attacking Midfielder
Striker
Left Winger
Right Winger
Centre Back
Goalkeeper
Left Back
Right Back
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:21]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

cook's summer priorities on 17:38 - Apr 21 with 3210 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The 4 at the attacking end of the pitch should be the priority.

Dynamic FBs are essential in that formation, so a new LB and possibly RB are needed.

Commanding experienced CB will help Woolfy

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Login to get fewer ads

cook's summer priorities on 17:43 - Apr 21 with 3188 viewsChrisd

That’s how I’m seeing it. I don’t think our new owners will mess about. When you look how we’ve performed it’s hard to argue that we don’t need a whole new starting XI at the very least.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

cook's summer priorities on 17:48 - Apr 21 with 3169 viewsKropotkin123

cook's summer priorities on 17:04 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Striker
Attacking midfielders/wide forwards x 3
Combative midfielder
Left back
Ball playing CB
Back up right back
Goalie

Think Phil was suggesting Chambers may still be around as a squad player. So I assume he'd be the back-up right back and a back-up for centre-back

@ OP: Seems like KVY and Downes are the only two pencilled in for the starting eleven. So expecting everyone else to be new. Good luck us on getting all the right people.

Not sure who has done enough to be considered a squad player aside from Chambers. Dozzell and Dobra, due to potential.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

cook's summer priorities on 17:53 - Apr 21 with 3152 viewspointofblue

Think Woolfenden will be fine next to an experienced strong centre back.

New GK
Vincent-Young
Woolfenden
New CB
New LB
Downes
New CM
New RW
New AM
New LM
New CF

Then new players across the board in reserve except for possibly Nolan, who could start alongside Downes too. Dozzell and Bishop might be given one more chance, I guess.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

cook's summer priorities on 18:01 - Apr 21 with 3119 viewsChurchman

cook's summer priorities on 17:07 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

Literally every position should be a priority. Right back excepted if KVY can stay fit

It’s a bit if given his appearances to date. We need a new right back.

Priorities for me is a decent keeper, experienced and decent centre half (Jason de Vos level), a central midfielder that is not injury prone and can pass the ball and another that can score the odd goal. A Tommy Miller standard goal scoring midfielder would be great. We haven’t had one for years, lastly a better centre forward than what we have.
cook's summer priorities on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 2944 viewsBlueBlood90

I think Norwood has proven that he can be our goalscoring striker.

The only concerns are his poor injury record (a summer rest and a full pre-season may help with this) and his attitude of trying to be a joker all the time may irk some people.

He's been absolutely starved of service ever since he joined but his goal stats per minutes played is pretty good.

At least 3 creative/attacking minded players are need in midfield and on the wings this summer otherwise it won't matter who our striker is.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

cook's summer priorities on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 2916 viewsblueislander

cook's summer priorities on 10:36 - Apr 22 by BlueBlood90

The only concerns are his poor injury record (a summer rest and a full pre-season may help with this) and his attitude of trying to be a joker all the time may irk some people.

He's been absolutely starved of service ever since he joined but his goal stats per minutes played is pretty good.

At least 3 creative/attacking minded players are need in midfield and on the wings this summer otherwise it won't matter who our striker is.

Norwood has proved very little except that he misses far more chances than he scores , is liable to get booked every time he plays, and is very injury prone. Admittedly he hasn't had much service . It seems to me that he found his level in League 2 .
cook's summer priorities on 10:57 - Apr 22 with 2886 viewshadleighboyblue

A midfield general as skipper , someone that can run games and get others playing
cook's summer priorities on 10:58 - Apr 22 with 2884 viewsPinewoodblue

cook's summer priorities on 10:45 - Apr 22 by blueislander

Norwood has proved very little except that he misses far more chances than he scores , is liable to get booked every time he plays, and is very injury prone. Admittedly he hasn't had much service . It seems to me that he found his level in League 2 .

Seems to me the general consensus is that we need 8-9 new first team members. Next season we have to name a squad of 20 players over the age of 21 which suggests 11 of the current squad will be here next season.

First priority is to decide who to keep.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

cook's summer priorities on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 2859 viewsHerbivore

cook's summer priorities on 10:58 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

Seems to me the general consensus is that we need 8-9 new first team members. Next season we have to name a squad of 20 players over the age of 21 which suggests 11 of the current squad will be here next season.

First priority is to decide who to keep.

I expect we're going to see more than 8 or 9 new faces come in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

cook's summer priorities on 11:08 - Apr 22 with 2824 viewsStokieBlue

cook's summer priorities on 10:36 - Apr 22 by BlueBlood90

So 2 points here:

1) He's not proven anything. Last season he scored the same goals as Jackson but provided less assists in virtually the same number of matches. Given Jackson is declared useless by many how can Norwood have proven to be our goalscoring striker? He's looked better than Jackson this year but he's proven nothing in my opinion.

2) He's not trying to be a joker, he's just a total idiot. It's an absolute free pass to just say "trying to be a joker".

He needs to go.

SB
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 11:09]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

cook's summer priorities on 11:10 - Apr 22 with 2816 viewsPhilTWTD

cook's summer priorities on 17:48 - Apr 21 by Kropotkin123

Think Phil was suggesting Chambers may still be around as a squad player. So I assume he'd be the back-up right back and a back-up for centre-back

@ OP: Seems like KVY and Downes are the only two pencilled in for the starting eleven. So expecting everyone else to be new. Good luck us on getting all the right people.

Not sure who has done enough to be considered a squad player aside from Chambers. Dozzell and Dobra, due to potential.

That was just me speculating on what PC said at the weekend. Whether LC would be up for that I'm not entirely sure. Might prefer to go somewhere else and play regularly.
cook's summer priorities on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 2736 viewsRadlett_blue

cook's summer priorities on 11:10 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

That was just me speculating on what PC said at the weekend. Whether LC would be up for that I'm not entirely sure. Might prefer to go somewhere else and play regularly.

For me, KVY is the only defender I'd want as a starter next season. Woolfenden maybe with an experienced, left footed partner.
Downes & Dozzell as the 2 deeper midfield players; Bishop at the apex of the 3.
A few of the experienced players I would keep as back up, from Chambers, Wilson, Toto, Norwood, Nolan, Kenlock.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

cook's summer priorities on 11:36 - Apr 22 with 2716 viewsKieran_Knows

Keeper
Right back (depending on KVY)
Left back
Centre back
Centre mid
Wingers x2
Atacking midfielder (number 10)
Strikers x2

In no particular order in my opinion.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

cook's summer priorities on 11:42 - Apr 22 with 2672 viewshype313

cook's summer priorities on 11:01 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I expect we're going to see more than 8 or 9 new faces come in.

Reminds me of the old gag about Beardsley.

Sir Bob "Lads, I'm looking to being in some new faces this season"

Peter Beardsley "Gaffer, can I have one"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

cook's summer priorities on 11:48 - Apr 22 with 2656 viewspete81

Cook did talk up Nolan when he first arrived from memory although hasnt seen him play as he has been injured I guess he may be given a go at the start of the season :

New goalkeeper
K.v.y
Wolfenden
New c.b
New L.b
Downes
New centre mid
New right winger
Nolan
New left winger
New striker
In a 4.2.3.1 formation
cook's summer priorities on 11:48 - Apr 22 with 2655 viewsdirtyboy

cook's summer priorities on 10:45 - Apr 22 by blueislander

You'd expect most strikers (especially below Prem) to miss more than they score, so when you say he's been starved of service and had to play when injured more often than not, if he's fit and given service, his goals to games ratio will probably be good enough, especially if the rest of the team pull their socks up.

IMO 'needed' urgently, rest will cope...

LB

New CB (although I genuinely think defence is the least of our worries)

New CM with energy and drive alongside Downes in front of back 4 (Nydam 'may' be the answer...who knows?) Sadly, I don't think Dozzell 'fits'.

2 new AM. I think Bishop would flourish with some players who actually run with him or in front of him, so I'm comfortable with 2 replayments and Nolan staying as replayment or backup.

Either side in that 3 is where nothing has happened, Edwards, Bennetts, Dobra, Judge, Sears, Jackson...you name the combo, none have really thrown a shed load at Norwood or Drinan to do anything with.

Maybe a GK?

5/6 players will transform us. 11 would be huge and those that stay would be more than complimentary in that level of change.
cook's summer priorities on 11:50 - Apr 22 with 2645 viewsKieran_Knows

cook's summer priorities on 11:48 - Apr 22 by dirtyboy

You'd expect most strikers (especially below Prem) to miss more than they score, so when you say he's been starved of service and had to play when injured more often than not, if he's fit and given service, his goals to games ratio will probably be good enough, especially if the rest of the team pull their socks up.

IMO 'needed' urgently, rest will cope...

LB

New CB (although I genuinely think defence is the least of our worries)

New CM with energy and drive alongside Downes in front of back 4 (Nydam 'may' be the answer...who knows?) Sadly, I don't think Dozzell 'fits'.

2 new AM. I think Bishop would flourish with some players who actually run with him or in front of him, so I'm comfortable with 2 replayments and Nolan staying as replayment or backup.

Either side in that 3 is where nothing has happened, Edwards, Bennetts, Dobra, Judge, Sears, Jackson...you name the combo, none have really thrown a shed load at Norwood or Drinan to do anything with.

Maybe a GK?

5/6 players will transform us. 11 would be huge and those that stay would be more than complimentary in that level of change.

Maybe a GK? IMO it should almost be at the top of the list.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024