Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what we seem to know so far is ... 17:05 - Apr 21 with 1081 viewsSTYG

Cook, a proven manager at this level, with a tried and trusted system, that is good to watch, gets goals and is very much 'The Ipswich Way', will be given significant backing to get us promoted by going after Championship / quality League One players that fit into this ethos, being pretty much allowed to get rid of everybody associated with the current malaise and a few people still think we should be keeping some of the dross that hasn't lifted a finger to impress the new regime and even try and protect their own future?

I'd honestly only keep KVY (on the basis he is fit) as being anywhere near proving to be able to play a level above. Downes for resale value and maybe Dozzell if clubs are interested in him. Bishop is the only player apart from KVY that I think might go on to cut it a level above.

The rest are players we have ended up with because of Evans forcing us to pick up free transfers and cast offs or youngsters that have done absolutely nothing to prove they belong in a mid table League One side let alone one with aspirations for the division above.

Cook must be so excited. It's like having a huge war chest on FM, loads of players out of contract and you can pretty much bring in the best of what League One can attract - round pegs in round holes for once, instead of making do with whatever we can pick up at the jumble sale. It's a pretty unique situation in football. Even with Man City, they dripped in stars once their money was there. They did not rip the whole thing up at once but that's because they already had some quality. We really don't.

What an exciting summer ahead!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:09]
So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:08 - Apr 21 with 1031 viewspositivity

getting a whole new team (however good the individual constituents) to gel is easier said than done though, not going to be plain sailing

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:11 - Apr 21 with 1011 viewsSTYG

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:08 - Apr 21 by positivity

getting a whole new team (however good the individual constituents) to gel is easier said than done though, not going to be plain sailing

I agree, but plenty of teams do it down in the bottom two divisions, but we have been absolutely dreadful this year and could still have ended up a point off the playoffs after last night with four to play and there was no cohesion or identity under Lambert who was constantly rotating 50 players.

It's not much of an ask to get a consistent side with an identity with quality for this level to pick up reasonable results from the off and then get stronger.
So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 965 viewsWacko

I think 'gelling' is less of a problem these days with lots of data to inform your recruitment choices and with a system the manager hopefully knows inside out

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:45 - Apr 21 with 899 viewsTractorCam

NO, IT IS ALL COOK'S FAULT AND HIS TIME IS UP!!!!

Just kidding of course, well said.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:57 - Apr 21 with 855 viewsVic

I think Cook has a history of bringing in large numbers of new players and getting them to click within a season, so I’m hopeful.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 778 viewspointofblue

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 17:57 - Apr 21 by Vic

I think Cook has a history of bringing in large numbers of new players and getting them to click within a season, so I’m hopeful.

Portsmouth finished 16th the season before he was appointed; the following year he got them into the play offs (6th) then they won the division the year after. Will 6th be enough for fans next year?

Wigan won League One in his first season in charge but they were only relegated the previous year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 736 viewsChurchman

So what we seem to know so far is ... on 19:31 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Portsmouth finished 16th the season before he was appointed; the following year he got them into the play offs (6th) then they won the division the year after. Will 6th be enough for fans next year?

Wigan won League One in his first season in charge but they were only relegated the previous year.

Yes. If the club is growing, the team is growing stronger, there is cohesion in the way we see at mighty Peterborough or those giants Luton, Rotherham and Barnsley, the playoffs could provide a good springboard to smash it the following year. I agree with others that we need to see improvement from the seasons start but for me that’s as simple as seeing a team, a pattern of play, committed players with smiles on their faces taking responsibility, momentum.

It’s imperative the club itself is sorted out first or at the same time. Good medical staff, people paid properly, a structure, a clean stadium, a real plan rather than the annual fob off waffle from dementor Evans trying to con money out of people for season tickets.

It can be done and if the club gets going the right way it’ll get promoted easily and challenge in the Championship. It depends if the owners are for real or a bunch of chancers with no money.
So what we seem to know so far is ... on 20:12 - Apr 21 with 647 viewsazuremerlangus

Half a dozen well-selected players will be a sound start to the process; 2 strikers, 2 midfielders, a defender and a keeper. Whats left of the clearout can then make up the rest of the first 11.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024