Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leam Richardson 17:36 - Apr 21 with 5490 viewsParky

Confirmed as permanent Wigan manager on a three-year deal.

John McGreal, reveal yourself.

Edit - Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56832483
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:37]
Leam Richardson on 19:35 - Apr 21 with 519 viewsmonty_radio

Leam Richardson on 18:39 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, assistants are important but not often integral in the manner that seems to be being suggested. If Ian Culverhouse was the genius he seems to have talked up into he would probably be in a bigger job than manager of King's Lynn.

Though they're not exactly the same role are they? There's a long line of people that haven't been able to "step up", Bobby Ferguson for one - but that doesn't mean that the support role they played was a lesser thing, nor that any number of others could have offered what he gave to Sir Bob. It's a skill in itself to be able to give sound advice and have it accepted.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Leam Richardson on 19:41 - Apr 21 with 500 views66notout

Leam Richardson on 19:08 - Apr 21 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Correct of course; not a lot of people know that! In common with this thread does anyone know who Robsons number two was at Fulham - I certainly have no idea.

Harry Haslam, I believe, and when he got the Luton job he bought Macdonald then sold him to Newcastle.
Leam Richardson on 19:48 - Apr 21 with 473 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Leam Richardson on 19:41 - Apr 21 by 66notout

Harry Haslam, I believe, and when he got the Luton job he bought Macdonald then sold him to Newcastle.

Thank you for that - now there is a blast from the past!
Getting back to this thread I would have thought that 'who my number two is' is the very least of Cooks problems at the moment.
Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 19:59 - Apr 21 with 442 viewsBryanPlug

Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 19:31 - Apr 21 by Parky

I’ve just been reliably told that McGreal has definitely been spoken to, whether he’d rather wait and see if he can get a gig himself, remains to be seen.

If he was offered it - I’d be very surprised if he turned it down, I know he ideally wants to stay local, the chance of assisting with a total overhaul as well will almost certainly interest him.

Edit - Just wanted to make it clear, he may not have even been offered anything; I just know he’s been in contact with the club recently.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:39]

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024