Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leam Richardson 17:36 - Apr 21 with 5478 viewsParky

Confirmed as permanent Wigan manager on a three-year deal.

John McGreal, reveal yourself.

Edit - Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56832483
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:37]
Leam Richardson on 17:43 - Apr 21 with 2961 viewsBluefish

Noel Hunt for assistant?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Leam Richardson on 17:44 - Apr 21 with 2947 viewsrgp1

Leam Richardson on 17:43 - Apr 21 by Bluefish

Noel Hunt for assistant?

Pearson with Shakespeare?
Leam Richardson on 17:49 - Apr 21 with 2884 viewsParky

Noel Hunt for assistant?

Not a bad shout, done quite well with Wellens at Swindon by all accounts. Wellens is linked with the Doncaster job, which if he gets he may want Hunt there.

I have heard McGreal has been spoken to about a role at Town, I can only assume that would be Assistant Manager. Two scousers on the touch line, you wouldn’t fck with either, I like it.
Leam Richardson on 17:50 - Apr 21 with 2857 viewsTractorCam

Noel Hunt for assistant?

This!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leam Richardson on 17:50 - Apr 21 with 2853 viewspointofblue

Leam Richardson on 17:49 - Apr 21 by Parky

Not a bad shout, done quite well with Wellens at Swindon by all accounts. Wellens is linked with the Doncaster job, which if he gets he may want Hunt there.

I have heard McGreal has been spoken to about a role at Town, I can only assume that would be Assistant Manager. Two scousers on the touch line, you wouldn’t fck with either, I like it.

I like the idea of McGreal - has worked closely with Cook before when they were players and, importantly, has some managerial experience behind him. I fear our coaching team, Cook aside, is a bit wet behind the ears at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leam Richardson on 18:00 - Apr 21 with 2730 viewsPhilTWTD

Having heard whispers re McGreal, I'm now hearing otherwise. Think he wants club of his own.
Leam Richardson on 18:01 - Apr 21 with 2690 viewsHarryB

Leam Richardson on 18:00 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Having heard whispers re McGreal, I'm now hearing otherwise. Think he wants club of his own.

who do you think will be his assistant?
Leam Richardson on 18:02 - Apr 21 with 2680 viewsIllinoisblue

Noel Hunt for assistant?

Time for Culverhouse, surely

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Leam Richardson on 18:02 - Apr 21 with 2674 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:01 - Apr 21 by HarryB

who do you think will be his assistant?

No idea, to be honest. I wonder if he knows at the moment.
Leam Richardson on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 2649 viewstractordownsouth

Noel Hunt for assistant?

Would much prefer McGreal. As much as I like Hunt, if we're going to have a whole new squad, we need a management team that has coaching experience.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Leam Richardson on 18:05 - Apr 21 with 2627 viewspointofblue

Of course - feels like we’re not allowed to have things fall into place for us! Though I guess it’s better for him to turn to down then to take the post then move on quite quickly.

Leam Richardson on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 2614 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:05 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Of course - feels like we’re not allowed to have things fall into place for us! Though I guess it’s better for him to turn to down then to take the post then move on quite quickly.

I think Richardson's appointment has been on the cards for a few weeks, so won't have come as a surprise to PC.
Leam Richardson on 18:07 - Apr 21 with 2589 viewsJ2BLUE

Oh ffs.

Now every time we don't win this will be mentioned.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leam Richardson on 18:07 - Apr 21 with 2588 viewschrismakin

Leam Richardson on 18:06 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

I think Richardson's appointment has been on the cards for a few weeks, so won't have come as a surprise to PC.

He'll be fuming. Wont just be an assistant hes lost itll be a few players off the signing list too

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Leam Richardson on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 2559 viewsKeno

Leam Richardson on 18:02 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

No idea, to be honest. I wonder if he knows at the moment.

Can I apply?

I've had some success on Championship Manager, have no real experience but reckon I could sort the motivational side out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Leam Richardson on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 2550 viewsrgp1

Phil do we know who was with Cook in his early days or has it always been Richardson?
Leam Richardson on 18:11 - Apr 21 with 2497 viewspointofblue

Leam Richardson on 18:06 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Sorry, was referring to McGreal wanting his own club.

Leam Richardson on 18:11 - Apr 21 with 2493 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Leam Richardson on 18:07 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Oh ffs.

Now every time we don't win this will be mentioned.

We do need to get a capable Assistant Manager in though.

Maybe that person is going to be Dyer, but one way or another it needs to be sorted.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Leam Richardson on 18:12 - Apr 21 with 2470 viewsChurchman

Leam Richardson on 17:50 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

I like the idea of McGreal - has worked closely with Cook before when they were players and, importantly, has some managerial experience behind him. I fear our coaching team, Cook aside, is a bit wet behind the ears at the moment.

What makes you think they are a bit ‘wet behind the ears’. Some on here have been praising Gill from the rooftops, Dyer is 42 and been around the game for 30 years.

What Cook needs is somebody that fits with what he wants to do and can do the stuff he can’t. He’ll know what he wants. They don’t have to be the same sort of people. When Robson binned Cyril Lea and got in Bobby Ferguson, they were very different characters but it worked.

I like the idea of McGreal because he’s a former player and knows what the club should be.
Leam Richardson on 18:14 - Apr 21 with 2457 viewsmonty_radio

Obviously none of us really knows just how that relationship with Richardson worked, but the latter's subsequent success in keeping Wigan up with no little style would suggest a wise head and a great fund of ability to call upon.

Given Cook's hesitant start, if he recognises the need for the Peter Taylor or Ian Culverhouse effect, then I doubt he'd go for someone yet to chalk up a significant C.V. He wouldn't lose Dyer at this stage if he thinks it's a bit too early for him.

Of course Cook's faltering start may be, as some have suggested, down to the bloated 50+ interchangeably useless squad. But another mature sidekick with a forceful, if quieter, personality might be what he feels he needs.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Leam Richardson on 18:14 - Apr 21 with 2457 viewsJ2BLUE

Leam Richardson on 18:11 - Apr 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

We do need to get a capable Assistant Manager in though.

Maybe that person is going to be Dyer, but one way or another it needs to be sorted.

Of course and while it's sometimes true, fans love to claim the assistant is the man behind the manager. Seems quite true in Lambert's case but to give an extreme example, how many were, according to fans, the man behind Alex Ferguson's success?

For the challenged, I am not comparing them, just making a point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leam Richardson on 18:14 - Apr 21 with 2438 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:08 - Apr 21 by rgp1

Phil do we know who was with Cook in his early days or has it always been Richardson?

He linked up with Richardson at Accrington and they teamed up again at Chesterfield and they've been together since then. Cook cut his teeth at Sligo Rovers where he did a very good job - LoI experts on here will know more - so he has worked without him.
Leam Richardson on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 2405 viewsITFC_Jenx

Obviously this makes me feel a bit nervous.

PC will have a decent budget to recruit his ideal coaching team around him.

Richardson has got the job off the back of decent form of late. If he starts the season badly, wouldn't be surprised if he was out of work around Christmas.
Leam Richardson on 18:16 - Apr 21 with 2400 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Leam Richardson on 18:14 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Of course and while it's sometimes true, fans love to claim the assistant is the man behind the manager. Seems quite true in Lambert's case but to give an extreme example, how many were, according to fans, the man behind Alex Ferguson's success?

For the challenged, I am not comparing them, just making a point.

Yeah, like most things, it happens sometimes, but doesn't mean its always the case.

Think Clough was probably the most famous example with Peter Taylor.

Not sure if the same has happened to Jose?

I'd like to see Dyer named in the role.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Leam Richardson on 18:16 - Apr 21 with 2399 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:11 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Sorry, was referring to McGreal wanting his own club.

As far as I'm aware he's never been offered it. But agree, not ideal if he were to be appointed then get offered something elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024