Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leam Richardson 17:36 - Apr 21 with 5497 viewsParky

Confirmed as permanent Wigan manager on a three-year deal.

John McGreal, reveal yourself.

Edit - Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56832483
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:37]
Didier Drogba (n/t) on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 1854 viewsScottCandage

Leam Richardson on 18:01 - Apr 21 by HarryB

who do you think will be his assistant?

Leam Richardson on 18:19 - Apr 21 with 1845 viewsTrequartista

Leam Richardson on 18:08 - Apr 21 by rgp1

Phil do we know who was with Cook in his early days or has it always been Richardson?

John Lydon and Steve Jones

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leam Richardson on 18:21 - Apr 21 with 1834 viewsrgp1

Leam Richardson on 18:19 - Apr 21 by Trequartista

Wasn't John Lydon with the Sex Pistols?
Leam Richardson on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1763 viewsITFC_Jenx

Leam Richardson on 18:07 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

He'll be fuming. Wont just be an assistant hes lost itll be a few players off the signing list too

Not necessarily. Massey and Evans will have contract offers from Wigan and Town and it will be up to them to choose.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1763 viewsBloots

Leam Richardson on 18:02 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

No idea, to be honest. I wonder if he knows at the moment.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 18:39]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1762 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Leam Richardson on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 1783 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:14 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Of course and while it's sometimes true, fans love to claim the assistant is the man behind the manager. Seems quite true in Lambert's case but to give an extreme example, how many were, according to fans, the man behind Alex Ferguson's success?

For the challenged, I am not comparing them, just making a point.

Indeed, assistants are important but not often integral in the manner that seems to be being suggested. If Ian Culverhouse was the genius he seems to have talked up into he would probably be in a bigger job than manager of King's Lynn.
Leam Richardson on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 1742 viewswkj

Leam Richardson on 18:39 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, assistants are important but not often integral in the manner that seems to be being suggested. If Ian Culverhouse was the genius he seems to have talked up into he would probably be in a bigger job than manager of King's Lynn.

So, what you're saying is that you wouldn't descend into throws of despair if Gav ever finishes work experience assignment here?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Leam Richardson on 18:45 - Apr 21 with 1723 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Leam Richardson on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 1692 viewsGaryCooper

Leam Richardson on 18:19 - Apr 21 by Trequartista

Glen Matlock was the kingpin.
Leam Richardson on 18:56 - Apr 21 with 1659 viewsitfc1108

Arise Sir Marcus Stewart!
Leam Richardson on 18:57 - Apr 21 with 1662 viewsJambo

Leam Richardson on 18:39 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Harsh...but fair!

Burley struggled to find someone to work with after Dale passed.

Houston, Gorman, Hamilton all very good experienced coaches/ managers but it just didn’t click.

I think...
Leam Richardson on 19:03 - Apr 21 with 1632 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Leam Richardson on 18:45 - Apr 21 by BryanPlug

We used to have Sir Alf, Jimmy Forsyth, one bucket and one sponge. Calm down ladies and gentleman. Firstly let us give congratulations to Leam Richardson - he deserves it. Our problem whatever it is, is not who is Cooks assistant - there are hundreds of 'em about.
We go on about Sir Bobby, but not Cyril Lea, or Bobby Ferguson!. Who remembers who Joe Royals assistant was?
Steve Mc Claren was number two to Sir Alec Ferguson for a considerable time, but no credit is given.

Question - which member of the Arsenal 1978 cup final team was once purchased by Sir Bob for I think £1000.
Leam Richardson on 19:05 - Apr 21 with 1613 views66notout

Leam Richardson on 19:03 - Apr 21 by Timefliesbyintheblue

We used to have Sir Alf, Jimmy Forsyth, one bucket and one sponge. Calm down ladies and gentleman. Firstly let us give congratulations to Leam Richardson - he deserves it. Our problem whatever it is, is not who is Cooks assistant - there are hundreds of 'em about.
We go on about Sir Bobby, but not Cyril Lea, or Bobby Ferguson!. Who remembers who Joe Royals assistant was?
Steve Mc Claren was number two to Sir Alec Ferguson for a considerable time, but no credit is given.

Question - which member of the Arsenal 1978 cup final team was once purchased by Sir Bob for I think £1000.

Supermac, for Fulham?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:07]
Leam Richardson on 19:08 - Apr 21 with 1601 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Leam Richardson on 19:05 - Apr 21 by 66notout

Supermac, for Fulham?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:07]

Correct of course; not a lot of people know that! In common with this thread does anyone know who Robsons number two was at Fulham - I certainly have no idea.
Leam Richardson on 19:10 - Apr 21 with 1586 viewsChurchman

Willie Donachie was Royles assistant. Former Man City player.

Brian Kidd was Ferguson’s assistant too but appeared more o cheerleader.

The Cup final team question: wasn’t Pat Jennings was it, before Arsenal nipped in? The only other candidate I can think of is Macdonald in his early years for Fulham maybe?

Edit: slow typing but my first answer was wrong anyway!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:11]
Leam Richardson on 19:14 - Apr 21 with 1583 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:57 - Apr 21 by Jambo

Harsh...but fair!

Burley struggled to find someone to work with after Dale passed.

Houston, Gorman, Hamilton all very good experienced coaches/ managers but it just didn’t click.

I think...

They were all at the club when Dale R was around. Obviously Dale played a major role with George here but I think he did OK without him at his other clubs.
Leam Richardson on 19:14 - Apr 21 with 1573 viewsPhilTWTD

Leam Richardson on 18:43 - Apr 21 by wkj

So, what you're saying is that you wouldn't descend into throws of despair if Gav ever finishes work experience assignment here?

Mark is the true genius around here.
Leam Richardson on 19:15 - Apr 21 with 1564 viewsBryanPlug

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Leam Richardson on 19:19 - Apr 21 with 1552 viewspointofblue

Leam Richardson on 19:15 - Apr 21 by BryanPlug

Hurst was absolutely fantastic with Doig.

Oh wait.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 19:19 - Apr 21 with 1556 viewsPhilTWTD

Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 18:38 - Apr 21 by Bloots

I know PC spoke to him before he came here, but I think it may be coincidence that he was at last night's match.
Leam Richardson on 19:20 - Apr 21 with 1548 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Leam Richardson on 19:10 - Apr 21 by Churchman

Willie Donachie was Royles assistant. Former Man City player.

Brian Kidd was Ferguson’s assistant too but appeared more o cheerleader.

The Cup final team question: wasn’t Pat Jennings was it, before Arsenal nipped in? The only other candidate I can think of is Macdonald in his early years for Fulham maybe?

Edit: slow typing but my first answer was wrong anyway!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:11]

Yep it was Macdonald
Leam Richardson on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 1530 viewsbilllm

I didn't think richardson would end up here, and I've said for a few weeks if he dosent it will be lambert/ culverhouse esq, I hope I'm proved wrong, Cook has made an awful start here,
Leam Richardson on 19:29 - Apr 21 with 1507 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Leam Richardson on 19:15 - Apr 21 by BryanPlug

I do take your point; I see a number two though as a manager having a 'mate' to lean on. The coach is far more important. Sometimes of course they are the same person.
Personally I have not a clue who the number two is at Liverpool, or Manchester United, or Peterborough, or Leicester, or Hull etc. I could look it up, but in my opinion it is not that important.
Paul Lambert's record since he left Norwich was poor anyway, whoever his number two was.
Oh and as for Norwich who is their number two - anyone know without looking it up - I certainly don't.
Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 1505 viewsParky

Noel Hunt? (n/t) on 19:19 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

I know PC spoke to him before he came here, but I think it may be coincidence that he was at last night's match.

I’ve just been reliably told that McGreal has definitely been spoken to, whether he’d rather wait and see if he can get a gig himself, remains to be seen.

If he was offered it - I’d be very surprised if he turned it down, I know he ideally wants to stay local, the chance of assisting with a total overhaul as well will almost certainly interest him.

Edit - Just wanted to make it clear, he may not have even been offered anything; I just know he’s been in contact with the club recently.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024