Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Champions League reform looks rubbish... 20:49 - Apr 21 with 1040 viewsKropotkin123

Should have just let them go and expelled them from the league.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 21:53 - Apr 21 with 944 viewsWD19

We are not supposed to have noticed that.

We are supposed to still be talking about the ESL and how football has been saved.
Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Champions League has been rubbish for years. Mainly since it was taken from terrestrial TV.

I used to love watching it, but now I don't watch until the semi finals (if at all).

So unless they have change the format of the last 2 rounds, then it makes no difference to me.

Does anyone watch before the last 16?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 22:30 - Apr 21 with 888 viewsKropotkin123

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 22:10 - Apr 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

The Champions League has been rubbish for years. Mainly since it was taken from terrestrial TV.

I used to love watching it, but now I don't watch until the semi finals (if at all).

So unless they have change the format of the last 2 rounds, then it makes no difference to me.

no, good point. I don't

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 23:12 - Apr 21 with 841 viewsMattinLondon

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 22:10 - Apr 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I always used to watch the Champions League on ITV and I knew the teams who were playing in it.

Since it’s been on Sky etc I don’t think I’ve watched a full CL match - only realised a couple weeks ago that Munich won it last season.
Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 23:13 - Apr 21 with 838 viewsMVBlue

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 23:12 - Apr 21 by MattinLondon

I always used to watch the Champions League on ITV and I knew the teams who were playing in it.

Since it’s been on Sky etc I don’t think I’ve watched a full CL match - only realised a couple weeks ago that Munich won it last season.

Its on BT. And its generally a better watch than the Prem on the whole.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 01:11 - Apr 22 with 774 viewsbournemouthblue

I half expected the 'ESL' to be a bluff against this new format which does indeed sound rubbish

Why does the Champions League format need change, it works fairly well currently?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 06:46 - Apr 22 with 685 viewsallezlesbleus

The original European Cup was fantastic - very special nights, even for neutral viewers.

Now there are so many "massive" games that it has become boring.

Money and greed is killing football.
Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 08:11 - Apr 22 with 623 viewsMattinLondon

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 01:11 - Apr 22 by bournemouthblue

I half expected the 'ESL' to be a bluff against this new format which does indeed sound rubbish

Why does the Champions League format need change, it works fairly well currently?

Login to get fewer ads

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 09:54 - Apr 22 with 582 viewsRadlett_blue

Champions League reform looks rubbish... on 06:46 - Apr 22 by allezlesbleus

The original European Cup was fantastic - very special nights, even for neutral viewers.

Now there are so many "massive" games that it has become boring.

Money and greed is killing football.

Everyone can have their own opinion on what format the European Cup should have. You first have to realise that it isn't going back to straight knock-out or just national champions, whatever the misty eyed appeal. Football is a big revenue sport & that is largely produced by TV revenue & that's what matters (unless you think we should return to the maximum wage & no live football on TV). I don't watch the CL group stages because I find them boring - it's generally clear which teams will qualify for the k/o. I find the k/o stages exciting & the quality of football is high, way better than the vaunted PL. I guess the viewing figures for the group stages aren't great, hence the jazzing up of the format (which also conveniently produces more fixtures). I still won't watch the Swiss format group stages, but they've realised that k/o is more exciting, hence the play-offs to decide the second 8 teams getting to the last 16. The success or failure of this will be measured by if it attracts more viewers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024