Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never mind the ESL killing the game... 21:09 - Apr 21 with 627 viewsScuzzer

What about VAR.
I'm not a fan in any way of Man City...I think they are a repulsive club in every way...but if we have to suffer players being sent off after making a genuine effort for the ball as John Stones just did then I'm afraid the game has been emasculated. No wonder Pep is incandescent. Sheesh.

Established 1968

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:12 - Apr 21 with 604 viewsITFCBlues

I did feel like that initially. But I just don't know. It's borderline for me

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:14 - Apr 21 with 590 viewsSwansea_Blue

As ever, it's not really the technology in question. It's the muppets that use it. The refs were poor before VAR, so I'm not surprised they are still poor with it.

I think we need something like VAR to stop blatant injustices, but it's become too dominant. i'm not quite sure what the answer is though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:15 - Apr 21 with 580 viewschrismakin

I think VAR should be used for penalty mistakes only
not for handballs or offsides

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:21 - Apr 21 with 555 viewsScuzzer

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:12 - Apr 21 by ITFCBlues

I did feel like that initially. But I just don't know. It's borderline for me

Sure. But he was going for the ball and missed out by a split second. How is it interpreted as serious foul play? The ref saw fit to give a yellow...is there anything there to indicate he made a clear and obvious error. I dont think so.
The jokers in the studio...yes including the demi God that is Darren Bent...are acting like a bunch of wooses...oh the challenge was with a straight leg....oh the foot was very high...for goodness sakes...the ball was high what was he supposed to do...not make a challenge? The last I heard it is still a contact sport.

Established 1968

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:27 - Apr 21 with 533 viewsScuzzer

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:14 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

As ever, it's not really the technology in question. It's the muppets that use it. The refs were poor before VAR, so I'm not surprised they are still poor with it.

I think we need something like VAR to stop blatant injustices, but it's become too dominant. i'm not quite sure what the answer is though.

Yeah. Its difficult isn't it. But using it in the way it just has in establishing if there has been an error in judgement immediately puts the ref under pressure to comply with their opinion ...because he doesnt want to appear to show them up.

Established 1968

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:31 - Apr 21 with 535 viewsBlueBadger

There should be a system like in cricket. Each team is allowed 2 appeals a game for pens, disallowed goals and offside and only the captain can approach the ref to make the appeal. A spurious appeal kills one of your appeals and once they're gone, they're gone.

Plus it makes the role of football captain slightly more than 'wear an armband and say 'heads or tails".
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 489 viewswkj

It has been said many times. Goal line technology was needed - VAR is not.

In time VAR may well be a boon to the game - it is slowly improving - but too slowly all the same.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 21:45 - Apr 21 with 477 viewsfabian_illness

I think we should scrap VAR and return to slightly overweight refs in their 50’s with obvious combovers.
All refs should be able to slap any players that approach them to complain about decisions.
Login to get fewer ads

Never mind the ESL killing the game... on 22:07 - Apr 21 with 442 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why are Man City repulsive?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024