Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing to calm down about. 01:16 - Apr 22 with 1687 viewsOwainG1992

Ok Leam Richardson isn't coming here to be Cook's right hand man.
But everything about Cook says he isn't clueless in the ways that Lambert was without Culverhouse.

Bring on a major summer of change and some excitement!

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

One thing to calm down about. on 01:45 - Apr 22 with 1646 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t wait for this squad of wastrels to be blown up. They’ve let themselves down, their families down, and the club down. Good riddance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One thing to calm down about. on 06:08 - Apr 22 with 1506 viewsgalacticoblue

A good manager makes sure he has the right people around him. PC speaks well and has good self awareness about him - so I’m fairly positive he’ll make the right call.

I personally hope he goes for someone with experience though.
One thing to calm down about. on 07:14 - Apr 22 with 1378 viewsChurchman

One thing to calm down about. on 06:08 - Apr 22 by galacticoblue

A good manager makes sure he has the right people around him. PC speaks well and has good self awareness about him - so I’m fairly positive he’ll make the right call.

I personally hope he goes for someone with experience though.

For all I care, he can go for Darth Vader - he’d certainly get our shower moving a bit quicker. Imagine it, a Death Star above Playford Road. Motivation sorted!

The primary wish is that he is able to get somebody he can trust and work with. He’s experienced enough to know what’ll work for him. It’s a good opportunity for somebody. I wonder if he might appoint Dyer or Roberts, if he’s got on with them.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 7:15]
One thing to calm down about. on 07:22 - Apr 22 with 1350 viewsSteve_M

The Culverhouse thing is massively overdone too, it's a Budgie attempt to avoid giving Lambert any credit for starting their run of success because he broke their hearts when he left.

And, agree your first point, if Cook can't manage properly without Richardson then he shouldn't be here, and he won't be here for very long.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 13:36]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One thing to calm down about. on 07:27 - Apr 22 with 1333 viewsArnieM

All successful managers have or build up an effect partnership. It’s all about the partnership.

Just because Leam isn’t joining Paul Cook, doesn’t suddenly mean PC is “ useless”, because that’s utter tripe. He just needs to identify the person he can work with and the new squad. We’ve only just heard about his previous assistant not joining us, Cook being close friends with Leam, will have know for a while , and maybe N. Hunt being in stands at last game was con coincidence.

Time will tell, but I’ve get every confidence in Paul Cook. He’s got an outstanding record, unlike his predecessor ......

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

One thing to calm down about. on 08:04 - Apr 22 with 1247 viewsGuthrum

One thing to calm down about. on 07:14 - Apr 22 by Churchman

For all I care, he can go for Darth Vader - he’d certainly get our shower moving a bit quicker. Imagine it, a Death Star above Playford Road. Motivation sorted!

The primary wish is that he is able to get somebody he can trust and work with. He’s experienced enough to know what’ll work for him. It’s a good opportunity for somebody. I wonder if he might appoint Dyer or Roberts, if he’s got on with them.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 7:15]

Or Matt Gill, who has shown he's got something about him, has experience and is well regarded in some quarters.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing to calm down about. on 08:09 - Apr 22 with 1244 viewsMetal_Hacker

One thing to calm down about. on 07:22 - Apr 22 by Steve_M

The Culverhouse thing is massively overdone too, it's a Budgie attempt to avoid giving Lambert any credit for starting their run of success because he broke their hearts when he left.

And, agree your first point, if Cook can't manage properly without Richardson then he shouldn't be here, and he won't be here for very long.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 13:36]

No comparison trust me but a lot of Forest fans I know of old after living in Nottingham and the Mother's family supporting them suggested their team during the "Clough" era wouldn't have been quite so without Taylor
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 8:16]

Poll: If it were one or the other

One thing to calm down about. on 12:40 - Apr 22 with 1021 viewshaynes_toe1

His record here suggests he misses Richardson big time. Let's hope thats not the case.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing to calm down about. on 12:42 - Apr 22 with 999 viewsHerbivore

One thing to calm down about. on 12:40 - Apr 22 by haynes_toe1

His record here suggests he misses Richardson big time. Let's hope thats not the case.

You're really looking to get all your "I told you so"s lined up early should things not work out here for Cook. Excellent work, my feathered friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing to calm down about. on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 909 viewshaynes_toe1

One thing to calm down about. on 12:42 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

You're really looking to get all your "I told you so"s lined up early should things not work out here for Cook. Excellent work, my feathered friend.

Call it as I see it.
One thing to calm down about. on 15:46 - Apr 22 with 810 viewsBlueWorldOrder

What restrictions will Cook have under FFP? I thought our spending was linked to our income and we've not had money coming in, so what players can he realistically sign that are better than what we have now?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

One thing to calm down about. on 15:47 - Apr 22 with 796 viewschrismakin

One thing to calm down about. on 15:46 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

What restrictions will Cook have under FFP? I thought our spending was linked to our income and we've not had money coming in, so what players can he realistically sign that are better than what we have now?

About 20 better players

We wont need to spend on fees. There are plenty if out of contract players to go for.

The fact we are clearing a hell of a lot of players means our wages to turnover wont be an issue

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One thing to calm down about. on 15:55 - Apr 22 with 778 viewsChurchman

One thing to calm down about. on 12:40 - Apr 22 by haynes_toe1

His record here also suggests he misses the bright lights of Chesterfield. Let’s hope that’s not the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024