Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread 07:41 - Apr 22 with 2051 viewsGeoffSentence

Does anyone in this part of the world consider themselves to be Southern? Or Northern for that matter.

I certainly don't, so far as I am concerned I am neither Northern nor Southern, I am East Anglian. Separate from both of them and something which , for better or worse, we share with the Nodgers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 07:44 - Apr 22 with 1548 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I like being ‘Essex’. Was called that in the uni football team as my nickname over the last three years too.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 07:56 - Apr 22 with 1522 viewsGuthrum

I always describe myself as an "Easterner", even tho (or possibly because) I no longer live there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 1501 viewsDarth_Koont

You’re definitely Southerners. As that’s the South East essentially.

Similarly I wouldn’t count the Welsh or Cornish as southerners as they’re out of that orbit, culturally and geographically.

Pronouns: He/Him

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:30 - Apr 22 with 1482 viewsBlue_Order

You’re a southerner, Geoff.
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:37 - Apr 22 with 1456 viewseastangliaisblue

East Anglian all day long.
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:39 - Apr 22 with 1441 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 07:44 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I like being ‘Essex’. Was called that in the uni football team as my nickname over the last three years too.

Though as a fellow 'Essex'er' I always see Romford as being London/Greater London.

New debate!
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:45 - Apr 22 with 1426 viewsWD19

South East

The nice bit; the bit that funds the rest of the UK.
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:48 - Apr 22 with 1417 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:39 - Apr 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Though as a fellow 'Essex'er' I always see Romford as being London/Greater London.

New debate!

Most of us in Romford consider it Essex tbh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:55 - Apr 22 with 1406 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:48 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Most of us in Romford consider it Essex tbh

Just a perception thing - I always see anything inside the M25 as London!
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:03 - Apr 22 with 1389 viewsKropotkin123

I'm East Anglian. Try getting a consensus on what that means though. For me, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and part of Essex.

Some include Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire... Surely not? Even in the old days they would have been part of Mercia? Not East Anglia.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:12 - Apr 22 with 1381 viewsKeno

Ok, so this could get complicated

I live on the south coast and have done for 40 years but NEVER describe myself as a southerner

I was born on the wonderful island of Ireland and if asked what my nationality I am proud to say "the same as God's I'm Irish"

I moved around a lot as a kid but lived mainly in different parts of East Anglia, and still have a bit of a accent, which gets worse when Im tired or want to annoy Mrs O

If I asked where are you from I also reply I'm an East Anglian and my home town is Ipswich.

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:14 - Apr 22 with 1373 viewsfooters

As a proud Lowestoftian I am Far Eastern. But to most other furreners, 'I'm not an alien, I'm East Anglian'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:21 - Apr 22 with 1353 viewsKeno

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:14 - Apr 22 by footers

As a proud Lowestoftian I am Far Eastern. But to most other furreners, 'I'm not an alien, I'm East Anglian'.

footers you reminded me of this

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:24 - Apr 22 with 1344 viewsblueislander

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:21 - Apr 22 by Keno

footers you reminded me of this

It is very simple. You draw a line from The Wash to The Bristol Channel, and anyone living North of that line is an Eskimo.
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:26 - Apr 22 with 1338 viewsKeno

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:24 - Apr 22 by blueislander

It is very simple. You draw a line from The Wash to The Bristol Channel, and anyone living North of that line is an Eskimo.

Is the line you describe the Artic Circle?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:28 - Apr 22 with 1336 viewsbluelagos

I am a global citizen. :-)

We are all Africans at the end of the day, life started in the rift valley. Some of our ancestors went for a walk, some got further than others, some lost some pigment on the way.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:29 - Apr 22 with 1331 viewsKeno

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:28 - Apr 22 by bluelagos

I am a global citizen. :-)

We are all Africans at the end of the day, life started in the rift valley. Some of our ancestors went for a walk, some got further than others, some lost some pigment on the way.

and some took a fancy to their mum/sister/auntie/slightly odd uncle and settled in Norfolk

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 1285 viewsBlueastheycome

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:14 - Apr 22 by footers

Amen brudda

It was straight after Millwall played a pre season friendly against Lowestoft Town FC 'up the medda' in the late 1960's that their fans adopted the 'Noone likes us.. we don't care' and the rest as they say is history

Coincidence? I think not.
Did I just make that up? Yes I did.
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:14 - Apr 22 with 1250 viewsipswich78

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:26 - Apr 22 by Darth_Koont

Similarly I wouldn’t count the Welsh or Cornish as southerners as they’re out of that orbit, culturally and geographically.

It's not though East Anglia is in the East (clue is in the name!).

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 1219 viewsDarth_Koont

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:14 - Apr 22 by ipswich78

It's not though East Anglia is in the East (clue is in the name!).

Try telling that to anyone else but yourselves . That sounds like lunacy – half of you are in the London commuter belt!

East Anglia is most definitely the South.

Pronouns: He/Him

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:33 - Apr 22 with 1202 viewsGeoffSentence

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:26 - Apr 22 by Darth_Koont

Everyone's a Southerner to you aren't they Darth? At least everyone in England

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:34 - Apr 22 with 1198 viewsGeoffSentence

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:30 - Apr 22 by Blue_Order

You’re a southerner, Geoff.

Nah, East Anglia is not The South.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 1185 viewssolemio

Somerset boy. Don't forget that the three best counties all begin with the letter S :
Somerset, Suffolk and Shropshire.

Of course we have to pretend that we don't like Norfolk.

Herts and Beds aren't in any region!
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:37 - Apr 22 with 1180 viewsGeoffSentence

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:03 - Apr 22 by Kropotkin123

I'm East Anglian. Try getting a consensus on what that means though. For me, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and part of Essex.

Some include Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire... Surely not? Even in the old days they would have been part of Mercia? Not East Anglia.

If it's West of The Devil's Ditch it is Mercia and ergo not East Anglia.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 1178 viewsgiant_stow

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:34 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

Nah, East Anglia is not The South.

Sorry Geoffrey, but you belong to the South. That line from the Wash to Bristol is definitive and unarguable. The moment you cross it, everything smells different.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024