Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread 07:41 - Apr 22 with 2112 viewsGeoffSentence

Does anyone in this part of the world consider themselves to be Southern? Or Northern for that matter.

I certainly don't, so far as I am concerned I am neither Northern nor Southern, I am East Anglian. Separate from both of them and something which , for better or worse, we share with the Nodgers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 505 viewsDarth_Koont

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:33 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

Everyone's a Southerner to you aren't they Darth? At least everyone in England

Nah, not really. I understand the North and South in English and UK terms .

And I’m a Southerner/sassenach myself in purely Scottish terms (Edinburgh).

Pronouns: He/Him

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:40 - Apr 22 with 501 viewsGeoffSentence

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:38 - Apr 22 by giant_stow

Sorry Geoffrey, but you belong to the South. That line from the Wash to Bristol is definitive and unarguable. The moment you cross it, everything smells different.

Kind of.

South of the Wash is South, I'll give you that, unless it is East of it too, in which case, it is the East. Not the South.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 484 viewsfactual_blue

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 10:36 - Apr 22 by solemio

Somerset boy. Don't forget that the three best counties all begin with the letter S :
Somerset, Suffolk and Shropshire.

Of course we have to pretend that we don't like Norfolk.

Herts and Beds aren't in any region!

You've wisely left Staffordshire off your list.

Agree about Shropshire.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:04 - Apr 22 with 484 viewsfactual_blue

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 09:12 - Apr 22 by Keno

Ok, so this could get complicated

I live on the south coast and have done for 40 years but NEVER describe myself as a southerner

I was born on the wonderful island of Ireland and if asked what my nationality I am proud to say "the same as God's I'm Irish"

I moved around a lot as a kid but lived mainly in different parts of East Anglia, and still have a bit of a accent, which gets worse when Im tired or want to annoy Mrs O

If I asked where are you from I also reply I'm an East Anglian and my home town is Ipswich.

Born in Pimlico (so just about a cockernee). Raised in Balham (gateway to the south) until I was 18.

Life-long family connections to Suffolk, where we moved 31 years ago, after time in Manchester and Wolverhampton.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:12 - Apr 22 with 477 viewsGeoffSentence

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:04 - Apr 22 by factual_blue

Born in Pimlico (so just about a cockernee). Raised in Balham (gateway to the south) until I was 18.

Life-long family connections to Suffolk, where we moved 31 years ago, after time in Manchester and Wolverhampton.

Do you still have your passport?

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:15 - Apr 22 with 466 viewsfactual_blue

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:12 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

Do you still have your passport?

I was able to exchange it for a French one under certain provisions of the Treaty of Rome.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:16 - Apr 22 with 465 viewsfactual_blue

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 08:48 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Most of us in Romford consider it Essex tbh

Most of the rest of us try not consider it at all.

Following on from the 'where does the North start' thread on 11:52 - Apr 22 with 428 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Immediately thought of this

[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 11:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024