Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forty Years Ago Today 09:47 - Apr 22 with 896 viewsPhilTWTD

We made the UEFA Cup final. Terry Butcher's take on his goal in Cologne and how he and Russell Osman celebrated.

Butcher: I Couldn't Believe It When I Scored 22nd Apr 2020 09:51
Today marks the 39th anniversary of the Blues’ 1-0 UEFA Cup semi-final second leg victory away in Cologne, securing a 2-0 win on aggregate, so TWTD spoke to the winning goalscorer, Town legend Terry Butcher. 11

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:01 - Apr 22 with 829 viewsPhilTWTD

And 20 years ago yesterday we qualified for the UEFA Cup I've just noticed.

Town 2-0 Coventry 21st Apr 2001 17:58
The Blues place in Europe was confirmed as they beat a lacklustre Coventry side as Southampton drew with Aston Villa. Goals from Martijn Reuser and Jermaine Wright, his first at Portman Road, saw Town home as Coventry's twin threat of John Hartson and former Canary Craig Bellamy was kept at bay. 0

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:03 - Apr 22 with 819 viewshype313

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:01 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

The Blues place in Europe was confirmed as they beat a lacklustre Coventry side as Southampton drew with Aston Villa. Goals from Martijn Reuser and Jermaine Wright, his first at Portman Road, saw Town home as Coventry's twin threat of John Hartson and former Canary Craig Bellamy was kept at bay. 0

And on this day in ten years time, we will be embarking on the ESL 2.0.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:04 - Apr 22 with 812 viewsTractorCam

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:01 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

So today we should really be preparing for the EFL Cup final on Sunday to get a place in Europe. Or maybe we'll announce a pre-season tour this afternoon?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:09 - Apr 22 with 790 viewsBiGDonnie

Great read. Particularly the bit about the neighbour walking to work at 7.30, casually passing the two of em, probably p*ssed up and simply saying "good result last night lads" - brilliant.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:25 - Apr 22 with 745 viewsjeera

Town: Cooper, Steggles, McCall, Thijssen, Osman, Butcher, Wark, Muhren, Mariner, Brazil, Mills.

Sigh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:58 - Apr 22 with 686 viewssolemio

Forty Years Ago Today on 10:25 - Apr 22 by jeera

Town: Cooper, Steggles, McCall, Thijssen, Osman, Butcher, Wark, Muhren, Mariner, Brazil, Mills.

Sigh.

Burley injured again. I blame the Ipswich medical team.
Forty Years Ago Today on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 642 viewssoupytwist

Cologne's most recent mascot appears to have taken the news of this anniversary particularly hard -

Forty Years Ago Today on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 636 viewsFtnfwest

Bobby's smile when that went in... He had to be cajoled by Bobby F though as it was the weekend after the two losses that basically cost us the league. Then managed to beat Man City 3 days later though!
Login to get fewer ads

Forty Years Ago Today on 12:44 - Apr 22 with 600 viewsKeno

A match summed up in two pictures

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024